Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Learning with Speedohdk

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Account Icon
    Thanks for the Videos Speedo, much appreciated. So far I watched the first three hours of Jeriziah, and the first hour of Swiftblade. I have to say that I was disappointed by the Jera-Videos as you just rage a lot and don't really give much advice. If I could give you one advice I'd say don't scream or shout in the microphone. It's weird in an instructional video.

Your SB-Videos are way better, as you actually comment on what you're doing and why. I'm glad I didn't give up on you

Wildsoul plz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Watercat
    Carcharhinus is right.
    Are you a 1000-1450 MMR player who can't manage to climb out of your bracket? Check out: http://tinyurl.com/LowerMMRs and type /j clan team lowmmr in game to join the clan channel and find similar players to team up with. Please no high MMR players who want to carry us. It takes too long at 0.5mmr per game and defeats the purpose.

Account Icon

One more thing

please don't use Dota-Terms in an HoN instructional video (like health scroll in the Swiftblade video)... doesn't make sense to confuse the newbies, does it?

Thanks again.

Haters gonna hate^

Quote Originally Posted by wonzling View Post
    Thanks for the Videos Speedo, much appreciated. So far I watched the first three hours of Jeriziah, and the first hour of Swiftblade. I have to say that I was disappointed by the Jera-Videos as you just rage a lot and don't really give much advice. If I could give you one advice I'd say don't scream or shout in the microphone. It's weird in an instructional video.

Your SB-Videos are way better, as you actually comment on what you're doing and why. I'm glad I didn't give up on you
    I appreciate the criticism, this is a learning process for me as well after all!

Me squeeling like a frightened school girl into the mic is more to entertain people than anything else; since lets be honest, learning without having fun is.... just no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by wonzling View Post
    please don't use Dota-Terms in an HoN instructional video (like health scroll in the Swiftblade video)... doesn't make sense to confuse the newbies, does it?

Thanks again.
    Using dota terms is something I just can't avoid for some items, since I've been doing it for 5 years now and some dota items just sound smoother and more realistic when it comes to what the items actually do.

even absolute beginners should be able to figure out the name recognition after i say one item then buy a similar item that sounds like it does what i said. Besides, my streams main focus is aimed more at the intermediate-advanced hon players; hopefully it can still help beginners though.

Really enjoying these videos, please keep it up.

I hope to see a Hag video sometime, That's a hero I'd like to watch a pro use, so I can get tips on how to get better.

Thanks for all the hardwork.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSasorixX View Post

I hope to see a Hag video sometime, That's a hero I'd like to watch a pro use, so I can get tips on how to get better.

I may be able to do a hag day tomorrow

Account Icon
    Micro day... Please?

Community Contributions Fan

Quote Originally Posted by XxSasorixX View Post

nobody nose the work gus puts into these pictures
    Last edited by Speedohdk; 03-16-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Account Icon
    Big Hag plays? Please and Thank you?

Cant find your tort gameplay

Quote Originally Posted by DruelingDuck View Post
    Cant find your tort gameplay
    I thought twitch saved everything, apparently i was wrong.

gonna re-do all the days and save them to my hdd, learn some basic editing skills and release better content i think.

With that being said, LOOKING FOR VIDEO EDITOR TO TEACH ME SOME SKILLZ

Hag day will begin shortly

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    wtb a shadowblade day

(Forsaken Archer day will actually begin around 7-9pm est, image is wrong)

sorry for the erratic streaming my sleep schedule is messed up atm

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I like you Speedo, but do you have the balls to not go mid? To not pick a stomper? :|

None of these heroes are heroes that people need to learn.

I challenge you to do a glacius day.
    I challenge you to do a shadowblade day.
    I challenge you to do a wildsoul day.
    I challenge you to do a kinesis day.
    I challenge you to do a geomancer day.
    I challenge you to do a balphagore day.

:|
    Last edited by ArnoldRimmer; 03-17-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldRimmer View Post
    I like you Speedo, but do you have the balls to not go mid? To not pick a stomper? :|

I challenge you to do a glacius day.
    I challenge you to do a shadowblade day.
    I challenge you to do a wildsoul day.
    I challenge you to do a kinesis day.
    I challenge you to do a geomancer day.
    I challenge you to do a balphagore day.

I take solo sidelane 1v2 whenever it benefits my teams lanes to do so. Also the heroes you listed are either pure support (which i am admittedly terrible at and cannot teach at a high level) or unfamiliar with the hero in general, and wouldn't be able to teach at a high level. I may change it up and do days where i practice heroes like kinesis or shadowblade, but wouldnt be able to teach much to an audience since i would be learning myself.

I think it is more important for me to teach people what i am doing and why on the heroes that i can play at an elite level with first, and then down the road do general 'watch me be a noobie and learn this hero' stuff. also most of the heroes i've done aren't stompers :P

with that being said, i put off fa day until tomorrow because im tired, sorry guys
    Last edited by Speedohdk; 03-17-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Also, if you guys would like, I can do the support heros, anyone that wants to learn support simply needs to watch/ask me

Quote Originally Posted by ArnoldRimmer View Post

I challenge you to do a Scoutday.
    I challenge you to do a Scout day.
    I challenge you to do a Scoutl day.

Fixed
    "Give me names, I'll give you blood" -

Scout best hero in the game, hands down. Nigma can't even kill him