Thread: Soul reaper underated?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tones View Post
    Your missing the point entirely, this is an open discussion. You didnt even read my stats correctly. Nor was it ever stated this is my main account.
    man you're doing a great job with your non-main account, is your main account 1300 mmr? i actually looked at your stats and almost threw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Erg View Post
    "SR carries with support items". Nice, I wana see him carry with striders and wards only.

ring of sorcery, nomes, and platedf grieves and wards. Yep, just striders, i doubt

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenBake View Post
    BECAUSE HE IS BORING =(. He doesn't give you that sense of excitement.
    You're talking to yourself, being boring is Soul Reaper least worry. I started to love this hero when i saw a guy get a bloodstone at min 20, and by min 30 he had barrier idol and platemail, the whole enemy team ganked him 5v1 and they lost the fight badly.
    Never managed to replicate that performance but i got quite close a few times.
    The more assassin's shrouds, the more assassin you are.

TRUST me TONES you are going down the wrong path with that attitude of yours!!! drop those support items. The only one you should be aiming for is barrier idol!

Quote Originally Posted by Stokkolm View Post
    You're talking to yourself, being boring is Soul Reaper least worry. I started to love this hero when i saw a guy get a bloodstone at min 20, and by min 30 he had barrier idol and platemail, the whole enemy team ganked him 5v1 and they lost the fight badly.
    Never managed to replicate that performance but i got quite close a few times.
    I beg to differ sir. I believe the opposing team should of taken the right initiative to counter his build effectively. Btw I think bloodstone is a useless item. That was only effective in DotA not in HoN so far.

SR is a bit underrated yeah, but he doesn't cope with many others laners too well, that is his main problem.

Solo lane or he's garbage, same with Hellbringer and Defiler. Won't happen in pub games tho.

items like mana ring and nomes are fine on him imo, cuz he has a very small manapool
    for the amount of mana his spells cost

edit: get a tablet

Account Icon
    He needs a solo lane, usually mid. You can't dual lane in pubs, because everyone thinks he should be played like a witch slayer or myrm and the only thing he needs to do is (1) heal you (2) buy wards (3) upgrade courier

But if you're blue/pink you can sometimes get away with calling mid early, and then picking SR. He's plenty capable, and while he is a bit boring skill wise - he does have a lot of ways you can build him and still be effective. Probably the best thing going for him right now is that he's not seen a lot, and not thought of as a strong hero. Being underestimated is a great advantage, and can score you and/or your team some easy kills.
    Probably the biggest detriment to him, is that most people that play him think his non-dmg passive is useless and level stats over it. That kills his farm potential and tends to make him rather useless and eventually a feeding ward ***** because he doesn't get the farm he needs and is slow with no escape mech or even the mana pool to spam his heal.

If you can get away with it, esp if you mid, I prefer ghost marchers on him. He's slow, and especially from mid you're going to have to help ur side lanes if you want any chance. And obviously bottle since ur mid.
    Vestment and chalice, and either PSupply or locket (I tend to go locket, pretty damn good stats for 750 gold, unless there is an arma or tb or someone.. then you can even go both if you want).
    After that an early glowstone helps your hp and mp, and is often a good pickup. The obvious ones like astrolabe, although I'd prefer the true support to grab that if at all, but just my preference. Tablet is a great all-around utility item, and nomes is good on him too.
    If I can get away with it, sheep makes for a great first big item pickup. He desperately needs that CC, it gives decent survivability and obviously gives him the big mana pool he needs with some regen. If I can, I'd skip hotbl all together and only get the vestment part of the shamans/idol to get to sheep faster. The other 2 while nice, only give him some survivability but none of the stats he really needs. IMO that gimps him by really stalling his farm and making him less useful in team fights through the mid-game.
    FWS is my fav luxury on him. Great stats for him + a great slow allowing you to kite. And along with sheep, your heal nuke and your passive you can do pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenBake View Post
    TRUST me TONES you are going down the wrong path with that attitude of yours!!! drop those support items. The only one you should be aiming for is barrier idol!
    He's probably the best carrier of a Nome's Wisdom ever, besides maybe Demented Shaman. In combination with Inhuman Nature you can push forever with just a Nome's.

I grab SS on SR. It works fairly well since it adds to his mana pool/regen, gives him a disable, and speeds him up a weeeee bit. Good as a defense mechanism imo.

As for if he is underrated, yes he is, but because he isn't very strong hero. He cannot fit into support role since he is slow (base 290 mvsp), packs no common disable, has weak heal (like Midas heal, not Accursed/Voodoo Jester heal), etc, and as a carry there are other heroes that hit harde, farm faster and are tankier DPS (Ra, Zephyr).
    If a SR does good I can honestly give the credit to the player instead of the hero because SR is not amazingly good when compared to other carries.

He doesn't haaaave to solo, pair him up with something that can help keep him alive and doesn't have to eat all the farm... Accursed, DS, Martyr

I actually watched your stream the other day - have to say was VERY unimpressed and wont watch it again. The quality was terrible, missing last hits all over, dying for no reason and spent half your time complaining that mid fed and left in both all chat and the stream chat.

I watch streams to see people a lot better than me play and see what I can pick up from them. You are not, and I'm not good myself. The other reason I watch streams is to be entertained. Bad quality and whining about mid leaving whilst you yourself being one of the contributing factors to loosing the game is not entertaining.

This isn't intended to be an angry post, just an honest one. I wish you luck, but wont be watching again. If you want people to watch you stream I suggest you address these issues.

he got hit hard when bloodstone got smacked. and then keeps getting **** on.

SR last year at this time was still very viable, and quite amazing... Now there are just too many heroes that are in the current "metagame" to the point of them being really popular.

They're also well equipped to kill him/lock him down easily.

His auto attack animation (is so slow) and the damage is RIDICULOUSLY bad.

He's extremely squishy until he gets a HoTBL or a Sustainer.

His Ulti secures a single kill most of the time, and that just doesn't cut it compared to other heroes who can do the same thing with much more utility.

BUT if your team is doing an all out push strategy, he is one of the best pickups in my opinion... I played a lot of Necrolyte in my DoTA days (still do sometimes in DoTA 2) but there are just so many heroes in HoN that are really good at a similar role, and way less dependent on a lot of farm ... But there are those games where you DO get a lot of farm on him, and he's extremely overwhelming.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    @guy above
    You kno sustainer gives almost no teamfights survivability

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    merge his passive and aura and give him an escape spell that cannot be used offensively and he is fine imo

My Fayde Alt. Avatar suggestion "Hassassin Fayde":http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?p=14811835

Quote Originally Posted by Watercat View Post
    @guy above
    You kno sustainer gives almost no teamfights survivability
    Doesn't matter, gives him some good mana regen that he desperately needs and enough health regen to make a blood chalice a viable item pickup.

With the sustainer, chalice, and push boots you can easily go help your team push towers early on, and finish your nullstone pretty quick.. If it is a good suit against the enemy team of course... If not, HoTBL or Shamans works a-o-kay but you won't get the extra few heal casts that generally make or break the push.

strong carry hero
    when given the role of support he sucks
    from experience hes one of the best 1v5 heroes if left to farm too much

I always go on a sidelane with him with my mate who goes . Works out pretty well 90% of the time.