Thread: Volcanic Touch -> Catapuls?

Volcanic Touch -> Catapuls?

My question is simple: why the splash damage of Volcanic Touch (Magmus) can damage the catapults? Isn't it magical damage?

It's a port from DotA

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    It deals superior magic damage to catapults and magic damage to anything else.

Well why they didn't wrote it in the skill description?

If this was done for every skill, all the details there, it would be minutes of reading for each skill. It is not key to the skill so it's not in the description.
    #reinstateapostate

<targettype type="Mechanical"> <damage effecttype="SuperiorMagic" amount="90,130,170,220" />

ok, thanks for the answers

Account Icon
    Whats more interesting is that this ability will damage people through Shrunken Head.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Thats due to it having a target type that is not organic and damage that is not magic. Superior magic damage bypasses Shrunken Head and it is why Lord Salforis can damage you with Lifetap though Immunity.

EDIT: Mag's triggers superior only against Mech.
    Last edited by Hubaris; 04-22-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    She strode through Sigil and none dared stand before; whether it was reverence or fear, she was always more.
    Existing beyond planes, a being above all; no angers, hatreds or grudge filled her hall.
    And with hushed voices people went to claim; but no one dares to call her, the Lady of Pain.

Quote Originally Posted by D0ri View Post
    Whats more interesting is that this ability will damage people through Shrunken Head.
    Wrong. Superior Magic only against Mechanical, normal Magic against anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
    Why the hell would Dota 2 ever port S2 heroes. It's not even a possibility. It's like asking whether the new Zelda is gonna port techies.

Why does killing a unit with points in volcanic touch cause the damage to catapults, but killing the catapult directly not cause volcanic touch to go off?

The damage is superior magic but not the effect itself. That's why killing a catapult wont trigger it.

Quote Originally Posted by `Nus View Post
    The damage is superior magic but not the effect itself. That's why killing a catapult wont trigger it.
    I see. Its been bugging me for a while. Is it intended? or should killing catapult will trigger it?

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    If it is written into the scripts then it can be assumed that it is intended.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

When I was younger I had an imaginary friend.
    Now, with internet gaming, I have hundreds of imaginary friends.

-American proverb

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Its always been like that in DotA with Sand King, as to why, you'll have to go back quite a few years and find out.
    She strode through Sigil and none dared stand before; whether it was reverence or fear, she was always more.
    Existing beyond planes, a being above all; no angers, hatreds or grudge filled her hall.
    And with hushed voices people went to claim; but no one dares to call her, the Lady of Pain.