Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: HoN Hero Spotlight: Kinesis

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Viole View Post
    Intended! Who's that post at #01? I think it's mine! <3
    You win
    ()()
    ( . .)
    o('')('')

Account Icon
    nice lookin
    Vote for my suggestion to improve the courrier
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=375094

Proud Supporter Of S2, Deal With It
    IsmaelVera for President
    Camp MojoSpirit

Wow, he looks amazing! I'm sure he'll be tons of fun

Quote Originally Posted by SquishyKitty View Post
    Fail :3

This xD

EDIT: oh nvm.. D:'
    s2 Engineer.

"GOOD orc is DEAD orc" " (╯°益°)╯

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerilith View Post
    Wow, he looks amazing! I'm sure he'll be tons of fun
    He is fun, you have the Watercat guarentee

Account Icon
    Don't you think the skillset is pretty uninspired? Not to say that a lot of other heroes would've been all that inspired either, but man, the same spell twice with slight differences + enhanced tornadostick + Mordekaisers passive.

Granted, the shield is an OK idea even if it a replica of Mordekaisers passive in LoL, but why is it on this hero? Like, he has whole lot of burst magic damage, a stun and a slow, hmmm what else can we add, oh how about a blink or a charge or a skill that lets him soak damage? Just something to boost his survivability. Well, throw the dice and see which one we are gonna go with. What are the downsides supposed to be?

Then the visuals. Lifted trees look OK, but creeps fling around like they would be placed into a centrifuge. Why? Its too violent, and thus distracting. Some of the floating/flying animations also look jerky, as if the origin that the objects orbit around would violently warp around as opposed to shifting around smoothly.

The tornado effect is way too big, its like that ghost effect on revenant. Its distracting because its just some blue **** flinging around violently and covers a lot more space than it needs to.

Another thing is the blue rocks orbiting around the hero itself. They are alright on their own but why are they affected by the heros facing? Like, if you turn, the rocks turn with you. It looks stupid.

As a final note, how hard is it to craft something you can call your own as opposed to creating a popculture reference, rip off other games or do male -> slutty female transitions for your alt avatars?

This post is probably going to get deleted since I didn't sugarcoat it.

hmm, only one ability is similar to my Dream hero T__T. Oh well. Cool hero. Hope I win him or the coins to buy him.

Tanky as **** and loads of aoe damage, typical s2 hero

Throwing towers would have made a nice ulti.

Quote Originally Posted by LondonMcRoy View Post
    so... that passive barrier absorbs 450+ magic dmg?
    Not just magic dmg. All damage.
    Gooby pls...

Quote Originally Posted by HonStinks View Post
    Don't you think the skillset is pretty uninspired? Not to say that a lot of other heroes would've been all that inspired either, but man, the same spell twice with slight differences + enhanced tornadostick + Mordekaisers passive.

Granted, the shield is an OK idea even if it a replica of Mordekaisers passive in LoL, but why is it on this hero? Like, he has whole lot of burst magic damage, a stun and a slow, hmmm what else can we add, oh how about a blink or a charge or a skill that lets him soak damage? Just something to boost his survivability. Well, throw the dice and see which one we are gonna go with. What are the downsides supposed to be?

Then the visuals. Lifted trees look OK, but creeps fling around like they would be placed into a centrifuge. Why? Its too violent, and thus distracting. Some of the floating/flying animations also look jerky, as if the origin that the objects orbit around would violently warp around as opposed to shifting around smoothly.

The tornado effect is way too big, its like that ghost effect on revenant. Its distracting because its just some blue **** flinging around violently and covers a lot more space than it needs to.

Another thing is the blue rocks orbiting around the hero itself. They are alright on their own but why are they affected by the heros facing? Like, if you turn, the rocks turn with you. It looks stupid.

As a final note, how hard is it to craft something you can call your own as opposed to creating a popculture reference, rip off other games or do male -> slutty female transitions for your alt avatars?

