Do not want.
Seriously, HoN could do with some Chat emotes. It's fairly simple, just add the regular chat commands:
It should work like:
/me likes this suggestion.
* CrazyAce likes this suggestion.
2) Obviously you don't. It's not because you say so that it's easy to do, take it that way:
If the chat mechanism only sends a player ID and a message. Then they would need to change their protocol only for that which is sometimes hard to do.
If the chat mechanism send the whole sentence (which I'm not sure that is does since I've never really saw any protocols that way) it will be easy as cake.
PRIVMSG #test :Hello! (followed by either a LF or CR character, of course)
If I want to emote "* CrazyAce says hello!" then I would send it as:
PRIVMSG #test :\x01ACTION says hello!\x01 (again, followed by one of those two newline characters)
Yep, that's how emotes work in IRC. Well, I'm sure this would be incredibly hard to implement this exact method on HoN, especially considering how an ordinary player already can't actually directly input the \x01 character in HoN chat anyway - you would just get a \x3f question mark instead.
Last edited by CrazyAce; 11-16-2009 at 05:42 AM.
YES! Lets do this! Delay ficing pathing, broken abilities, lag, new heroes. We need this now!
2)I sure the guys at S2 Games have better things to do then make and code emotes.
3) Srsly no one uses them in forums no one will use them in game expect for going like this.
4)That only helps if I play another game with the same person.
Johnny, holy shιt stop quoting messages like that. The only thing your quote accomplishes is making your post a hell of a lot more annoying.
1) Completely irrelevant.
2) You did not answer the question.
3) Did you read? I said emotes, not emoticons. I even gave examples of emotes.
4) You make it sound like the ignore won't work until the next game. I'm pretty sure ignores work as soon as you add them to your ignore list. If someone spams you and you don't want to put up with it, just /ignore them right away.
Last edited by CrazyAce; 11-17-2009 at 08:06 PM.
You realize this was added to the game months ago, right?
/emote and /em?
I only recently noticed, and I approve.
But, while I'm on the subject, [EMOTE] is slightly troublesome in that it doesn't tell whether it was all chat or team chat.
Emotes aren't team specific, if someone emotes or rolls it's always global.