Thread: Favourite hero for winning low mmr single que games

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tightnbright View Post
    Oh, it shouldn't be too hard

I just recently became verified and I'm still positively terrible at this game, but I still think Cogz has a point

Ah, I remember my first games mid as electrician. I maxed grab first, walked right up or down the river, hit shield and Qed onto an enemy, watched the other flee and my teammates just pounce on the poor stunned bastard.

No resistance and no wards...ever :/

Rinse and repeat whenever you can

but that might just be my unverified experience speaking, and actual verified players may have more sense at the 1500mm level

Otherwise...idk Valk seems pretty neat for doing whatever you want at low levels just thanks to that leap of hers.
    if you want a really op hero with a blink/leap go for magebane, really. it's the only fckn hero ingame that can make you look like a retard running around chasing him (when he's 50hp), mana cost is low, and the cooldown, is at least ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by runninwoof View Post
    ophelia, nubs don't set wards so they never see ganks coming. But it takes a lot of newb herding to get the win. you have to make sure the newbs know to follow you around and just take towers. If you do this, then the enemy's crap team (probably made of 5 melee carries) cant stop the push, and even if they could, they would have to wrangle all 5 of thier newbs to the tower, which never happens as they will have at least one of they're carries farming.
    ^this, quoted for effin' truth

you don't even have to be that great with ophelia (though it obviously helps), just follow above quoted and you usually get handed a EASY free win in 1500's and even 1600's bracket. the reason i stopped playing ophelia often was because how boringly easy it is to win games with her if you know what you're doing (just push, ward, and gank ); i got into the high 1700's-low 1800's solo queuing with her pre-compression, and it's still quite easy to pull off unless you specifically get countered by a GOOD parasite that knows how to counter you properly (very rare in lower brackets)
    Last edited by PrestonLee; 04-06-2012 at 05:16 AM.
    -

SS, CD or Hg - you really almost can't go wrong with them.

But to be honest your best bet is going tanky Str hero, something like Armadon, elect or Kraken. They are amazing in low level brackets as people have loads of problems countering Str heroes.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonLee View Post
    ^this, quoted for effin' truth

you don't even have to be that great with ophelia (though it obviously helps), just follow above quoted and you usually get handed a EASY free win in 1500's and even 1600's bracket. the reason i stopped playing ophelia often was because how boringly easy it is to win games with her if you know what you're doing (just push, ward, and gank ); i got into the high 1700's-low 1800's solo queuing with her pre-compression, and it's still quite easy to pull off unless you specifically get countered by a GOOD parasite that knows how to counter you properly (very rare in lower brackets)
    Also works against 1700 tards. Yes I suggest ophelia, but you still have to know how to play her decently. Im currently around 80% win with ophelia and she is one of my top played heroes and I just tab my minions.

Other good heroes are those who snowball hard and will rape early+mid game like dampeer, zephyr and devo as an example. Ofc take mid lane. Also if your 1700 you shouldnt have any problems against 1500. Always when im matched against 1500s I just troll the games and try something new cause I wont win/loose much.
    Last edited by Ackwell1; 04-06-2012 at 09:54 AM.

If Sol's Blessing cant fix it, nothing can....

Quote Originally Posted by Ackwell1 View Post
    Also works against 1700 tards. Yes I suggest ophelia, but you still have to know how to play her decently. Im currently around 80% win with ophelia and she is one of my top played heroes and I just tab my minions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ackwell1 View Post
    Other good heroes are those who snowball hard and will rape early+mid game like dampeer, zephyr and devo as an example. Ofc take mid lane. Also if your 1700 you shouldnt have any problems against 1500. Always when im matched against 1500s I just troll the games and try something new cause I wont win/loose much.
    yeah, she's my all-time most played hero when including public and pre-retail. I've managed to keep a >60% win rate on her in over 200 games (have experience with her in over 500 games I'm sure), and these include all the games when I was still a HORRIBLE player

point in case, learn to be a prophelia, get handed ezz wins
    -

Salforis is actually quite good if you build him as a ganker (best route imo). He's a very strong melee mid (like Tremble), has a strong ganking ult (like DW), peaks early in the game (like Pebbles), and farms like Ra when you get proper mana regen. I've been rushing a Kuldra Sheepstick which allows me to gank/farm very efficiently. So far in this 1600 bracket I've been getting ~15+ kills reliably

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Fayde, Pebbles, Armadon, and Electrician. Easy to set up ganks. Easy to solo gank. You can play like a jackass and still win or tie mid. Easy to farm. And they all get better as the game goes on.

