Tremble and Boris
11. Flint Boomstick WIP
10. HoN Annihilation Tribute Keg for Mightyfethar
8. Puppet Master (by Pisstacia):
7. Rhapsody (from concept art):
4. Tremble and Boris:
If you want to have your favourite hero or avatar modelled, please leave a request in the comments below.
All of the figures presented in this topic are modelled out of standard pottery clay. I have been making those since October 2011. I never salvaged a single one, although creating some of those was a very demanding process that sometimes required 2 people to work at once, mainly because of the improper technology I have used in the creation (Electrician, Rhapsody).
There are several tips for anyone who would like to make this their hobby.
1. Use light and smooth clay. The clay I used to make artillery is superior, it is not heavy, sticks well and is easily worked in.
2. Plan in advance. There are a few basic tips that will save you from a lot of trouble
3. Divide your model into several parts you can join together later and start with general proportions. Do not hurry.
4. Model from simple to detailed. When you have clay divided into several parts by size, make rough details, when you have rough details, make small details. After you finish one part, continue to another following the same procedure. Leave the fragile details to the absolute end before final drying.
5. Serialize. If you are planning to implement twin parts like legs or hands, always make one larger piece which you split afterwards. You will keep symetry and safe half your work.
6. Stabilize. The most important thing is to keep the model stable. In other case, it will not even make it to the kiln. You need to have the most mass in the base, which needs to have a large contact plane with the working table so it stands still. (see Artillery, Puppet Master, Blood Hunter. You can improvise here.)
7. Simplify. Most of the shapes can be made from small strings and larger boxes/balls of clay. Basic geometry can then be transformed.
8. Glue perfectly. Not making the models out of one piece has its negatives. Always roughen the surface you are going to glue together using a prearranged mixture of clay and water. Use large amounts and remove the leftovers after you push pieces together.
9. Half-dry. The longer you make the model, the eaiser it becomes to make it. When clay dries out, it both hardens and becomes lighter as water evaporates (and theres a damn clayful of water). When the clay is a little drier (put it in a plastic bag for a week with a moisty sponge), you can cut it with a knife without it warping! The legs that are half-dried this way will bear at least 10x heavier parts than non-dried. Clay glue becomes radically fixed. 100% proven.
10. Strengthen. Always use extensive amounts of clay to fix joints after you glue them together. Hands are a perfect example of the most frequent failure.
Last edited by colondee; 12-04-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Oh man I totally want that Rampage one.
S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
Game Masters are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.
"All they do is expound their store of knowledge. They excite themselves with their ranting; their disapproval swells them with a feeling of importance and sick victory, they thrive on spoiling the pleasure and trashing the creativity of others."
The Minister shares her opinion of critics. ~ Kino's Journey
I reuploaded the photos and implemented a poll so that you can vote for your favourite one. Now there is Artillery in the making and a HoN logo which already is in the kiln.
"Peace if possible, truth at all costs."
"Blood alone moves the wheels of history."
"I feel much freer now that I am certain the pope is the Antichrist."
"In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way. "
- Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Banking institutions are more dangerous than standing armies”
I want all .. I vote for swiftblade becuse is me favorite hero in your pull. PLZ MAKE FLINT BOOMSTICK 2 ..
Thx a lote
Flint would be very nice. I think it might be the next one because it's my favourite too.
Added Artillery WIP
We have a artist here!
bloodhunter is the best!
Hey nice work man, idd like to see a Madman or a sill. Would be really slick. Nice work tho