Thread: Tournaments for amateur players! $1000 in prizes

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very cool!
    I'm picking up a team for the 5v5 Tournament right now.
    I hope to enjoy that! Thanks for the opportunity!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    hey i am 1680-1700 mmr
    i have 1000 game played
    can some1 invite me for 5v5 or 3v3
    i have micro i am 19 years old
    i will play any role waht team will need
    i wana try it (i havent never before been on turnaments)

btw if i register for 5v5 can i go and for 1v1 or 3v3?

hi i would like to join a 1v1 tourny but need more info on when it is ect

how do you register for 1v1 ? and are matches scheduled or agreed upon by the contestants ? and servers :P ?
    DaddyMeander, protector of all the HoN players, is my father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sven2 View Post
    It's totally possible to play a serious mid wars game. I always wear a suit and matching tie for mid wars. Also, remember to sit up straight and play with a professional expression on your face.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnowJr View Post
    As WS about to stun him, I click him before he begins his homosexual gymnast act, as im about to stun i get flung 50 different ways, ministunned enough times to go make a bowl of cereal and come back, but still no stun, even though i did my part perfectly and he just went HURRRR DURRR on the keyboard while punching his mouse.

Hey everybody! Our 1v1 tournament is now up on our site! Please click the link below for all the details!
    http://www.clanmilk.com/tournaments/1v1/

Edit: Opening post updated for all of our new tournaments - check out the link here:
    http://www.clanmilk.com/tournaments/
    Last edited by haddon; 04-09-2012 at 01:22 PM.

if i understood and translated correctly they will take place midday european time? 12:00 i mean ..
    DaddyMeander, protector of all the HoN players, is my father.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sven2 View Post
    It's totally possible to play a serious mid wars game. I always wear a suit and matching tie for mid wars. Also, remember to sit up straight and play with a professional expression on your face.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnowJr View Post
    As WS about to stun him, I click him before he begins his homosexual gymnast act, as im about to stun i get flung 50 different ways, ministunned enough times to go make a bowl of cereal and come back, but still no stun, even though i did my part perfectly and he just went HURRRR DURRR on the keyboard while punching his mouse.

No, they should be about 8PM CET time (give or take a few hours)
    I scheduled the tournaments so that they work well time wise across EU and US.

is that 3am for england ?

Should be about 7-8 PM for England.

smileyface.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by NOW_is_JOKER View Post

btw if i register for 5v5 can i go and for 1v1 or 3v3?
    Yup, feel free to register for as many events as you'd like.

Registration is now sending confirmation emails to those that sign up, i'm also going to start working on a calendar that will be up on our site for all our events.

since when is 1750 'amateur'? in terms of the skill of the global population, 1750 is only 'amateur' when compared to 2000s. amateur, when looking at the broad scale of things is probably closer to 1600 or less.

and how the heck do you prevent people from making new accounts to get around your 1750 limitation?

Quote Originally Posted by `tron View Post
    since when is 1750 'amateur'? in terms of the skill of the global population, 1750 is only 'amateur' when compared to 2000s. amateur, when looking at the broad scale of things is probably closer to 1600 or less.

and how the heck do you prevent people from making new accounts to get around your 1750 limitation?
    Amateur = player that can't compete at a competitive level.
    Regarding smurfs/high rankings: We check every account that signs up for these tournaments.

You could've found the answer to both of your questions if you bothered to click the link >.>

On a sidenote;
    our 5v5 tournament begins on Saturday, with over 150 teams signed up! I think Milkfat will be streaming finals and grand finals.

Whats the highest mmr you can play at. Meaning whats the range for "amateur"

Quote Originally Posted by g0dAr1es View Post
    Whats the highest mmr you can play at. Meaning whats the range for "amateur"
    Depends on the tournament (the 1v1 differs from the 5v5), but it is generally players can only be at a max of 1800 MMR if they wish to participate. It's basically: If I think you (or your team in the case of a 5v5, 3v3) are an amateur player/team, you'll get in. If you're not, you don't get it. We had about 160 applications for our 5v5 tournament this weekend, over 30 of them were denied. Best judgement :<

We use the definition of amateur as "players who can't participate at a competitive level", btw.

hey thanks for hosting this tourney even though my clan got stomped it was a good learning experience

1v1 is next week - bump for love.

Account Icon
    Amateur
    implying that PRO hon players exsist

1v1 tournament starts on Saturday - sign up soon!

1v1 tourney for April starts in 3 days - signups end in about 10 hours or so. Check out clanmilk.com/tournaments