Thread: Soul reaper underated?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Soul reaper underated?

Currently 2 wins for 2 games. In a soul reaper rape attempt. Can I get more?

I' ve found that soul reaper is an incredibly strong pick in general, fitting into many line ups and being flexible with lanes. The biggest benefit i find is that he can carry with support items, filling two roles at once. Not only this but hes pushing potential is extreme and he counters the currently very popular tanky dps picks

Thoughts?

Attempting to prove that SR is a very underestimated hero in standard MM games, and in general.

Currently 2 wins for 2 games (this is a "recently obtained account"). In a soul reaper rape attempt. Can I get more?

Tune in at http://www.twitch.tv/tones555

Questions about stream should go to the stream thread: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=398722

whereas this thread should be kept for SR discussion.

Account Icon
    Watching thru iPod (: gl

thanks =), so far doin bad, keep tuning in tho hoping for a comeback

I know =(, but that costs money !!

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Broodje View Post
    You need a ReaperRape account first
    It would have to be called SoulRape.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    NecrolyteRape! Oh wait...

I like the sound of ReaperRape

if anyone buys me 2 name changes ill do it XD

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I have bought yesterday Soul Reaper for 400 Silver coins.
    Soulreaper is my favourite hero currently in midwars and MM.

The only negative for me is the 2nd skill which is passive, its too weak in my opinion.
    But it sure helps if you have a mock of brilliance.

Do not offend, Educate

He doesn't have any disables or at least slows besides his ulti, which has a pretty long cd, and his heal eats his mana up pretty fast, so he is bad in dual lane. And why would you let him mid? He doesn't have any scaling damage output (one that he can improve with farm), so he isn't a carry, and can't gank effectively, too. You can stomp 1500 mid with scout boots first, doesn't really prove a thing, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenson View Post
    I have bought yesterday Soul Reaper for 400 Silver coins.
    Soulreaper is my favourite hero currently in midwars and MM.

The only negative for me is the 2nd skill which is passive, its too weak in my opinion.
    But it sure helps if you have a mock of brilliance.
    The 2nd skill is actually good, the problem being its actual effect not that noticeable mid fight. A small buff could work

Quote Originally Posted by hitrydmitry View Post
    He doesn't have any disables or at least slows besides his ulti, which has a pretty long cd, and his heal eats his mana up pretty fast, so he is bad in dual lane. And why would you let him mid? He doesn't have any scaling damage output (one that he can improve with farm), so he isn't a carry, and can't gank effectively, too. You can stomp 1500 mid with scout boots first, doesn't really prove a thing, sorry.
    With his short cd nuke (that heals) and his scaling aura. The longer SR is alive the more he puts out, similar to an armadon really.

Putting him mid he beats melees easily by scoring ck and nuking them with 1 spell. So far range people ive played ive personally outskilled so i dunno how he performs in that aspect.

With mid he has excllent gank potential, grab a rune, run to lane, nuke, attack, attack, nuke, ulti someone. Easy ganks

His heals is also amazing for counter ganks, dropping enemies and healing team-mates all in one, without the aoe restrictions (such as that on ds heal bomb)

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by hitrydmitry View Post

Zephyr doesn't hace any scaling damage output that he can improve with farm either...

But yes Reaper is a carry, carrying with the ability to deal consisten AoE damage and create huge life differentials.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

The name should be Soulraper.

Quote Originally Posted by Izachiel View Post
    The name should be Soulraper.
    ahah i like it!

and <3 Skyve

Also for those curious

Current streak is 5 for 5. So yeah, im proving my own theory!! For proof check the stream =P

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    While Soul Reaper is fun and carries in a unique way, he simply cannot match the damage output of other heroes in the tank meta game such as Armadon, Zephyr, Ra, even Kraken and Cthulu.

Although against squishes nuke+ulti is amazing.
    Just like the competetive scene and any semblance of balance, I have migrated to DotA 2.

honestly the only reason why no one plays soul reaper anymore is because he is really boring.... all we have to do is heal and ult. pretty much it

Account Icon
    pretty sure i was looking at one of your previous games tones and you lost with him like 0/4/1

preeeety sure im 5/5 mr bangatron

Quote Originally Posted by `Festivalen View Post
    Man, I won 2 games in a row with a hero that's not picked a lot, I got 1500 mmr and 48% win. IS THE HERO UNDERRATED? I WON WITH HIM, HE'S SO STRONG I DONT SEE WHY HE' NOT PICKED IN COMPETITIVE GAMES.
    BECAUSE HE IS BORING =(. He doesn't give you that sense of excitement.

Btw Tones I recommend you to drop the ring of mana or whatever and go tanky build.

:HelmOfTheBlackLegio :ShamansHeaddress: :chal: :HomecomingStone: :Steamboots: then whatever

"SR carries with support items". Nice, I wana see him carry with striders and wards only.