Thread: RAP Rewarding System

View Poll Results: Should succesfull reports be rewarded?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
    The results in this poll are hidden.
  • Yes

The results are hidden 0%
  • No

The results are hidden 0%
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Brazil. Yes, I'm a BR game ruiner..... whatever.

RAP Rewarding System

This is a way to improve RAP system, so that people get motivated to use it more. RAP is there to punish those game-ruining acount. While it does that, it doesn't compensate the players that were screwe. So, I propose a way to reward sucessfull reports, to make up for the bad game.

Currently, you deposit 25 silver coins per report. If the reported player is considered innocent, you lose the deposit. This won't change. However, if it is considered guilty, then you get your deposit back.

The new part is, that along with your report, you ALSO recive 4* extra silver coins. Furthermore, there will be a consecutive system. Each sucessfull report add 1 more coin to your reward. If you fail a report, your consecutive chain is reset to zero.

To avoid any exploits, 2 measures are to be taken:
    1- Only MM system allows these extra rewards. This is to avoid creating a fake acount, and using it in Pubs official so you can get coins boost.
    2- Though you CAN report a player in your MM queue group, these won't count for the extra reward. Again, to avoid people creating fake accounts (now that HoN is free) and joining MM together to report the fake and get free coins.

An example to simplify things: I report a guilty player = 25+4 coins. Then I found another reportable player = 25+4+1. Then a third sucessfull report = 25+4+2. Now, I submit a report found innocent = I lose my deposit. After it, i get another sucessfull report = 25+4.

EXTRA MENTIONS:
    1- Reporting someone in your MM group CAN'T reward extra coins, but CAN break your chained bonus.
    2- If the report goes unread after the 7 days period, at which you get your deposit back, it will go just like normal: you recive your 25 coins back.
    2.1- After it is read, Guilty will provide any extra reward it would normally. Innocent would break the chain.
    3- That * I put after the 4 coins was to say "I didn't get this number at random". Most of the time, reportable players cause a lose to it's team. As such, 6(win) - 4(lose) = 2. Now, if you that's your 2nd or 3rd consecutive match, you could get a +2/+3 coins if you had won, but you get only one instead. So, 2-1=1 or 3-1=2 plus the other 2 coins we had before, =3 or =4. And even more, a possible 'first of the day' is discounted: 4-0=4, plus the 2 coins =6. So 4 coins is very acceptable as a starting extra ammount, but that can be changed.

Forgive me in advance for any spelling problems. Also, anything you want to add to the sugestion, fell free to post, maybe it get's more of a chance to be in the next patch.

Love the idea. Encourages people to report and turn their minds to the report.

I would remove the first exploit prevention measure as I think reporting is extremely important in pub games to discourage bad behaviour in the community in general.

Instead I would say that you can report a person more than once (including all their sub-accounts) from ANY of your accounts but you will not get bonus coins for it. I think if someone is ruining your game more than once then revenge is a stronger motivator than a few measly silver coins!

This will minimise a lot of abuse but allow it to apply to public games.

Also maybe put in a limit on the number of rewards you can receive a day.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Vascariz View Post
    I would remove the first exploit prevention measure as I think reporting is extremely important in pub games to discourage bad behaviour in the community in general.
    Hmm... not quite. While you can still report as normal, you can't recive the extra coins. Otherwise, it would be very simple to get a second fake acount, put it inside the room, and ruin the game on purpose so you can report it and get coins.

Yes, I think we should get extra reward from pubs too. BUT, we don't recive coins by playing pubs, so that number 4 I explained on the bottom becomes a 0. And we live in a world where we have to take these measures, or people exploit then.

Instead I would say that you can report a person more than once (including all their sub-accounts) from ANY of your accounts but you will not get bonus coins for it. I think if someone is ruining your game more than once then revenge is a stronger motivator than a few measly silver coins!

This will minimise a lot of abuse but allow it to apply to public games.
    This solution for the pubs problem would be something OUT of the idea of this topic. The main goal (here) is to get rewards when reporting, and possible measures needed for that, so talking about systems that don't offer any reward is not the point. Though I would agree with you on more reports.

Also maybe put in a limit on the number of rewards you can receive a day.
    I don't really think that's a problem. Think with me for a momment: how many times you find more then 3 different reportable players in a single day? And even so, if they really are bannale, then why not reward the one that found then?

Also, if someone reports said player before you, you won't be able to report it, thus limiting the chances even more.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    bump

Make those 4 extra silver 4 extra gold instead, and you'll have a system that people will actually use. In addition if you add in functionality that if you report and they are found guilty, they cant be in your future games, you now have a winning concept.
    Suggestions:
    Reverse Pick Game Mode:
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=402091

Slippers of retreat: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=402103

Language flags : http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=402084

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    S2 is NEVER going to agree with giving gold coins away, else we wouldn't get this stupidly high avatar prices we have now.

And this feature to not play with people you reported is another suggestion, that goes out of the reward idea. Guess we could make a topic to it.

I don't think micro gold coins would impact their revenue, especially if you cap the gold coins at 4 per report. To get an avatar you'd need to report 50 successfully. And if someone does that, they deserve a cheap avatar as they have done a lot to make the community a better place. A better community will lead to larger community = more profits.
    Suggestions:
    Reverse Pick Game Mode:
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=402091

Slippers of retreat: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=402103

Language flags : http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=402084

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    bump

I just finished getting screwed again by a funny griefing Nymphora who thinks it's funny to use his ult to teleport half of us behind the opposites team tower twice. Not an accident trust me. To be honest, I don't want silver coins or gold coins. All I want is that previous game deleted from my record and I want the guilty party to take the total mmr loss for the whole team. If you're ruining the game, you should take all the loss. It'll drop their rank fast and then I can have my game and enjoy it. This is obviously on top of the current ban. I just want my mmr back. :S

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    S2 won't do it. There's already the benefit of using RAB because you get to get some guy you don't like a warning/suspension. Obviously I have no problem with getting extra coins, but it's not realistic.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    B
    U
    M
    P

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    bump