Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: The Future of HoN in Latin America and Korea

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    well its easy to by pass that you need the latin america only at login :P search and you shall find the way.(also 2 clients)
    www.dkiearth9.deviantart.com

but me and my friends who live here in Mexico and just one hour from the US...speak english..hell not only that my gaming group and clanmates are Canadians, and North Americans...why am i not going to be able to play with them? i need an answer.....also Mexico is parth of North America does that mean i can still play with the US? lol im freaking out here!!!
    Last edited by AzureAlain; 03-28-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Why don't you just maintain the same interface but with MORE SERVER OPTIONS, and the player now will gain access to choose between several servers, such as WEST/EAST US, EU, ASIA and LatinAmerica.
    It'll become up to the player's choice to select a closer server or not, and because it's closer, it'll be prefered by closer people (closer countries).

If you just separate the Korean and LatinAmericans, many friends will no longer be able to play together. I am latin american and I particularly enjoy playing with a couple of friends that now live in distant countries, and with this new change, we won't be able to play together.
    Really, no jokes, I don't like this change.
    I don't really care about 50ms-100ms less ping or to find people that canīt communicate in my language. What I really do care is the variety of people you can find, and if the problem is communication, most of the people communicate in English, and most latins and asians, also talk in English to play with other people, thereīs no need to segregate...

I canīt do much if HoN changes, but I want to communicate to the community that me myself as a Latin American player does not like this change.

(sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    place a button at hon startup CHOOSE SERVER
    will fix 1K problems
    no rage
    is epic

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25
    Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by akocli View Post
    Why don't you just maintain the same interface but with MORE SERVER OPTIONS, and the player now will gain access to choose between several servers, such as WEST/EAST US, EU, ASIA and LatinAmerica.
    It'll become up to the player's choice to select a closer server or not, and because it's closer, it'll be prefered by closer people (closer countries).

If you just separate the Korean and LatinAmericans, many friends will no longer be able to play together. I am latin american and I particularly enjoy playing with a couple of friends that now live in distant countries, and with this new change, we won't be able to play together.
    Really, no jokes, I don't like this change.
    I don't really care about 50ms-100ms less ping or to find people that canīt communicate in my language. What I really do care is the variety of people you can find, and if the problem is communication, most of the people communicate in English, and most latins and asians, also talk in English to play with other people, thereīs no need to segregate...

I canīt do much if HoN changes, but I want to communicate to the community that me myself as a Latin American player does not like this change.

(sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker)
    The main reason for Regional expansion like this (and CIS and SEA before it) really comes down to the following sentence from the OP:

Ntreev in Korea and Axeso5.com in Latin America will distribute HoN and foster the growth of HoN's E-Sport and Marketing presence in both regions.

This might seem relatively minor but it can actually make a huge difference for the game. Look no further than SEA to see how big a difference this makes for a region. When it first started, SEA was lucky to break 10,000 users online at once. Now, with Garena as a partner, the game has exploded in the region and you regularly see SEA go over 50,000 users online at once.

HoN is growing and we want everyone to get in on the excitement!

I have friends in NA, I have friends in CANADA, I have friends in EU, I don't want to be blocked from playing with them. People who don't know english will go to LA HoN anyway while people who know english will probably choose between LA and NA, please don't block it.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Mmmm... I was thinking... (if the server change is a must)

Brazilians would technically stay in the LATIN AMERICAN group, right? but most of the speak portuguese which would mean that the LATIN AMERICAN servers will have about 30% (just guessing %s) of people not talking (in the best of the scenarios) spanish. That's really quite a lot, just by considering BR is the largest country in South America...

Why not create servers ONLY FOR Brazil??? It has a lot of logic, there's a big community in Brazil and they hardly merge the linguistical variable in Latin American countries...
    :+1luck: Good Games for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by xanderK View Post
    The main reason for Regional expansion like this (and CIS and SEA before it) really comes down to the following sentence from the OP:

Ntreev in Korea and Axeso5.com in Latin America will distribute HoN and foster the growth of HoN's E-Sport and Marketing presence in both regions.

This might seem relatively minor but it can actually make a huge difference for the game. Look no further than SEA to see how big a difference this makes for a region. When it first started, SEA was lucky to break 10,000 users online at once. Now, with Garena as a partner, the game has exploded in the region and you regularly see SEA go over 50,000 users online at once.

HoN is growing and we want everyone to get in on the excitement!
    So, your idea of expanding is to land-lock people and assume that the game is expanding?

Account Icon
    Can i have my money back? i have 2049 gold coins.

WORST F**** DECISION EVER, now i can't play with my friends overseas.

Spent like $200 usd on this... (2 accounts + 1 subaccount, 3x$40 usd gold coins packs)

Very sad thing, dissapointed as hell...

It makes me sad to hear this. I'm an American who lives in Korea and will now be locked out of EU/US servers. Guess i'll have to switch to a new game.