This post is probably going to get deleted since I didn't sugarcoat it.
    No. There are a lot of other things in game that can be distracting. Jeraziah's ult actually covers up the screen a bit when used with all those rays of light going into the air. TB ult messes up your screen as well. And some people just can't get used to hammerstorm messing with your screen when he ults.

You had some arguements but they're not strong. I like this hero and I now know why stormspirit was nerfed (new hero).

I get your points but the way you present them is ridiculous and insulting.
    Check out my hero design, The Condra:
    http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/her...t/The%20Condra
    Rate it and please leave feedback ty

Can he throw neutral creeps?

Ophelia's Minotaur?
    Parasite inside a Minotaur?

Quote Originally Posted by Juicenewton View Post
    Tanky as **** and loads of aoe damage, typical s2 hero
    Armadon would like to say Derp to you.

Account Icon
    Seems that if you catch him out in the open, such as in the river or inside either of the bases, he's pretty screwed as far as damage goes. Puzzle box will be core to help with this problem? Maybe?
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiii

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by wietepiet View Post
    No. There are a lot of other things in game that can be distracting. Jeraziah's ult actually covers up the screen a bit when used with all those rays of light going into the air. TB ult messes up your screen as well. And some people just can't get used to hammerstorm messing with your screen when he ults.
    So what if there are other distracting effects in the game? That isn't a good thing, and neither is adding more of them.

You had some arguements but they're not strong. I like this hero and I now know why stormspirit was nerfed (new hero).
    To my understanding, stormspirit was nerfed because the handful of people who S2 ever might listen to that are not S2 employees or rabid brown nosers made an effort to get it nerfed. The reasoning being that it was used to save an ally from certain death with tornado --> shrunken.

Massive AoE damage?

He has 1 AoE spell, his ultimate. And as Viole said in Reddit, it's on a long cool-down.

Tanky
    He needs to do magic damage in order to tank a bit.
    What happens if he gets silenced? No tanky
    What happens if he gets stunned? No tanky
    Whay happens if he runs out of mana? No tanky
    What if he has loe Base Str and low Str gain? No tanky
    Last edited by simena; 02-28-2012 at 02:59 PM.

love it looks fun and fun heroes always good

18.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #38
    Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by simena View Post
    Can he throw neutral creeps?

Ophelia's Minotaur?
    Parasite inside a Minotaur?
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadLocks View Post
    Seems that if you catch him out in the open, such as in the river or inside either of the bases, he's pretty screwed as far as damage goes. Puzzle box will be core to help with this problem? Maybe?
    Cannot throw neutrals or player controlled creeps. Just trees and regular lane creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by HonStinks View Post
    So what if there are other distracting effects in the game? That isn't a good thing, and neither is adding more of them.

To my understanding, stormspirit was nerfed because the handful of people who S2 ever might listen to that are not S2 employees or rabid brown nosers made an effort to get it nerfed. The reasoning being that it was used to save an ally from certain death with tornado --> shrunken.
    Excusing the unnecessary language, Stormspirit has been receiving changes for a number of reasons but one of them is that we've had extensive discussions about it with our competitive players. The issue with the item lies in it's ability to completely save an ally from a bad situation without incurring any negatives. For example, if someone gets Tundra ulted, you can just Stormspirit your ally out of it. Plus, before when you Stormspirited someone, they could just Shrunken Head when they hit the ground and be immune to further CC.

We've taken a number of steps to reduce those problems while also making the item a little more difficult to get for a support hero.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Looks like a well designed hero actually. They tried making a hero with useful abilities that vaguely synergize but without making the hero all powerful by including subtle drawbacks with obvious counters. You can see this design philosophy with Grave Keeper and Draconis...but I think they over did it with the safeguards on them.

Hopefully this hero will actually be viable.

[EDIT] The discussion on Stormspirit would be such a moot one if S2 would just realize their initial folly and revert the item to it's original state of only working on yourself and enemies.

is this only me who think that this hero is not only OP but spammer like hell.. Combine him with artesia and grave and u got the ggame so easy!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast