Hi guys. I guess it's finally time for me to throw in a couple of suggestions to S2. -
Tournament / 22-player games
Right now, we can change the entire way of playing tournament games / scrims- into something better. These improvements would enhance the experience by a lot, while not being hard to implement no getting out of hand in any way.
Host ability - silence
By applying a mode, the host can completly remove all chat coming from observers, only allowing the interruptions of Referee.
I believe way too many people are being given the chance to watch the pros play, and then abuse that by spamming the chat.
Observer feature - fog of war
A feature that is very needed for observers- and casters is "Fog of war".
Show fog of war for: All / Hellbourne / Legion
This way, casters can get a really good insight when it comes to talking about positioning, warding and proper teamfights.
It provides a very useful aspect to both casters and observers, giving them a chance to really look into the supporters eyes of warding.
Right now, we only get half the story, since we see "all" vision.
There's no way of telling what a clan is all about, without asking the question. How about making an ingame clanprofile, showing the content of the website. This will also make you able to announce whether you are recruiting- and what kind of players you are recruiting.
Ingame clanprofile should feature:
- awards/achievements won by the clan
- A Free Text-box giving you an introduction of the clan
- A clanpicture (like account icon)
- Recruitment status + requirements
- Claninformation (Players, average MMR)
Very similar to above, have a way of introducing yourself as a player- as a person, without having people consult you.
Ingame profile should feature:
- Personal "Free text" box: You could either introduce yourself here, write a quote or something else.
- Awards: Has this player received any awards on the forums- or in a tournament?
This suggestion has already been suggested and discussed- there's pretty much only applauses when talked about it. This suggestions is not mine, but i would still like to give my two cents on it.
I believe, the future of HoN will have an achievement system. I hope so. It doesn't have to be in "wowstyle", where you have to grind achievements in order to get them all. But i would like to see an achievement-page for both players and clans.
Example of achievements:
- This team has managed to lose 10 times in a row without winning
- This team has won 10 times in a row without losing
- This team has won a major tournament
- This team has overcome a gold-disadvantage of 10.000 / 20.000 / 30.000 and won the game
> Players could have similar achievements :-)
Remove "auto-connect" function on popular channels
By doing this, we avoid the overflow in popular channels such as "ScrimHigh", "Clan Scrim", "Clan S2Games" - and similar.
These channels are being flooded with people who have putten the channel on auto-connect, but don't even have a purpose to be in there.
A new set of channels
It is in everybody's interest that a new set of channels will be created. These channels should be shown when logged in, or in a drag-down menu.
- #HonTV - Here you will find live discussions about what's going on @ HONTV. - It should also be a good way to announce upcoming livecasts of big tournaments.
- #Competitive Discussion - A live discussion of whatever is going on in the competitive world. Topic should also show when the next tournament is up.
- #Clan Recruitment - As name states, a place where everyone can search for either members or players. (Ringers aswell) - This should keep the clancreation active and make it easier for people to find a proper team.
- #Fungames - Everything that is fungames. Announce your upcoming "DEVOWARS" - "MIDWARS" - or similar! -> This way would make it a lot easier for people to catch their favourite games.
- #Scrim - Find your scrim here: "LF Scrim, low/medium, EU" or similar.
(No auto-connect) should be allowed on any of the abovementioned
Creating new effects on item-pickups would not only enhance the game, but also make your hero look dope. Very similar to WC3's old style of adding orbeffects on heroweapons, i would like to see something similar.
:FrostwolfsSkull: is the only modifier which is visible on projectile.
:Shieldbreaker: Should have one (Stygian Desolater <3)
:NullfireBlade: Should have one - Perhaps just a bit of glow to the arrow, or similar.
:StaffOfTheMaster: Does show effect on few heroes, however not on Alt-avatars.
This item is very good and useful, however- is only being picked up in rare scenarios, versus Jereziah- for instance. However, it has a lot of potential, and could be made into such a powerful- yet balance- item.
What i would like to do, is:
Rank 1: Keep the same effect. 8 Charges, 26 Mana combustion.
Rank 2: 26 Mana combustion, unlimited charges:
New effect: Toggleable modifier - Similar to :HarkonsBlade:, you now get the ability to "toggle" an orbeffect.
What would this mean? - This means, that the item can now be balanced in regards to illusions.
:GeometersBane::NullfireBlade: Used to be such a powerful combination- yet balanced. It worked very well against STR Heroes.
Why do we need this change?
Can proc combustion on Illusions- i do not believe it is fair to not make an ability similar to that possible. It is not overpowered by any means, it is simply a way of balancing things.
Last edited by FJ; 03-27-2012 at 10:47 AM.
I would love more attention to this. Feedback please! <3
Only one suggestion per thread.
depends... if suggestions belong together in some way u could post them toghether imo....Only one suggestion per thread.
stom: yes, pls make an effect on every hero/alt, as it looks awsome
attackmodifiers on attack: i don't like them to be shown (i would also remove the fws effect)
nullfire and geo: i don't understand why it should get toggle. it was an orb in dota, they removed orb in hon, but to balance it wont work on illus... if u make it an orb, it won't be bought more often as fws or sb in most cases are superior.
clan: i read another thread, where someone suggested to improve clan page...
goo idea, achievements and clan coins fit in very well
others are features that seem to be good...
i have also made a "suggestion box", wiht a collection of modes and features,
would be kind if u have a look. (link in signature)
ps: guess u should make a poll,
and for very different suggestion an own thread
HoN is a great game,
deal with it.
"If you are sad, stop beeing sad and be awseome instead!"
I thought the rule was 1 suggestion per thread
Sig Made by Lhune (#1)
CAI Made by Viole (<3)
Been 3 months now- i thought these ideas were great.
Had long discussions with other competitors about em´ ;D
Fancy suggestions, I agree with all of them (can't say a lot about the Nullfire one as my Balance knowledge is quite bad).
The clan suggestion page by Kwazorn is definitley worth reading: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...with-pictures)