Thread: Dark Lady (Cover of Darkness)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 56
  1. #21
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5,164
    Quote Originally Posted by ubidat View Post
    The Dark Lady's ultimate is fine as it is... Its not "overpowerd" its not even "Good"....
    Is very very usefull when used properly in a co-ordinated gank, other than that its not that great... Its easily overcome and does no damage? The slow is hardly noticable.

    The 14 sec time on it is there for chasing when and the intended target doesn't know if he's getting intercepted or not.

    In my opinion is perfect as it is.

    -ubi
    Prime example of someone who doesn't know what he's talking about. It's the most game breaking skill in the game.

  2. #22
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa.
    Posts
    246
    So, she'll be an insta ban choice then? not really a problem, if the other team doesn't ban her then it their fault? :P
    And a decent team wouldn't get run-over by this spell, they'd either know everyone is missing and a gang is about to happen or run to safety as soon as its cast..

  3. #23
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Top secret
    Posts
    1,518
    Everyone in this game is already bundled up into a 5 man gank patrol 24/7 so they see each other regardless of whether this skill is used or not.

  4. #24
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Vienna, Austria
    Posts
    268
    Just use voice, it will nullify her Ultimate. Maybe someone gets unlucky and raped, but yeah, otherwise it's pretty useless.
    Waking up in Vegas!



    Check out my now Premium Ophelia Guide!

  5. #25
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    23
    If u want to nerf her ult buff mana cost of her other spells first, cos now she doesn't even have mana to use all 4 her spells in 1 fight w\o a tonn of mana items.
    Edit: oh and buff cd of her only *carry* 1 skill, w\o it she's nothing.
    Last edited by Kien; 07-23-2009 at 07:45 AM.

  6. #26
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    RPT, OR
    Posts
    284
    Well, i was playing with friends earlier against a dark lady and it wasn't actually as bad as it seems. I always thought it was imba too but when she ulted, i'd just ping myself and we'd gather... than anyone who came in our 400 sight range got ****ED UP lol. I think they should just lower the duration and take off the slow.

  7. #27
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    408
    Dark Lady is a weak hero except for her ult. If you want to take that away the hero is in need of a rework.

  8. #28
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    159
    This is one of the most OP ults in the game right now. It allows your team to pick off targets one by one for 14 seconds, which usually results in death of 2-3 heroes late game. Reducing it to half of its current duration (~7 seconds) at level 3 is perfect.

  9. #29
    This ulti is pure awesomeness and unique, Just reduce duration a bit.

  10. #30
    +1 for reducing duration. 7 or 8 seconds at level 3 sounds about right.

  11. #31
    The concept is good, leave the spell as it is, if it needs nerfing just nerf duration a little.

  12. #32
    The idea behind the cover of shadows is to hide what you are doing to a specific hero. If anything an entire allied team can hold hands and walk through the ult, hell if anything it may just unify the entire team to be better then the team with DL. Single targeting it would mean a great reduction in cooldown, and another great reduction in mana cost. Making it sort of like locust swarm for pestilence.

  13. #33
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    47
    Dark Lady's ult has too much synergy with the aoe spells of Tempest, Behemoth, and Kraken. If they stick together, they'll all get hit. If they don't stick together, 2-3 will get picked off. The cooldown is kinda unfair too.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by tayuku View Post
    Dark Lady's ult has too much synergy with the aoe spells of Tempest, Behemoth, and Kraken. If they stick together, they'll all get hit. If they don't stick together, 2-3 will get picked off. The cooldown is kinda unfair too.
    This could be said about any hero in the game. Hero X has to much synergy with Heros Y, Nerf please. I dont know about you, but I play with a friend or two and we use vent. If a team can organize and use any heros ult, then it doesnt make a difference now does it?

    Sure her ult may need to be tweaked a bit, but is it any different than say Kraken ulting and running into a crown of heros, warping them back to a group of allies who are waiting on it?

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by ubidat View Post
    The Dark Lady's ultimate is fine as it is... Its not "overpowerd" its not even "Good"....
    Is very very usefull when used properly in a co-ordinated gank, other than that its not that great... Its easily overcome and does no damage? The slow is hardly noticable.

    The 14 sec time on it is there for chasing when and the intended target doesn't know if he's getting intercepted or not.

    In my opinion is perfect as it is.

    -ubi
    You can't be serious? This is prolly the most gamebreaking and powerful ultimate there is in this game.
    Dark Lady will be either 1. autobanned in all competetive plays or 2. first picked.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by purrgady View Post
    This could be said about any hero in the game. Hero X has to much synergy with Heros Y, Nerf please. I dont know about you, but I play with a friend or two and we use vent. If a team can organize and use any heros ult, then it doesnt make a difference now does it?

    Sure her ult may need to be tweaked a bit, but is it any different than say Kraken ulting and running into a crown of heros, warping them back to a group of allies who are waiting on it?
    Cover of Darkness is alot more fail-proof then the above scenerio.

  17. #37
    Ulti is a lot worse in competitive play when entire team can talk to each other live. In fact, in HoN as long as you have a team who can use VOIP well you'll be fine.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by blumousey View Post
    Ulti is a lot worse in competitive play when entire team can talk to each other live. In fact, in HoN as long as you have a team who can use VOIP well you'll be fine.
    ROFL no. I've played a few competitive games with Darklady on the other team and I can assure you when she casts her ult that the majority of the stuff on VOIP consists of dialogue not suitable for youths.

  19. #39
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    210
    Yeah... I agree going to single target is silly. I honestly don't see to big of an issue with Dark Lady at the moment anyway and think she's fine the way she is. Now tell me... in a giant team battle would you say this ult is more powerful than Glacius blinking in and using his? Most ultimates are about how you use them... to me the big gripe with this ult is that it's just really annoying... and as others have said.

    In competitive play, when you've been playing with a group as long as you have and have VOIP/Vent. This starts losing a ton of its effectiveness.

    Dark Lady's ult is fine in its current state to be honest.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastila View Post
    Yeah... I agree going to single target is silly. I honestly don't see to big of an issue with Dark Lady at the moment anyway and think she's fine the way she is. Now tell me... in a giant team battle would you say this ult is more powerful than Glacius blinking in and using his? Most ultimates are about how you use them... to me the big gripe with this ult is that it's just really annoying.

    Dark Lady's ult is fine in its current state to be honest.
    Glacius blinks in and uses his shitty ult you stun him. Dark lady casts her ult what are you gonna do? How exactly do you counter that? I'm interested.
    Ramsay Sound Pack

    I hope the rest of your day is as pleasant as you are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •