If you have not heard the news already, we have recently established partnerships that will bring Heroes of Newerth to Latin America and Korea in a greater capacity than ever before. With the help of Ntreev in Korea and Axeso5.com in Latin America, we are very excited to be releasing HoN in both of these regions within the next few months. We know that there are quite of few of you who are going to be affected by this change, so we just want to take a few minutes of your time to explain why this is a good thing and what types of benefits gamers in these regions will soon be able to take advantage of.
What can you expect?
- Local Servers: More servers means better connections and experiences for everyone. With localized versions of the game into Spanish, Portuguese, and Korean, we can offer a significantly better gaming experience.
- Local Support: We are going to be establishing better lines of communication to players in Latin America and Korea by offering native tech support and help desk teams who can keep them playing HoN when it matters most.
- Marketing & E-Sport: The Korean and Latin American competitive gaming scenes are about to find out what Heroes of Newerth is all about. We will be better able to reach out to gamers on a global scale and foster growth in the HoN community. Gamers in both regions can expect localized tournaments and prize pools that will dominate some of the most emergent E-Sport markets in gaming.
- Local Language Support: Let's face it, HoN as a team based game is almost entirely decided by how well a team can communicate and effectively compete. By offering native support for Korean, Spanish, and Portuguese, the HoN experience is going to reach new heights for a lot of people.
- Local Currency Support: Latin Americans in Mexico, Brazil, Peru, and over 20 other countries will be able to use their local currency to improve their HoN experience and in Korea it will be no different.
What to Remember
There are always going to be a lot of questions about the future of HoN in these regions whenever we announce a major partnership like this and we want to clear those things up with you to get rid of as much confusion as possible. Below are a few clarifications to keep in mind:
- HoN is still going to be developed by S2 Games. Ntreev in Korea and Axeso5.com in Latin America will distribute HoN and foster the growth of HoN's E-Sport and Marketing presence in both regions.
- Once the game is fully released and no longer in beta, players in Latin America and Korea will no longer be able to play HoN on North American/European Union Servers. The transfer program will allow them to continue playing HoN by transferring all of their prior purchases and account credentials to local servers in their region.
- Gamers in both regions will still be able to play the game using an English language option if they choose to do so.
- Both regions will start providing HoN support by releasing Closed Beta Tests. Once the closed beta ends and the game enters Open Beta, gamers in each region can expect to see transfer programs that will allow them to transfer their account credentials over to their localized service without penalty. We will update more on this as each client gets closer to Open Beta status with full transfer programs in place. Korea is on schedule to enter Closed Beta within a few weeks, with Latin America following shortly thereafter. We will do our best to stay on that schedule, but these are both tentative release dates.
- There is still much more to come in explaining how the Korean and Latin American transfer programs are going to work, but please be patient, because we are still working on developing both systems.
If you have any questions or concerns, we encourage you ask those questions on this thread and this thread alone. We will do our best to answer your questions and update this thread throughout the week.
Link to the Press Release: http://s2games.com/HoN_Launches.php
Last edited by xanderK; 03-28-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Edit: So I wont be able to play with my US friends?
Last edited by WickedPuppet; 03-29-2012 at 11:29 AM.
people wont be able to play EU or US servers? thats sad and also stupid.
Not sure if Hon has enough players for Region Lock... also.. God please no
A celebration is in order!!! Welcome to your new HoN homes, Brazilians!!!
Kongor: The King of Kings
Ok. Im peruvian and now with this change i wont never EVER AGAIN BUY COINS FROM YOU.
This is horrible and unbelievable. I say this not because I am in Latin America but because I have friends in Latin America whom I will never be able to play another game of Hon with.
Why would you erase my post? Because im against of this change? PFFFFFFF!
Ill say it again: Axeso5 games are filled with 9 year old kids that play gunbound and other stuff like this. Thanks S2 FOR MAKING ME WASTE MY MONEY.
so, we will get the same friday updates and all the early access stuff?
the only difference is the region lock?
stupid imo anyways, u ppl should able south american servers in the select region part of matchmaking
Also, to all posters here, remember to be mindful of the Forum Rules. It's fine to be in opposition of this but it is not OK to break the Forum Rules in doing so.
It is nice to have all these separated zones(lol BRs) but I'm really not sure the HoN population can thrive with it being minced up. I figure an option of queing with Latin America is not an option?
Good bye S2, Once this change takes place you have lost a customer, I lived most of my life in the U.S. just recently moved to Brazil, not I won't be able to play with my US friends, once you do this, I guarantee you will RUIN HoN for Latin Americans. No Latin americans are happy from this, just people with bad experiences with Latin Americans.
Hmph, I'm up against all of you guys? Hahah, well then, sounds like I have nothing to worry about. This war's already been won.
So... Mexico still will be able to play in North American servers??????????????????????? I REALLY NEED TO KNOW THAT.