Modifications are no longer using the number system!
Please check the sticky for information
This is the thread to post in to request a repository number for your modification, texture, model or sound.
You need to request a number in order to be added to the below repositories and moved to the appropriate sub forum.
To request a number, post a link to your thread and ask for a number that is not currently taken. You should check the below repositories for the next open number, and then skim through this thread to see if it's been requested yet.
Next Available Numbers
- Mods - 0123
- Textures -1102
- Models - 2023
- Audio - 3083
Format for Requesting Numbers
- In order to request a number, you must have a .s2z file available to download in your thread.
- The name of the file must be based on the number you're requesting. i.e. resources099 if I were requesting mod number 099.
- It must be the next available number. Make certain it isn't conflicting with another request in the thread.
- We prefer you name your hyperlink the following format: Mod A by Player B i.e. Right Click Deny by Ignorance
- A short description of what exactly your mod does should be present somewhere in your thread.
Some mod threads will have slightly different instructions for installing but they all follow the same basic instructions. To install, place the .s2z file in the HoN game folder.
The default locations for these are:
Windows 7: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\
Windows Vista: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\
Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Heroes of Newerth\game\
1. Press Finder
2. Press Applications
3. Right click 'Heroes of Newerth', and press Show containing files
4. Open Game folder
5. Move file here
How to create hero textures
A guide by Warchamp7
How to create your own mods
A guide by picklefish
How to set variables that persist after restart
A guide by picklefish
Last edited by Warchamp7; 03-15-2010 at 09:17 PM.
*taken Resource 3010 For Heavy Behemoth Sound mod.
see my thread in my sig if need be
Last edited by MaxGhost; 11-04-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Could you please update the links to my Disband button switch mod, I've updated it. Btw is there anyway to update files without breaking links? I'm new to file sharing sorry. I just deleted the old ones and uploaded new versions, is this correct or is there a better method?
honmod version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hjynmhv4dth/DisbandButtonSwitch.honmod
s2z version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/mhmjnnmymgj/resources065.s2z
Reserving 1021 for my slither mod please!
Reserving 1023 for my texture!! if used tell me thanks!
requesting 1024 for my green/gold chronos reskin
Last edited by AngryN00B; 11-06-2009 at 11:19 AM.