Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Special Edition Avatars Clarification

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Actually I do remember s2 members saying they wouldn't become available. Don't worry about it though, we know how s2 works. Dignity and money are not great bedfellows.

w/e people have to buy it for 10$+ while others got skins for like 500 silver coins.

btw S2, idea for more $$ "Gold Collection Avatar Package" 30$, be sure to put "Only available for a limited time!" somewhere so more people buy it.

Hell yeah, when famous white knights dare to publicly express negative opinions toward a S2 decision, when famous trolls improve their standards enough to make serious posts and all that in the SAME THREAD you know that apocalypse is upon us!

Beware!
    Quote Originally Posted by [COLOR=Orange]ffy[/COLOR]
    no. what we need is :
    SEXY FEMALE DRAGON
    PEOPLE WITH BEARDS !
    Gieb a new hero with Kraken's old ultimate mechanism!

Actually what is about EA heroes? Did not we, as Legacy players earned opportunity to play them for free and at the beginning?!! I as Legacy player and all others, who supported you S2 from the beginning with our money, now should w8 to play new heroes or buy gold to play them. Are you kidding me?! Where are the priveleges that you told us?! In choosing if i want to play with Legacy players or Non-Legacy players?! Lol, there are tards everywhere so what?! Or that we can play old hereoes( for us) that others cant play?! Rly you are NOT holding to your promises and HoN starts to be very unpleasant to play!! Beginning was good, but so far you did too much failures in game inside and with managing your sincere ( not ANYMORE ) clients.
    Hope you will take a notice of this for the future players.

Quote Originally Posted by Traff_Law View Post
    Actually what is about EA heroes? Did not we, as Legacy players earned opportunity to play them for free and at the beginning?!! I as Legacy player and all others, who supported you S2 from the beginning with our money, now should w8 to play new heroes or buy gold to play them. Are you kidding me?! Where are the priveleges that you told us?! In choosing if i want to play with Legacy players or Non-Legacy players?! Lol, there are tards everywhere so what?! Or that we can play old hereoes( for us) that others cant play?! Rly you are NOT holding to your promises and HoN starts to be very unpleasant to play!! Beginning was good, but so far you did too much failures in game inside and with managing your sincere ( not ANYMORE ) clients.
    Hope you will take a notice of this for the future players.
    When HoN was P2P we had 1 hero in 2 week's. When hon went F2P we have 1 hero in 2 week's. I hope you will understand this sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTroll View Post
    Your "Merrick" said multiple times in-game, just when "special edition" avatars time left to buy was about to end, stuff along the lines of "Make sure you get it now before it's gone forever!"

That makes it VERY CLEAR that it wouldn't ever be possible to purchase it again. So don't pull off the snide "S2 never made a public statement declaring this".

^yes i approve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gankypanky View Post
    Why make new skins when you can sell your trademark gold avatars for $$$ with just a minor rework?

I've supported S2 with around 200 euros so far and I don't mind if other people have all the avatars that I have.What I do find disgusting is that I've payed gold coins for limited avatars because I couldn't get the silver in time.

I won't say anything dramatic like "I quit the game forevar!111!" but I will assume from now on that any limited avatar is not limited at all and not spend any gold coins ever again.

Fair's fair.
    I am a person on the same boat with this guy, I bought gold for items I felt would never come back and my gripe is with the fact that we were misled to believing certain ones (at least the gold collection) would never arise for resale........

Account Icon
    I bought the golds under the influence they will never be available again.
    Because of this, i will not buy another one with gold coins ever again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf
    "I don't think a company can have its feelings hurt unless it's Apple."
    Tech support are the almighty gods of fixing your problems.
    But they have given you the power to do that, in order for them to help...
    You must email them.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    I bought the golds under the influence they will never be available again.
    Because of this, i will not buy another one with gold coins ever again.
    I drove under the influence of alcohol, but I was under the impression that it was okay with society.

none of this surprises me.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeTheQuke View Post
    It's a bloody alt avatar that you purchase for money, not some kind of super avatar that is given by doing something good in-game like reaching a certain MMR. There is no pride in owning a gold-purchased alt avatar, just the fact that you look cooler. The whining on this page is just 100% childish.

The only thing I wondered was why they kept alt avatars you can't buy in the shop, but now I see that they may actually come back some day so that makes sense.
    Bingo. Can`t say it better

People love to complain dont they? i have played since beta and welcome change in all aspects. what the hell is the point in complaining about aethstetics? i mean, really?!? this is a pointless topic. S2 doesnt employ people out of the kindness of their hearts, they are a company, and as a company one of their main goals is profit. if you enjoy and respect the game, rage over balance, not skins.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    (love) for S2!!
    TAUNT LIKE A LEGO!

Quote Originally Posted by MECBEZ View Post
    I drove under the influence of alcohol, but I was under the impression that it was okay with society.
    Your analogy would be correct if you were specifically told beforehand by a law official that it was fine to drive under the influence. Then when you're arrested the law official claims that you interpreted his clear statement incorrectly and that it is actually illegal so you have no right to criticize.

Nice try though.
    Has a rubber duck named "Mr. Quackers."

Rudra || Plaguebringer || Bastion || Castor/Pollux || Arcane Assassin || Smoke

Blog yo

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeTheQuke View Post
    It's a bloody alt avatar that you purchase for money, not some kind of super avatar that is given by doing something good in-game like reaching a certain MMR. There is no pride in owning a gold-purchased alt avatar, just the fact that you look cooler. The whining on this page is just 100% childish.

The only thing I wondered was why they kept alt avatars you can't buy in the shop, but now I see that they may actually come back some day so that makes sense.

^thats a good point
    nothing special to have all these alt avatars, only that u are probably rich, because when u count everything togheter it must cost x00$

to give alt avatars for some good ingame moves, or for somone that is good at a hero (or just have it in his most played or something)
    would be cool, but wont bring any $
    HoN is a great game,
    deal with it.

"If you are sad, stop beeing sad and be awseome instead!"

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by MECBEZ View Post
    Except even if it would be "ok" with the society you knew it is illigal by Law, something totaly different.

But I guess stupidity is a bliz for you.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimz View Post
    People love to complain dont they? i have played since beta and welcome change in all aspects. what the hell is the point in complaining about aethstetics? i mean, really?!? this is a pointless topic. S2 doesnt employ people out of the kindness of their hearts, they are a company, and as a company one of their main goals is profit. if you enjoy and respect the game, rage over balance, not skins.
    They don't complain about the aethstetics here, it is about the marketing. Something that actually is possible to get sued for by breaking the promises they make in the marketing for their products.

That it's only about skins in a game is beside the point. Silly as it may sound they are breaking the rules and "law" by doing what they did and try to come up with some false defense.

Legally the complainers of the community in this case are actually right, while a case as small as this probabliy wouldn't hold in court though (but you never know, it's the US we talk about).

Hm in this case the FA alt might need some tweaks to her animations as well. You know in case you were thinking about it. Hint, hint.

As someone with a few unavailable/gold edition alts, I do not feel it is wrong to re-release them as long as it's VERY limited, a weekend only sale for example. Plus, updated effects are always cool...600 gold is overkill though, 420 should be max price for all special editions like Warden (best quality alt IMO).
    932 BPM average

Quote Originally Posted by Boatmurdered View Post
    Hm in this case the FA alt might need some tweaks to her animations as well. You know in case you were thinking about it. Hint, hint.
    The FA alt doesn't look that good, IMO. I still want it because it's Drow Ranger, but they should rerelease it way better with a new voice/effects/better quality texture.
    932 BPM average