I didn't search for this because I'm lazy, if I stole someone else's idea, I'm sorry.
Mentors or spectators should be able to "Step in" and play for the team of the player they are mentoring/spectating if someone has disconnected.
Optional: Players can "Step in" for a team even if they are not mentoring/spectating someone in the game by using the "Step in" button on a person of the team who has a disconnected player.
- whole team of the disconnected player must vote yes for the other guy to step in.
- disconnected timer is not stopped; if the disconnected player returns, the guy who stepped in is kicked out of his spot; when the timer reaches zero, the disconnected player loses his right to come back; after that, if the replacement disconnects, the hero and the spot is instantly removed (can change it to max 1 min to reconnect or find another replacement).
- for the disconnected player the stats for the game will be the same as a regular disconnect.
- the replacement doesn't receive any stats for the game.
- any original player (not replacements) of the replacement's team can kick him without any vote from the other teammates.
- the actions of the replacement aren't reportable via RAP.
- the replacement doesn't have access to all chat (to prevent any verbal abuse because you can't report him).
- the replacement has to be in the disconnected player range (+/-69 mmr).
*- "Step in" only works if the disconnect timer is less than 2 minutes. (please comment on this, I'm not sure about it, was suggested by a friend to prevent any abuses like : 4+1 team, the random gets disconnected and the other 4 accepts a replacement just to feed with the disconnected player; because no one can be reported for it)
**- the replacement can't sell, buy, drop items and can't use skill points until the disconnected player loses his right to come back (d/c timer expires or d/c player joins another game).
Feel free to reply, any suggestions are most welcomed.
Please vote the idea, the details can be modified.
*not sure if I should keep this or not
Last edited by Gogul; 04-22-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Game Masters are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.