Thread: How do I turn off taunts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How do I turn off taunts?

Or do I need a mod? They take up too much of the screen, though the screeching baby one is incredibly annoying.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Hoykey: Alt-f4
    On Kongor
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHi View Post
    I say when you kill him he explodes and kills everyone on the map
    Kongor is on a BLOODBATH! Someone KILL HIM!

Did you know that if you write 3.14 on a piece of paper and hold it in a mirror, it will say pie? And if you divide 42 by 3.14... you get 13.37!

If you could disable taunts it would not make sense

Theres a mod for it.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by `Aware View Post
    Theres a mod for it.
    This^ Otherwise, gl. Not many people use/have them anyway.

What's the name of the mod?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Aediono View Post
    What's the name of the mod?
    If you can't find it post a request here:http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99

Pretty annoying in the middle of a fight

oh yeah so annoying ,getting dumpster taunted every time?

You want it stopped? Kill the taunter.

Senior Game Master Account Icon
    Seems like taunts are working as intended, lol.

You should tell your mother to call [S2]Maliken, maybe he could something about it. Then you wouldn't have to cry everyday about other kids dumpstering you so horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by qazqazqaz View Post
    Seems like taunts are working as intended, lol.
    Exactly what I thought.
    The John Smith who will shake the world.

Thanks to people who answered without making complete pricks of themselves. Everyone else, have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Aediono View Post
    Thanks to people who answered without making complete pricks of themselves. Everyone else, have a nice day.
    well, how were they pricks? lol, because they insulted you? i mean, technically it's true, the taunt is working, and they're just fooling around and messing with you, they didn't mean you actual harm or to actually hurt your feelings imo... lol.......
    Wit Love,
    From Swede

Remember, the whole point of taunts is to help lazy trolls troll you. If a troll doesn't want to troll you by typing or shouting in his mic, then this is the perfect weapon for him. Even the game is trolling you by not allowing you to disable it. Even now, just typing in this forum allows the trolls to feed on you. Welcome to Trolling of Newerth.

Get dumpstered, kid.

lisen 2 da turtle lol u tell em donatello xD aghaagaksxz
    Wit Love,
    From Swede

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by chibidood View Post
    well, how were they pricks? lol, because they insulted you? i mean, technically it's true, the taunt is working, and they're just fooling around and messing with you, they didn't mean you actual harm or to actually hurt your feelings imo... lol.......
    You think to highly of this community, most of the socalled game masters are just as rude as the rest of the posters. And yes, they mean everything they say.
    Some taunts are fine, original, heavy metal, gore, fist of sol.. the rest are just things that spawned from someones immature sense of "fun".

GG taunt for example, since the beginning of gg spamming the actual meaning of GG as an act of good sportsmanship you used at the end of a game have been derived in to an insult and a boring taunt.

Crying Baby... the most annoying sound in the game... no wonder ppl play with sound off because of both that and raging ppl with a mic.

Dumpster... 2 different ppl use that.. 1 for insulting and calling people trash, the other are the same ppl that use the "dump" macro spam connecting it with ****.. and your sense of humor is still on the level of wee and poo you really need to growup unless you really are around the age of 6-12 where that was "fun".

Turning off taunts because they do clutter up the screen should be a very acceptable reason as you can turn down some other patical effects you feel interfering with their vision.

the non pricks cant have a nice day