Thread: Purchase Silver coins, not just Gold

View Poll Results: Do you want this suggestion implemented in HoN?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, although numbers need to be balanced.

10 55.56%
  • No it is unnecessary.

8 44.44%

Purchase Silver coins, not just Gold

Behind the idea
    First off, this idea may sound stupid. Who would purchase silver coins if you can purchase gold coins and that gold coin prices in the shop cost less? Well the problem for many of us players are that we purchase gold coins, use them and have left over. And so we purchase more and more to try to lower the amount. OR we just purchase them on a regular basis which is not the matter here. The matter is for people who do not purchase gold coins on a regular basis.

Reasoning
    For many players who only purchase gold coins a few times, the left over gold coins are usually wasted whereas silver coins can be easily reimbursed through playing matchmaking games which makes it an infinite resource. This makes silver coins much more flexible than the gold coins and in to my knowledge:
    flexibility = increase sales.

How would this work?!
    Firstly stating the obvious, gold coins cost less (in coin value) to purchase items than silver coins. My solution to this is to average out a $10 purchase of gold coins to silver while also including smaller purchase amounts like $5 or $15.
    But the problem comes here; gold coin to silver coin prices aren't the same!
    My solution is; obviously, alt avatars are the where (I assume) players purchase from in the shop other than Early Access heroes. Since theGOLDLEN alts are usually around 420 Gold coins and 3000 silver coins, the ratio of gold to silver would be:
    14 [Gold] : 100 [Silver]
    Therefore (I just realized no math was needed whatsoever), for $10 we get 3000 silver coins. [This amount is just for an example since not all shop prices are exact to the ratio for alt-avatars, which this amount would have to be balanced]

Benefits!
    Well obviously we won't have left over gold coins that would be useless if we do not buy any more (I current have 1 gold coin left!). AND S2 can also sell silver coins in different increments; e.g. $5, $15, $20 - instead of the weird current gold coin prices of $10 < $30 < $40.
    Benefits for S2 - making more money like you always wanted! I'd honestly rather purchase silver coins over gold for it's flexibility.
    ---

This cant be too great SO there must be a setback for purchasing silver coins instead of gold coins which would be not having purchase bonuses for paying for a larger amount.

Feedback? - Anizer

Please re-vote!

~~~~~~~FAQ~~~~~~~

How is purchasing silver coins better than gold? Why would you even suggest such idea?!?!??!?!?

Originally Posted by Anizer
    ...purchasing silver coins is better than gold because of it's higher liquidity compared to gold. Obviously the more liquid an item is, the more it is worth or better it is.

Why don't you just convert gold coins into silver coins?

Originally Posted by Anizer
    ...instead of losing silver coins or gold coins in the process of transferring coins, directly purchasing silver coins removes one step from the process which equates better efficiency.

------------

Fixes
    [Feb/22/12] -Added FAQ (basically quotes from myself to answer questions that people may ask).
    [Apr/4/12] -Re-posted from achives for thread presence.
    Last edited by Anizer; 05-06-2012 at 02:18 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I think you forgot to add a poll

Also, if the gold to silver ratio is as good as tjat, there will be no more point in buying gold coins, considering you used one of the biggest possible ratios between gold and silver. If you compare any of the cheaper alts, you will always get more stuff for buying silver with your suggested values.

Something along the lines of a 500/800 silver coin package for 5$ seems more realistic.
    Last edited by Skyve; 04-05-2012 at 01:29 AM.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    What about the silver lord symbol then? People wont feel as accomplished when anyone can just buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    I think you forgot to add a poll

Also, if the gold to silver ratio is as good as tjat, there will be no more point in buying gold coins, considering you used one of the biggest possible ratios between gold and silver. If you compare any of the cheaper alts, you will always get more stuff for buying silver with your suggested values.

Something along the lines of a 500/800 silver coin package for 5$ seems more realistic.
    Yes I did forget the poll, thanks And yes the price numbers need to be balanced, I just gave the maximum ratio as of today just for an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchos View Post
    What about the silver lord symbol then? People wont feel as accomplished when anyone can just buy it.
    Some items in the shop will be limited to silver earned coins while others can be bought with both.

I can't even begin to explain how stupid this idea is.... Why not come up with ideas like 'trade 1 gold for 3 silver' or something useful?

"Obviously the more liquid an item is, the more it is worth or better it is." wow, just wow..... Do you have ANY concept of real life?

p.s. why do you feel it necessary to make your entire post bold? You might as well use comic sans....
    Last edited by Rommoram; 05-04-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rommoram View Post
    I can't even begin to explain how stupid this idea is.... Why not come up with ideas like 'trade 1 gold for 3 silver' or something useful?

"Obviously the more liquid an item is, the more it is worth or better it is." wow, just wow..... Do you have ANY concept of real life?

p.s. why do you feel it necessary to make your entire post bold? You might as well use comic sans....
    You cannot begin to explain how stupid idea this idea is, yet you do not explain whatsoever. Who's stupid? Anyways it's not trading gold coins with silver, it's spending money on silver coins because silver coins are more flexible than gold. It's just a suggestion.

No concept of real life? Let me explain to you, which would you rather own? A million dollar house or million dollars in cash. If you want the house, then that's probably your own personal opinion but choosing the cash is a better choice. First of all the house is a given value of money, in other words a value of cash. If you are unable to sell the house if the price depreciates, then you lose that value/cash. Other problems are maintenance, taxes, electricity/hydro bills, and work which complicate owning a house over cash. But in order to gain money from the house, you'll first of all have to sell it, and houses are sometimes difficult to sell depending on season, location, age, looks and the personal opinions of the potential buyers. This is why it is important for companies to have cash available in case of any emergency or financial trouble. Anyways if you take accounting, you'll learn about liquidity, which is labeling assets based on how quickly you can obtain the cash value. Since silver coins are renewable, you can gain silver coins by playing matchmaking games, this makes silver coins more liquid compared to gold coins which can only be renewed by spending money. Obviously you'd be playing more matchmaking games then spending money on gold coins, thus silver coins prove to be more liquid the gold coins giving - in my opinion - a great value over gold coins if they could be purchased. If you come to understand the banking system, you'll realize that you want cash over electronic numbers and data. I don't think you have any concept of real life. Before you say an idea is stupid, back it up with knowledge because not doing so is fairly stupid.

And the bold-ed letters were an error. Thanks