Thread: If Rick Santorum becomes President, we're all in a lot of trouble.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    I don't get what you're all so worked up about. This whole primary was pointless to begin with, considering that none of the Republicans who actually stood a chance against Obama even tried to get the nomination. All the candidates with a brain in their head are waiting it out till 2016, when they don't have to run against an incumbent president. This is the 2004 election all over again and it will end up with John Kerry's Repub equivalent, a.k.a. Mitt Romney, getting the nomination, and he will lose against Obama. Have fun with another 4 years of that guy.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by lol_u_mad View Post
    I don't get what you're all so worked up about. This whole primary was pointless to begin with, considering that none of the Republicans who actually stood a chance against Obama even tried to get the nomination. All the candidates with a brain in their head are waiting it out till 2016, when they don't have to run against an incumbent president. This is the 2004 election all over again and it will end up with John Kerry's Repub equivalent, a.k.a. Mitt Romney, getting the nomination, and he will lose against Obama. Have fun with another 4 years of that guy.
    He beats the alternatives as far as I am concerned. Which really is a problem created by the stupid system America is governed on.

Anyway, good analysis.
    "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.

Not sure why an incumbent President should be any harder to beat than an unelected one, especially if that President has done badly in the perception of the people (and he has).
    Quote Originally Posted by senzation54
    I don't care which Christian branch you belong to, unless you belong to one that acknowledges that the entire friggin Bible is a fairy tale that was written by a bunch of different idiots and then voted by a congress on which gospels and crap were actually worthy of being in the Bible, you're an idiot. You're a person who doesn't think for himself and clings to the stupid beliefs his parents forced on him as a child, or you're the even worse kind of idiot who actually started believing this crap as an adult. Either way you're an idiot.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hat_Truck View Post
    Not sure why an incumbent President should be any harder to beat than an unelected one, especially if that President has done badly in the perception of the people (and he has).
    Incumbents always have the advantage.

Politics 101

Okay, that much is obvious; but why?
    I don't care which Christian branch you belong to, unless you belong to one that acknowledges that the entire friggin Bible is a fairy tale that was written by a bunch of different idiots and then voted by a congress on which gospels and crap were actually worthy of being in the Bible, you're an idiot. You're a person who doesn't think for himself and clings to the stupid beliefs his parents forced on him as a child, or you're the even worse kind of idiot who actually started believing this crap as an adult. Either way you're an idiot.

This is terrifying

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_1364414.html

Are things getting worse in our country? 40 years ago a speech like this would have caused an outrage. What has caused this disturbing shift towards fundamentalism?

Account Icon
    And then you Americans are surprised we Europeans see you as a bunch of dumb ****s.

Account Icon
    pastors have always been like that.

i didnt watch the video because i hate religious speeches.
    but if santorum was clapping and cheering, hes obviously doing it for votes.

Are things getting worse in our country? 40 years ago a speech like this would have caused an outrage. What has caused this disturbing shift towards fundamentalism?
    There is no shift. These people have been there the whole time, it's just that they're feeling disenfranchised now that the president is actively going against their convictions. Repealing "Don't ask, don't tell"? Madness! Blasphemy! *raaaaaage*
    Also, now they have a place to go when they want to reinforce their views and feel like they're not the only one's who think that way - Fox News.

It's not Santorum that concerns me, it's the fact that people are actually voting for him.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Lol U.S of A

Thanks for the sig Lhune <3
    Check out My blog in which i post chapters of my novel every so often http://lightvoid.wordpress.com/

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Last edited by ArnoldRimmer; 03-20-2012 at 12:57 PM.

There is no shift. These people have been there the whole time, it's just that they're feeling disenfranchised now that the president is actively going against their convictions. Repealing "Don't ask, don't tell"? Madness! Blasphemy! *raaaaaage*
    Also, now they have a place to go when they want to reinforce their views and feel like they're not the only one's who think that way - Fox News.
    These Santorum voters are more concerned that Santorum "supports" their beliefs than anything else. I have yet to see or read of a Santorum voter talking about the state of the US' infrastructure, the education system, serious economic policies and so on. Things that MATTER and should be addressed not some bullshit like no abortion, don't ask don't tell, school prayer, no gay marriage, etc - The type of things that weasels like Santorum take advantage of to distract people from the real issues.
    "Honestly I think the reason we all get so upset over this game is BECAUSE of how much we love it." -PieRowManSir

I actually had a dream last night that Obama won the next election anyway.

Regardless USA is ****ed. And it really shouldn't be surprising that Santorum is appealing to those who can believe what he believes. That's what politicians kinda do.
    Ramsay Sound Pack

I hope the rest of your day is as pleasant as you are.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

More pandering and less fundamentalism. Religious people are...religious.

40 years ago there was certainly even less tolerance...so...yeah. Zealotry is ageless.

I'm all for the repeal of DADT but I still don't see why there's so much outrage over it when it was originally designed to protect gays in the military. Something it must have accomplished since there's a fair amount enlisted despite many top brass being against it.

[EDIT] Regardless, Santorum doesn't stand a chance in iced over hell of winning the Repub. Mitt will be their man and he'll probably lose anyway.
    Last edited by Good_Apollo; 03-20-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I'm just going to leave this here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DApjHZq9o7M
    /speechless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    I came to this thread expecting Shawn to make a joke about somebody's mom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Your mom is already a joke.

countering all the left in this thread with some right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfxVkLhlu5s

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by XxmagiksxX View Post
    countering all the left in this thread with some right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfxVkLhlu5s
    You sure you're countering? I'm pretty sure you've just reaffirmed all of our positions against the right.

Quote Originally Posted by RedZone` View Post
    I'm just going to leave this here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DApjHZq9o7M
    /speechless.
    Uh? Hahahahaha

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanybag View Post
    You sure you're countering? I'm pretty sure you've just reaffirmed all of our positions against the right.
    Hook, line, and sinker!