OK. Since I play dota2 now...that's mostly because: (so take this as a wish that I would love to have long ago)
- custom maps and game modes enabled for all, not just for me (tower defense, etc...maybe to develop a server purely for these custom games in pub mode)
- adding more player for watchtower as example (6v6, 7v7 or maybe even 8v8, but lets not go to high, maybe +1 would cause exponential trouble enough in gameplay)
- better balance? I don't want to mock here ofc, but I simply think the balance is bad. I know it's hard to do, because every skill is different in nature, so there is nothing wrong to have every hero "OP" in something, but to have only a couple and the rest to be nerfed down is bad. (just thinking of my favorite hero, voodoo jester, he got nerfed because "pro" player used him often, after nerf I just simply could not carry anymore with him and he is never picked up competitively. What tells you this?)
- Not to mock again, I really LOVE the beta heroes that are not ported over from DotA: deadwood, puppet master, dark lady, etc..also empath, parasite they have such a great concept and meta behind them, they are fun to play. They had something unique in them, and not the same old boring stiff, like a NULL STONE as a skill. There is no shame to take skill for other games and get creative with it. I hope further hero will have more "creativity" in them.
Last edited by FryQ; 04-09-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Too bad, it's S2.
Mid wars map
Add cake mode to custom games, every hero becomes a cake model!!!
7v7 or 12v12 or similar would be only thing that would bring me back to hon over dota 2 atm. This game have so much unused potential to make fun for us gamers TT.
Custom maps and a midwars map is all I want for christmas. (I hope the deadline is not too rough on you guys.)
Here are some ideas I ahe some of which have already been told:
-Double silver coin matchmaking
-Gold coin matchmaking
-Giving each player some kind of pass/code with which each player can unlock one thing from shop for free.
-Lottary "ticket" event:
*Make a system that somehow every players can register for this lottary. For example as previous lottary, everyone needs to win 1 game each day to enter.
*Prices of the lottary will be different. For example: Gold Coin Packages, Codes/Passes(call them w/e you want) for 1 free Alt.Avatar of your choice(different passes for different quality type of avatars: low,mid and high, where lwo are the cheapest,mid are 900 silver and high are 3k silver); Announcer Pack of your choice;5 symbols of your choice;5 account icons fo your choice; And the most dificult to win would be a Gold Collectio Alt.Avatar Pass. Basicly you can win different types of passes with which you can unlock something for free.
"Peace if possible, truth at all costs."
"Blood alone moves the wheels of history."
"I feel much freer now that I am certain the pope is the Antichrist."
"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way. "
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Banking institutions are more dangerous than standing armies”
Give us editor and we will make what we want. Custom maps and mods is what we intend to create.
Has Fun love you're live.
wacky wacky matchmaking with 1800 vs 1300 and stuff
no stats of course
Last edited by duckface1337; 04-09-2012 at 12:31 PM. Reason: i needed it
New artists. The newer heroes look wacky and don't fit the HoN lore. Like seriously? It looks like it belongs in StarCraft or something. You guys need to focus on releasing skins of heroes that fit, e.g. same hero, different themed clothing. e.g. Flint Beastwood > Captain Flint. Take a hint from Riot Games and start building upon hero models that are already made. I'd like to see new skin that actually use the same hero, just different clothing rather than a Panda being replaced with a Kangaroo or what not.
Not sure how you could go about doing this in the future when some models look plain dull and impossible to base future skins off, but it's just my suggestion.
It would be nice to have
X4 silver coins
1 rondom free hero and his alt avatar
as present to all HON players
When is the date of this HoN-iversary anyway?
Has Fun love you're live.
Host AFK voting (requires 9 votes)
A midwars map
One lane, no neuts etc. Perhaps you could disable lanes and neuts through advanced options to do this^
I was thinking that when a person is killed their icons show up and the person who killed the other person would be first with their icon and the 2nd person would be the person who died of course. Inbetween these two icons you could have their method of death e.g. a sword for maliken's throw, a fireball for pyro's ulti or something. The kind of thing you see in fps.
Replay Chat Log with Time stamps
When reporting we're asked to report when the abuse begins, if we had a chat log system we could easily do that and continue with our games instead of wasting time checking through each minute of the replay.
Spoken Language/s in user Profiles
Themed 5v5 maps
The current heroes being released don't really fit in with the Newerth atmosphere as they are mechanical and such, so shouldn't there be things to compensate for this like futuristic maps and stuff.
