Make spectator mode more like Dota where you can change the camera (only really want free cam) and no fog of war but there's a 2 minute delay to prevent ghosting. Then keep mentoring the same as it is now.
So people can actually "spectate" properly, while giving mentor more of it's own personal feel.
- Australian Match Making. Even if this was the only thing released I would be happy.
- Cheaper alts. I understand that S2 needs to make money, but 3000 silver per avatar is ridiculous. A range from 500-1800 depending on the amount of model/texture changes and quality would be fair but not so much that buying gold is pointless. Alternatively, an increase in the amount of coins awarded in MM.
- Another way to do it would be to price things based on their age, so that newer alts start at 3000 silver coins and work their way down to 600 after a period of time.
- Custom maps. Been waiting for this for a while now.
- All mid map, even bringing the test map back would be nice.
- Multiple people on spectate/mentor.
A hero, altavatar or announcer voiced by Felicia Day would also be awesome.
Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.
Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!
Bring back Legacy accounts
Custom maps (It's been about 3 years now)
New texture ground in caldvar map.(Colours or somethink more)
3000 Silver for new alt avatar is a to mutch for normal person.(Just thinking about it)
- LAN GAME MODE -
- another map in matchmaking (10vs10 maybe)
- double silver coin gained or forever silver sale on hon store
The impossible (since it should of been done since launch and hasnt)
1) get hon tour going
2) get a proper clan system / matchmaking system within hon including clan ladders
3) new game modes/custom maps
4) new maps generally
5) the ability to thumb up more than one map on the selection screen
6) more small balance patches rather than huge ones every few months
Realistic Suggestions or possible ones
7) Maybe have a "gold coin week" where your silver earnt is actually gold instead ?!
8) Create a hero that ISN'T early access for once
9) Make some free skins
10) Something like 75% off silver prices
11) Create some new items
Just from the top of my head.
- A mid-only map is a MUST. (not necessarily for MM though).
- (Maybe) add a 6v6 or more mid-only option.
- Make it possible to play a 'home grown' map against friends (similar to the custom audio-sets in good old Day of Defeat / Counter Strike). So if you make the game the map is uploaded and all players who join that game download the map from the server (and after the game the players automatically get the chance to play the map again, if they decline the map is deleted from the server and the players disconnect).
- FINALLY add darkwood vale to MM, there is no reason not to, it is the only 4v4 map around AND it is completely balanced (i.e. little to no advantage for either side regarding Kongor, Runes, Neutrals).
- Bring back deathmatch option (works very well with Mid-only *evil grin*)
- Bring back the Hellbourne VS Legion option
- An option to play duplicate hero with max 1 per side.
- Make an option to play 3v3v3 or 4v4v4 in a custom map
- Make a new (public) "mid-onlyish" game mode based on the current principle (destroy all towers, destroy tree / shrine to win) but have NO neutrals.
something like this:
grey = range of towers
Blue = impassible sides
P = pool
T = Shrine
S = Tree (Yea I know I f*cked up :P)
- Add an mid-Only option, game is ended if one team make X amount of kills (with a slider - ranging from 50 to 250)
Y U NO DO EARLIER?
- Make a tutorial helping people to learn last hit, and let them get bonus (silver) coins by passing certain requirements, e.g.
- last hit 10 creeps in 5/4/3/2.5 minutes
- deny 10 creeps in 5/4/3/2.5 minutes
- farm an average GPM of 150/200/250/300 after 15 minutes.
- stack 3 different creeps camps in 4/3/2 minutes.
- Make it so that matchmaking really makes "good" matches. It happens too often that I play with 4 complete morons against a pubstomp opponent (so concede with 25-2 in 15 min) or that I get in a group with 4 good players and we just completely steamrole the opponent. I prefer a 50 minute close match where I can really say GG at the end, instead of winning / losing in less than 30 minutes and not feeling satisfied.
I would like to see implemented tournament system.
I have in my mind LotR TCG Online, there tournament system, anyone at anytime could buy a tournament ticket and play it with some other random guys. There were a prizes of online booster packs.
You could do it here. In some kind of tournament section you could apply for tourney solo or with fellows. Ofcourse entry ticket would be needed. You could get it using silver/gold coins. And ofcourse prizes would be gold/silver/avatars anything from coin shop.
This feature would add extra fun to play and could create pub competitive scene. And this system would be totally autonomic.
You could also make bigger use for silver coins. I agree with most ppl saying that I get this game for free so I shouldn't whine etc etc But i buy gold coins when I want something and I feel that silver coins are totally useless. I mean this: when I want avatar I buy coins, when I want taunt I buy coins, when I want anything from shop I buy coins.... so what's a point of silver coins ?
Now MMR... I see many many ppl saying all the time in games "I don't care about MMR" - usually thay say it when they fail and next lose a game. It could be interesting inviting some kind of ladder system and reward players for getting new MMR levels or staying on a top of lets say division. Ppl would care more about games.
Next thing is... custom maps. I really have no idea why you didn't put this feature in a game yet. First of all this will bring new players, more fun and even more ppl interested in creating mods etc to this game... And on a top of this YOU S2 can use this creativity to improve this game by far...
You can also add some achievement system like: "Win a three game in row using Ophelia" - get micro master or something. "Kill 1000 ppl with codex" - you get title GOD, damn it
Please stop making stupid heroes and that's it
PS. And ofcourse 'double everything events' or playing with S2 crew are great. You could even do events when you hire pro team and if someone beats them he gets some kind of prize.
A lot was mentioned before me , so only thing that i would like is detailed stats page on main hon website
btw. these by wonzling was quite nice
- This: gave me the following idea: after a MM-game, give each player five silver coins, that they can distribute among their teammates (maximum 3 per player). This reinforces positive ingame-attitude, and rewards playing support.
- MM-map-cycling: cycle the second MM-map on a weekly basis, so people get more diversity in the HoN-experience without splitting up the player base into too many queues. (more queues --> fewer players per queue --> longer queues). I'd love to see a massive 20-vs-20-player map, or just a map with one lane, surrounded by jungle.
Last edited by Muxas; 03-30-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Doesn't matter whats suggested.
It'll be disappointing no matter what.
Custom map support. Just that. That's all I want. It'll help on reducing raging (because people can custom after losing 10 times in a row), and it'll stimulate community growth and give the game more brevity.
HoNTour of course, but moreso Custom Maps.
a King of the Hill, Capture the Flag and a Team death Match game maps
I have some simple requests. Like my fellow players requested I would like to see a map or two more for matchmaking.
And maybe indeed a few cheaper alt avatars.
And maybe like a happy hour where you can earn a few gold coins when playing a game started in that hour. Something like five gold coins per game or something.
Hope this isn't too much to be asking of you *cough*
Thanks for the good game so far