Thread: Question with Fog of War

Question with Fog of War

So I've been trying to get down the basics of the fog of war but I still don't really get it.

Is it like a "I can't see you, you can't see me" kinda deal? Or are there times where they can see you, but you can't necessarily see them and vice versa?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

this most likely has to do with wards and low ground/high ground or invis heroes. They adjusted the night vision sight ranges recently (some heroes had better ones) no idea if there are still differences though.

If no items, no skills, no abilities are involved, then you can't see them = they can't see you.

There are, however, items and skills that provide "one-way" vision. Such as wards, engi mines, pharao Q, emerald bird, bloodhunter E (when you are low health), rampage charge.
    But in most cases it's just a ward or invisible hero following you, and the next moment you spill your cola because a freaking gankfest just landed on you "RAWRBOOMWHEEEOHHH!"

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    + If you are up on a cliff and the enemy is below he most likely wont see you while u can see him (ofc it works the other way around too)
    If you see me talking about bots, be aware im not a S2 representative.

-------

Take a look at my lua tutorial series i made especially for bots

-------

Take a look at my mods
    or/and follow me on Twitter for Mod-Updates and News
    Now enjoy the improved HoN!

---

I'm lazy.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    When you attack someone then you are revealed to them. Trees will block vision, its kinda like your a sun who has a circle of vision around you and the tree has a shadow where you can see people. Thats why if someone is in a bunch of trees you have to cut them down to see them. Of course there are gaps that you can see through.

The same works for higher ground, if they are above you then you can't see them until they attack or you walk up, however they can see you.

you also get more vision in daytime than night time