We all find this very frustrating; we join a game, it fills to 10/10 and the host doesn't auto balance and start the game. Everyone starts to spam "ab and go!" "ab and go!", until one player questions if the host is afk. In fact he is and we leave the game, leaving the game sever up for more players to be tricked. Wasting much of our playing time, I have come up with a solution to prevent this from occurring in the future.
I suggest to have an automated timer when someone creates a game, that after 2 minutes of inactivity, the game server automatically closes so people wont join a game that won't start. If there are players in the game, the host will be automatically kicked and random new player in the game server will be given host privileges.
1) Vote-kick host in game server (after being afk and identifed as afk).
2) Indication when you join a game (or indicated in the list of servers).
[3/14/12] - Fixed terrible old description and updated my suggestion model
- Updated with colors![4/4/12] - Re-posted from achive for thread presence.
I suggest allowing for a votekick if a host is afk. 90% pass would be required to kick.
1) Host needs to be afk, meaning no actions from the host in the last 2 minutes. That includes chats, clicks, and possibly even mouse movements.
2) Host can be votekicked (90% pass required). There should be no delayed timer in between votes.
At the very least, players should be able to see how long someone has been afk.
shows the amount of time that players have not sent any messages or commands.
I voted no as I think public games are a part of the game I rather have S2 not spend rescources on
Last edited by narvoxx; 05-08-2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: typo
Vote Yes. ITs annoying, suggestion: some way to flag the game as AFK HOST.