Also, never played Armadon mid until recently, but holy hell does he stomp with levels. Teams below 1600 do some pretty stupid sh** to try and counter Armadon, like swapping SS out of mid for an OJ Panda (thanks for the bloodlust), use every ultimate on you at the start of a teamfight, spend all of their gold on negative armor glass cannon items which lets your carry rape them in a few whacks. It's hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by GodTzimisce View Post
    Well I was and two friends on MM and other aviation 3 friends on the other team ... he guesses all cartoons of the rampage and still warns his team who the hell in charge, and when you buy in the blink he uses PK fog giving stun allyados mine
    www.itsgosu.com

My Hero Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Jenova26 View Post
    Teams below 1600 do some pretty stupid sh** to try and counter Armadon, like swapping SS out of mid for an OJ Panda (thanks for the bloodlust), use every ultimate on you at the start of a teamfight, spend all of their gold on negative armor glass cannon items which lets your carry rape them in a few whacks. It's hilarious.
    lol I don't know about keeping SS mid either as a capable Armadon will completely shitstomp him (4 totems bottle armadon -> dive gank SS over and over starting level 2 = trololol 0-4 into jungle/Ragequit SS), but yeah swapping out for an incapable (OJ) Panda sounds hilarious too

but yeah so true on all your points, especially about playing like a jackass and still winning mid for Armadon and Pebbles I feel Pebbles is one of those heroes where you can play like a jackass the entire game and still come out with an easy win lol

I don't really like Fayde for pubstomping because 1. she's boring as hell early game (til 11+, where she's still boring as hell even if you're stomping with her) 2. cooldowns are too high for just completely shitstomping people that are worse than you in a game; yeah you can still stomp hard regardless, and it's easy to do so, but for the same effort with Pebbles you can get a kill every ~20 seconds (combo) rather than having to wait for long ulti cooldowns, and Armadon once you get farmed/fed (which is easy vs people worse than you) all you basically have to do is run around like an idiot spamming W and get hat-tricks every teamfight lol..

Electrician takes a bit of skill to use PROPERLY but is just all-around fun, mostly because people just aren't used to playing/reacting to a well-played Electrician and just start to play the blame game on their own team when they get their asses handed to them (NOOB **** FED ELECTRICIAN GG). and yes he will shitstomp games if you do it right
    Last edited by PrestonLee; 04-06-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    -

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by PrestonLee View Post
    I don't really like Fayde for pubstomping because 1. she's boring as hell early game (til 11+, where she's still boring as hell even if you're stomping with her) 2. cooldowns are too high for just completely shitstomping people that are worse than you in a game; yeah you can still stomp hard regardless, and it's easy to do so, but for the same effort with Pebbles you can get a kill every ~20 seconds (combo) rather than having to wait for long ulti cooldowns, and Armadon once you get farmed/fed (which is easy vs people worse than you) all you basically have to do is run around like an idiot spamming W and get hat-tricks every teamfight lol..
    lol? You have a Fayde icon, though?

Seriously, though, I agree. Fayde is one of my Top 5 favorite heroes (amazing concept, all around), but with this pubtrain crap, you can only get to around 4-0 or 5-0 before the just run around as 5 holding hands and hugging towers. I've started to play her less lately because of this. Not to mention my last two games with her were 14-0 and 17-2, both games the enemy conceded when I was mere seconds away from that last kill for immortal (ult broken already and everything).
    Well I was and two friends on MM and other aviation 3 friends on the other team ... he guesses all cartoons of the rampage and still warns his team who the hell in charge, and when you buy in the blink he uses PK fog giving stun allyados mine
    www.itsgosu.com

My Hero Guides

Quote Originally Posted by Jenova26 View Post
    lol? You have a Fayde icon, though?