Visible Day and Night Cycles
During the Day the sun shines, water gleams
During the Night shadows are prominent and moonlight shines
(Silly request) User Characters and a 3D virtual world lobby (Or even a social feature for hon, turning Chat channels into 3d environments where people can interact with other users through their characters)
I always thought of the current hon lobby as adequate but if we had characters with our icons on our t-shirts or somethingin a small 3d environment lobbys would be a lot more.. interactive I guess? It should be like a trophy room, each trophy showing each persons stats and the trophy that is activated (blue,pink etc.) is what color that player is for that game. And if you did consider this idea, perhaps you could put in minigames or something that we could play as we wait for lobbys to fill.
If chat lobbys were a social 3d environment then people could post out things like "LF 1550+ Normal" and people could enlist and be accepted and groups could be found that way. Coins could be tied in with the size of the lobby and features inside it (I haven't really thought of any).
Last edited by Henreezy; 04-09-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Bring seasons in Newerth! The 5v5/3v3 maps should have season (everyone see the map for example snowy cuz its during winter, summer with flowers and beach river, balls and stuff like on sea vacation during the summer, autumn during the autumn with map looking like a real autumn etc.) because Im sick of the weather effects that only I see and the green map that never changes.
Has Fun love you're live.
as a relative n00b to the game (i joined right before Christmas 2011) my two main concerns:
1.) Too slow silver coin gain. I get disgruntled seeing my current stash at only 450, and know that is NO WHERE NEAR enough for an alt.
2.) Better way to differentiate who kills who. Upgrade the current "Player Name (in MMR color) killed Enemy Name (in MMR Color) to the actual Hero's Avatar! In my experience, people dont talk to you using your user name, they say "hey blacksmith wards plz." or "good job blacksmith!" never "good job shujin"
Thanks for an awesome game, and the consideration!
1) Additional "Official" maps for match making. - I could care less about custom maps... I want to see additional maps in matchmaking games. Add watchtower to matchmaking (balance and visuals updated) SICK of playing the same freakin map over and over again!
2) Achievements (related to player levels and performance).
3) Item index in game (like the heroes)
4) S2 vs. Community event (with S2 teams in all brackets including the lower ones... I dunno stick the guy from accounting on a computer and he can play in the 1300-1400 bracket
5) Additional Silver coins
6) Sales on shop items and gold coin purchases
1.) Competetive Scene plz!
2.) More Players, i dont know how but.. get more players plz!
3.) Competetive Scene plz!
4.) More Advertising for HoN!
5.) Competeive Scene plz!
(UPDATE ON MY LIST VERSION 2!)
I've been posting suggestions but I'll put them in list form so that S2 can see this easily:
1. Re-release all Limited Edition, Gold Collection, Early Access, and Holiday Alt Avatars for a week or so. (Priced at around 400 Gold per Avatar, 4200 Silver?)
2. BIG BIG SALE ON ALL ITEMS! (75% Off on Gold and Silver)
3. LAN Option for players who dont want to experience lag (NO STATS, ALWAYS!)
4. Bots/AI Units (NO STATS!)
5. Special Color/Shield for pre-purchasers (Black Colored name would be nice. Prepurchaser for 2 years, gets two shileds? (Gold and Black) )
6. An exclusive reward for pre-purchasers (An exclusive Alt Avatar or Symbol/Icon)
7. A loyalty award to all Legacy players (Like 250-400 Gold each Legacy Account, 400 - 600 Gold each Pre-purchaser)
8. All heroes are free to play for like a month for F2P accounts.
9. 1-5 Gold Coins per MM game (Permanent setting please)
10. A 1 lane map for Mid Wars/Mosh Pit, Free-For-All, etc.
11. Add more servers in Matchmaking like Japan, Australia, Hawaii, and Canada
13. S2 vs. Community
14. S2 vs. any professional gaming clan
15. S2 vs. GM
16. Create a "Zombie Map". Defend one side of the map from zombies. Objective: destroy the "mother virus" on the other side of the map. Four Player map and can only use the following heroes: Artillery, Engineer, Master of Arms, and Flint Beastwood. Can buy items, every wave gives one level up (max of 25), and defend the World Tree! Towers are also a possibility as last line of defense. There will be a respawn pool, Every wave gets stronger and stronger. Devourer are the strongest zombies. The zombie creeps are Gravekeeper's ult, moderately stronger creeps are Gravekeepers. Gold gain is up to you S2! (inspired by the recent Hero Spotlight)
Thank you S2! I hope all of these will be granted to us players..
Those in BOLD are priorities. Thank you!
Last edited by KageHime; 04-09-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Zephyr alt avatar that is a big Cyclone that has owls floating around it when he kills a creep.