Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: HoN Hero Spotlight: Gunblade

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Silv3erTwee View Post
    flint is good at long range and gunblade at close. wonder if they are good combo
    I find it amusing how people buy the generic trollface and suddenly they think they're all witty and "trolly".

Anyways, sounds like an incredible pubstomp hero, yummi!

lmao @ "prepare for trouble and make it double line."

anyone aware?

<3 u viole.

<3 team rocket

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by kisroker View Post
    I love how Flint ulti's sound is reused on his auto attack.
    Please say it's just placeholder.
    It was. We had to tune down the volume a lot in recording because of this.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

sooo what's the point of the big blade attached to his firearm??

Is it just me or the hero looks clunky? and the shoulder is also too wide.

Darn Smyger and RuthlessVoid for taking a break.

Don't they know that spotlight videos and other side videos are the only useful thing in this world?

I expect two videos next time, triple the quality of usual.

(No but really, sorry for the team that worked on this spotlight, but it just didn't have the same style/quality as usual. It was good though, I'm just spoiled.)

Interesting hero, feels a little uninspired with the theme it had, but still strong.

Please check out my Pandora's Box item idea and let me know what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by LordTroll View Post
    I find it amusing how people buy the generic trollface and suddenly they think they're all witty and "trolly".

Anyways, sounds like an incredible pubstomp hero, yummi!
    the trollface icon is the only thing required to troll

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Hero looks cool, spotlight & skills are "meh". Imho it would be better for S2 to hold new heores for about one month after Kinesis, otherwise hasty half-arsed ideas will ruin more than they fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubidxx View Post
    Moraxus's shield?
    No, moraxus's shield gains hp the more heroes are nearby and can be detonated for damage, it also only absorbs pre-mitigations damage(damage that hasn't been reduced by armor yet)

This is just a shield that boosts ms and absorbs straight up damage, like accursed's

On another note, I'm going to echo what a lot of people are saying, that the quality is down, well it is, the hero's abilities seem thrown together rather then thought out, with no clear theme or rhyme or reason to any reason as to why this hero has the abilities he does, he just seems like another run of the mill boring ass hero.

And his model looks ugly as hell.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I like the hero, maybe i even am going to buy coins for it.

But meh, why was the quality of the video reduced to potato quality?

AWSOME HERO

Quote Originally Posted by Durandal_ View Post
    No, moraxus's shield gains hp the more heroes are nearby and can be detonated for damage, it also only absorbs pre-mitigations damage(damage that hasn't been reduced by armor yet)

This is just a shield that boosts ms and absorbs straight up damage, like accursed's

On another note, I'm going to echo what a lot of people are saying, that the quality is down, well it is, the hero's abilities seem thrown together rather then thought out, with no clear theme or rhyme or reason to any reason as to why this hero has the abilities he does, he just seems like another run of the mill boring ass hero.

And his model looks ugly as hell.
    Sorry, i didn't mean that. I just thought that Gunblade's shield looks just like Moraxus's shield. Not that their skill are the same, but that the visuals are.
    -
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Silv3erTwee View Post
    the trollface icon is the only thing required to troll
    Heh.

Am I the only one who found the Spotlight good? I mean all I care about is the skills and how they work and the spotlight shows plenty of that. Are people disappointed because there weren't enough "funnies"? First world problems...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    uses dual gunblades
    doenst use blades
    guns too mainstream

new hero is a hipster

Bad trailer in my opinion.

The intro is just a mix of random cutscences with unfitting music while the main part, the skill explanation, looks like you never made spotlights before.

Lets take a look at a good spotlight of yours.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_f4Q...eature=related

Well made intro. Skill explanation with alot of examples, showing the advantages and disadvantages and a quick look into the mechanics.
    Sure the Gunblade spotlight had that too but very bad executed. What realy kills the spotlight for me is the baby taunt scene. Srsly? That scene looked like a 12 year old playing around with the windows moviemaker effects...

Thats my 2 cents.
    I hope you read my rants, learned something and get back to your old awesome spotlights.
    There are only two genres of music. Metal and Shít

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Completely called his passive doing bonus damage based on how close they are. Nailed it.

That said, completely broken design S2. He gets all the benefits of being a range plus bonus damage at melee range where most ranged are at a disadvantage. He has a closer ult and slow to facilitate that and a shield to mitigate getting in close.

This isn't about numbers or him being OP (for all I know he'll be weak ****) it's about it literally just being bad design.
    Last edited by Good_Apollo; 03-13-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kainiet View Post

The intro is just a mix of random cutscences with unfitting music while the main part, the skill explanation, looks like you never made spotlights before.

Well made intro. Skill explanation with alot of examples, showing the advantages and disadvantages and a quick look into the mechanics.
    Sure the Gunblade spotlight had that too but very bad executed. What realy kills the spotlight for me is the baby taunt scene. Srsly? That scene looked like a 12 year old playing around with the windows moviemaker effects...

Thats my 2 cents.
    I hope you read my rants, learned something and get back to your old awesome spotlights.
    it wasn't smyger and ruthlessvoid making the video this time, that's why it's much lower quality

18.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #38
    S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Kainiet View Post

Thats my 2 cents.
    "Please note that Smyger and RuthlessVoid took a break this spotlight for personal reasons. I had to do with a make-shift crew of people I've never worked with. We tried some new things and added a bit more flair to the scenes. Let me know how you all liked it, what suggestions you have, what you think could be improved, and anything else!
    Also, let Cami and Murray know how well they did in such a tight squeeze "

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/HeroesofNewe...ight_gunblade/

And in relation to the music, here's what I said in a Skype discussion!

[10:50:51 AM] secret person!: Violeeee
    [10:50:54 AM] secret person!: what is that opening music
    [10:51:07 AM] Mia: uhh
    [10:51:14 AM] Mia: something that thomas-adam made
    [10:51:18 AM] secret person!: it's.....different...... It sounds so......
    [10:51:40 AM] secret person!: 10 years ago like for digital sounds at first
    [10:51:46 AM] Mia: it's one of his first pieces
    [10:51:49 AM] secret person!: I see
    [10:51:54 AM] secret person!: well it gets better after 20 seconds
    [10:51:54 AM] Mia: his power supply shorted
    [10:51:56 AM] Mia: and fried his mobo
    [10:52:00 AM] Mia: so he had no computer at all for this
    [10:52:04 AM] secret person!: ...
    [10:52:09 AM] secret person!: and he had to make something anyway?
    [10:52:10 AM] Mia: we had to make do with a laptop editing the best-fitting old clip he had
    [10:52:13 AM] Mia: yep
    [10:52:19 AM] secret person!: that explains the old-ness
    [10:52:19 AM] Mia: he didn't HAVE to, he volunteered
    [10:52:28 AM] Mia: i told him it's fine if we just take a segment, but he's a dedicated guy
    Hopefully that clears up some stuff for you <3

Don't worry, I know the quality may have seemed worse this week, but a lot of stuff went on, and I'm happy with the video considering the circumstances.
    Last edited by Viole; 03-13-2012 at 02:55 PM.

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

i feel like this hero got pushed out too fast, like not enough experimenting with what he should have

also the animations on this hero looks rather static, like its not fluid and natural

i also have some opinions on what his skill set should be, but i'll wait until he's released to public and test him out to see how he feels overall

iam really disappointed in this hero. nukes, slow, stun, shieldprotection... a range who gets more dmg in meele range?! i dont say hes op, coz i dont know the numbers, but it he is boring. there is nothing special about him.
    maybe take a look at some dream heroes. there are a lot heroes which are more thought-out and unique than this creepy guy.
    + worst spotlight ever, sry