Seriously, though, I agree. Fayde is one of my Top 5 favorite heroes (amazing concept, all around), but with this pubtrain crap, you can only get to around 4-0 or 5-0 before the just run around as 5 holding hands and hugging towers. I've started to play her less lately because of this. Not to mention my last two games with her were 14-0 and 17-2, both games the enemy conceded when I was mere seconds away from that last kill for immortal (ult broken already and everything).
    Yeah, that's pretty much the other reason Fayde isn't as great as a stomp pick; vs decent players when the enemy team gets the picture (assuming they ever do) and just starts holding hands, then there isn't much you can do about it except start farming and rush your level 11/Codex/whatever you're building and transition into teamplay mode (and hope your team doesn't suck sh1t )..

I tend to play Fayde a bit differently than others and like getting a Portal Key on her to get over the whole 5-man pubtrain boundeye problem and initiate with stun->Cull->Slow (then Sheep/Frostfield/Puzzle/Hellflower if team commits) then ulti for team vision, scout out the situation and wait for cooldowns (while my team SHOULD've gone in) and then do combo again.. but going back to other post, for stomping purposes, Pebbles just does this better and will usually be one-shotting squishies by level 5 all the way through mid-late game and for less effort

Don't get me wrong, I also love Fayde because of how potentially versatile she is with some skill, but I just don't like picking her much anymore; for stomping purposes there're just better picks (again, Peeebless). I've played Fayde so much now that I only tend to pick her for doing out-of-the-box 'fun' strategies with her like Pkey->Hellflower/Sheep/Puzzle, it's no fun stomping bads with Codex anyway, the people who are bad enough to lose to Codex5 Fayde usually will lose to any item build on Fayde regardless provided you have some skill, and the people who aren't bad enough to lose to Codex5 Fayde will usually shut you down hard if you're stupid enough to upgrade your Codex.
    Last edited by PrestonLee; 04-06-2012 at 03:25 PM.
    -

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    But Codex 5 insta-gib is SOOO much fun!

Seriously, though, PK-Fayde is very fun. Never tried HF, but I can see that working amazingly. I'll have to try that. Always meant to, but I always forget to do it.

BTW, you said "..Pebbles does it better". You have to try Fayde-style Pebbles. SOOOOOO much fun. Get PK (for obv reason), then Codex and Shroud. It sounds very "lulz" but it's insanely effective and not to mention hilarious.
    www.itsgosu.com

My Hero Guides

is fun for stomping lower mmr with. and fly around the map with 390ms, 100+ attack and good regen. laning with a ensures a victory.

Ra is my goto stomping hero. Get early kills with a decent lane partner, snowball ridiculously, farm like a maniac and have silly items by 20 minutes into the game (I've had ghosts, iron shield, shamans, behemoth's heart, barbed and a mock by the 20 minute mark when I snowball hard enough and just nuke all the creeps in the entire ****ing game). If you get a good start with Ra he literally roflstomps everyone in sight and is pretty much unkillable.

My go-to win heroes are tort, CD, devo, midas, and pharaoh. That was in order of easiest win to somewhat easy win.

Any hero really. If u like to win just wait for your team to pick what they want and pick heroes that synergize; or pick counter heroes to the other team.

There's a lot of different heroes/styles you can play.

You could go mid and just try to dominate the early/mid-game and have good farm going into the lategame.

I myself prefer to pick really tanky heroes like Armadon or similiar, because in solo queue it's gonna be harder to take down a tanky hero because the teamplay is just not gonna be on the same level as if a whole team of 5 sits on Skype communicating with eachother.

You could also just pick a hard-carry like Magebane, TDL or similiar if you can get someone to lane with you.

In general you want to pick heroes that you can stay alive with, like if you play Magebane you need to play really conservative and get some survivability items in most cases, and if you play right you shouldn't die too much, if ever.