Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: FJ Presents: The black code

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    ppl shouldn't think something like
    "how is this supposed to help me? lol this sucks"
    or
    "i am 1800+ these tips wont help me"
    tbh if someone thinks this is a bad guide im sorry for him
    because you won't find anything better

its just a guide. its better to play with tips from here than just go into a game and suck. also it worth for every single 1800+ gamer if he finds even >one single< helpful tip imo
    just because the guide says something doesn't mean you have to react/play like this
    still some of the points might come to your mind when you are clueless in certain situaitons (maybe you have a pretty good 4-man lineup and orange asks what he should play -> guide says tank would be nice because it sometimes happens that oj is misspositioning -> make oj play a tank instead of some feeding glacius)

totally supporting this and fj from now on (the moment i first discovered this)

very nice job and some nice useful tips!
    Last edited by oberbreit; 03-25-2012 at 07:46 AM.

My Fayde Alt. Avatar suggestion "Hassassin Fayde":http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?p=14811835

Quote Originally Posted by FJ View Post
    [3.3] – The support

In the very beginning of the game, you help others by getting them farmed, and making sure they do not get kills.
    Consider it done.

Haven't read all of it yet, but this sure holds a lot of value for many different players. Well done
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryChini View Post
    http://nyanit.com/forums.heroesofnewerth.com

have fun guys ^^
    Best. Post. Ever. O.O

Holy ****... awesome =)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Thanks FJ for this terrific contribution to the community, your knowledge and presentation of information will help thousands improve their game!

I only flew over it but I don't think you mentioned two things which i consider important. I always tell my friends to do 2 things : look at the enemy's items and use spells between aas when you can do it.
    Dunno if you want to add that but it does look like the rest is pretty great.

Account Icon
    This is pure brilliance.

Wow, insta followed you after skimming over that. major props

Run through it, great guide. Altough SH is missing on carry items -.-

Great stuff here!
    Check out my livestream here:

http://www.twitch.tv/bart13t

Thanks

Account Icon
    sticky please
    Please visit my thread if your tired of not having any pants http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=401955

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Needs to be stickied.

iHazard
    lol you may be in my sig for doing such a retard post !

Awesome Post ist Awesome!
    Thanks a lot for that.

[4.1] – The metagame

[4.1.1] - Different types of lineups
    There are countless lineups.. Well that’s actually untrue, but the answer would be a number so high that it would be impossible to try out. For those interested, MacroHard has explained that 1370754 unique 5-man all melee teams can be made.
    Explained: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=345025
    4.36x10^15 unique 5v5 matchups if we count ranged included. Hope that helps, seems like an odd stat otherwise.
    #reinstateapostate

Extremely instructive. Not only gives good insight on some stuff, but also reminds everyone that the need for team-play goes above everything, and that attitude contributes much to wins in solo queue.

Thank you for the guide, subbed your stream and eager to see you casting.

Can you go a little bit more in-depth about match ups that should be auto wins / dominant mid?

For example, I went mid with torturer v puppet. I maxxed impalement and stun, with 1 point in the bonds for last hitting. Should I instead do 4-1-4? Why is polly such an excellent 1 v 1 hero? I find that if i am against a hero such as arachna or pyro, they can go out harass me and sometimes even go in between me and creeps and tower at the earlier levels

Thanks a lot btw, very good read

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Very nice job. The best guide ive ever read and even experienced players like myself can find out something new cool st00f.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutTier View Post
    Can you go a little bit more in-depth about match ups that should be auto wins / dominant mid?

For example, I went mid with torturer v puppet. I maxxed impalement and stun, with 1 point in the bonds for last hitting. Should I instead do 4-1-4? Why is polly such an excellent 1 v 1 hero? I find that if i am against a hero such as arachna or pyro, they can go out harass me and sometimes even go in between me and creeps and tower at the earlier levels

Thanks a lot btw, very good read
    Max bonds against puppet, no reason to pick impales and getting cced when u activate it. Also against arachna and pyro impalement is useless cause ara just kites you and pyro stuns. Impalements works against devo, nomad, dw, monkey and some other melee heroes without good escape early.
    Last edited by Ackwell1; 03-26-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Though I myself didn't find a lot of new information - been playing since dota 5.84 - it was definitly a very well processed and well presented informative read.
    I really hope people take the time to read this as it could help a lot of newer players and players stuck in their bracket, not only to have a better experience themselves but also make the game more enjoyable for the others they play with.

Thanks for devouting so much of your time to this community, it is very much appreciated

Also:

Check out my Item suggestions:
    Rejuvenating Orb | http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=393580
    Wrathstone | http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=393624

I dont play much anymore, and rarely read the forums, but I stumbled upon this and I had to leave a message! Well done

I think your guide should address the more realistic scenarios of solo queue, or maybe I just missed the point and you advocate calling mid every game.

Realistically you will normally have 1-4 other people wanting to play mid, 1-4 other people picking a carry hero, 0 initiators, 0 support. Doesn't matter if you're Blue or Brown this will be the case. What role do you suggest playing here? picking another mid hero and fighting for it? picking another carry? or should you go support and hope for the best?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast