I didn't search for this because I'm lazy, if I stole someone else's idea, I'm sorry.
Mentors or spectators should be able to "Step in" and play for the team of the player they are mentoring/spectating if someone has disconnected.
Optional: Players can "Step in" for a team even if they are not mentoring/spectating someone in the game by using the "Step in" button on a person of the team who has a disconnected player.
- whole team of the disconnected player must vote yes for the other guy to step in.
- disconnected timer is not stopped; if the disconnected player returns, the guy who stepped in is kicked out of his spot; when the timer reaches zero, the disconnected player loses his right to come back; after that, if the replacement disconnects, the hero and the spot is instantly removed (can change it to max 1 min to reconnect or find another replacement).
- for the disconnected player the stats for the game will be the same as a regular disconnect.
- the replacement doesn't receive any stats for the game.
- any original player (not replacements) of the replacement's team can kick him without any vote from the other teammates.
- the actions of the replacement aren't reportable via RAP.
- the replacement doesn't have access to all chat (to prevent any verbal abuse because you can't report him).
- the replacement has to be in the disconnected player range (+/-69 mmr).
*- "Step in" only works if the disconnect timer is less than 2 minutes. (please comment on this, I'm not sure about it, was suggested by a friend to prevent any abuses like : 4+1 team, the random gets disconnected and the other 4 accepts a replacement just to feed with the disconnected player; because no one can be reported for it)
**- the replacement can't sell, buy, drop items and can't use skill points until the disconnected player loses his right to come back (d/c timer expires or d/c player joins another game).
Feel free to reply, any suggestions are most welcomed.
Please vote the idea, the details can be modified.
*not sure if I should keep this or not
Last edited by Gogul; 04-21-2012 at 11:41 PM.
Game Masters are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.
The forums are NOT for reporting players. If you wish to report a player, please use the in-game R.A.P. Function.