I don't see what all the fuss is about. You can CHOOSE to move your account to the korean and latin american servers. If you still wish to play on NA/EU, don't move it.

gamers in each region can expect to see transfer programs that will allow them to transfer their account credentials over to their localized service without penalty.
    Last edited by ForPride; 03-29-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkiearth0 View Post
    well its easy to by pass that you need the latin america only at login :P search and you shall find the way.(also 2 clients)
    They will BLOCK IPS Region so you will need a Proxy to play in USA or other Regions you want but in most case Proxys give some lag.

As an American living in Korea I'm wondering whether or not I'll still be able to play with NA/EU players. Let us know please.

all u have to do is not update to new stuff.. problem solved... god so dumb.

edit: well i just read some stuff about this.. so ur gonna block ips? thats not even fair... people has to decide where they want to play... stupidest decision ever... this is gonna make ur player base drop like heavy rain kids... S2īd over and over.

edit 2: and btw S2 staff if u dont know this yet u should search... at south america only brazil does not speak spanish.. so if u did not know this, PORTUGUESE ISNT FREAKING SPANISH. You're just making the same crap gathering diff languages together... Man this is such a joke.
    Last edited by madnetiC; 03-29-2012 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForPride View Post
    I don't see what all the fuss is about. You can CHOOSE to move your account to the korean and latin american servers. If you still wish to play on NA/EU, don't move it.
    You wrong you can't choice S2 wil do Block IP's so we will need to play in LA only.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by ForPride View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by S2Lulu View Post
    If you have not heard the news already, we have recently established partnerships that will bring Heroes of Newerth to Latin America and Korea in a greater capacity than ever before. With the help of Ntreev in Korea and Axeso5.com in Latin America, we are very excited to be releasing HoN in both of these regions within the next few months. We know that there are quite of few of you who are going to be affected by this change, so we just want to take a few minutes of your time to explain why this is a good thing and what types of benefits gamers in these regions will soon be able to take advantage of.

What can you expect?

• Local Servers: More servers means better connections and experiences for everyone. With localized versions of the game into Spanish, Portuguese, and Korean, we can offer a significantly better gaming experience.
    • Local Support: We are going to be establishing better lines of communication to players in Latin America and Korea by offering native tech support and help desk teams who can keep them playing HoN when it matters most.
    • Marketing & E-Sport: The Korean and Latin American competitive gaming scenes are about to find out what Heroes of Newerth is all about. We will be better able to reach out to gamers on a global scale and foster growth in the HoN community. Gamers in both regions can expect localized tournaments and prize pools that will dominate some of the most emergent E-Sport markets in gaming.
    • Local Language Support: Let's face it, HoN as a team based game is almost entirely decided by how well a team can communicate and effectively compete. By offering native support for Korean, Spanish, and Portuguese, the HoN experience is going to reach new heights for a lot of people.
    • Local Currency Support: Latin Americans in Mexico, Brazil, Peru, and over 20 other countries will be able to use their local currency to improve their HoN experience and in Korea it will be no different.

What to Remember

There are always going to be a lot of questions about the future of HoN in these regions whenever we announce a major partnership like this and we want to clear those things up with you to get rid of as much confusion as possible. Below are a few clarifications to keep in mind:
    • HoN is still going to be developed by S2 Games. Ntreev in Korea and Axeso5.com in Latin America will distribute HoN and foster the growth of HoN's E-Sport and Marketing presence in both regions.
    • Once the game is fully released and no longer in beta, players in Latin America and Korea will no longer be able to play HoN on North American/European Union Servers. The transfer program will allow them to continue playing HoN by transferring all of their prior purchases and account credentials to local servers in their region.
    • Gamers in both regions will still be able to play the game using an English language option if they choose to do so.
    • Both regions will start providing HoN support by releasing Closed Beta Tests. Once the closed beta ends and the game enters Open Beta, gamers in each region can expect to see transfer programs that will allow them to transfer their account credentials over to their localized service without penalty. We will update more on this as each client gets closer to Open Beta status with full transfer programs in place. Korea is on schedule to enter Closed Beta within a few weeks, with Latin America following shortly thereafter. We will do our best to stay on that schedule, but these are both tentative release dates.
    • There is still much more to come in explaining how the Korean and Latin American transfer programs are going to work, but please be patient, because we are still working on developing both systems.

If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you ask those questions on this thread and this thread alone. We will do our best to answer your questions and update this thread throughout the week.

Link to the Press Release: http://s2games.com/HoN_Launches.php

No, we won't be able to choose. IP-Region Lock.

Happy with the changes. I'm not so worried about playing on non AU servers for matchmaking as I am about the constant trolling from latin americans that I get in the 1500 bracket. I was honestly thinking about moving over to DotA 2 until this change. Nice move, S2.

Where are Located the Axeso5.com servers let me guess Brasil?