Thread: [2.5.12] Patch Reception

View Poll Results: What do you think about the [2.5.12] Balance Changes?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • Awesome

65 39.16%
  • Mediocre

67 40.36%
  • Bad

34 20.48%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I would rather change him, don't nerf just change so he is harder to play somehow.
    Like make his ultimate be an on-use ability that you have to use 10seconds before dying or else you won't revive. As well as adding some kind of mana cost or penalty for using normal spells.

My point wasn't to throw this lol suggestion, I'm just saying that a rework with the same playstyle in team fights but less derp in terms of resource management and stuff would be better.
    RIP in Pepperonis m8
    I cry evertim

//Greger af Moek de la Hoek from Soek in Roek

buff sand wraith already ... storm spirit nerfed too much

nightvision fix - it wasnt here yet? wtf?

item changes - ok, except stormspirit. agree with changes, but its 200g overpriced now.

- yes, i like this change, promotes roaming imo

, - i dont see these changes as buffs/nerfs. they are something, these heroes should've had from start.

, , - nice.

, - nice, though i feel geo needs +1 str too ^^

, - FINALLY, THANK GOD!

- Okay.

- nice, i like these changes. but seriously, Boris is just a name for a common russian construction worker (no offense). it doesnt fit at all. shudder was much better, and fit with tremble.

- how to start? when you are facing ra, you need to treat (gank, focus) him like a hard carry in order for him not to snowball. but, well, is the same. i like comparing these two: both have easy targeted spells, need just high hp to play and you cannot die ever. why is arma ok and ra not?
    ra is the bad example of picking-phase-win - if he faces , , , or a lot of other guys he is total sh*t. when not, he pwns hard. he is also a little bit like - he pwns when still invisible, but when opponents counter him, he is nothing as he is visible all game long. to sum up, id like to see ra less counter-dependent and a little bit more skillbased.
    he is overpowered, but easily hardcountered, so he becomes underpowered. publics cry because they never heard of countering. stop crying at op ra and learn how to counter.
    however, i dont see a way how to make him less counterdependent, so:

my simple opinion how to change - make him drop more hp on spells cast. so you will actually care, not just spam spells whenever you can. this shall protect noobs from playing him (as they would kill themselves) and will highlight the original idea of ra. also, it will help him not to get insane gpm from instakilling creeps everywhere, as he would die from doing that. maybe give him some +armor for that.

btw, Ignite ingame doesnt show what kind of damage it deals.
    Last edited by Ahimtar; 02-26-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Game Master Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by changlingbob View Post
    Nerfs to tort and midas, but not to the things that are actually problems; the problem is still there, they're just worse somewhere else.

Balance is strange.
    I've to agree with this - I thought the main problem with Midas was his batshit burst

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by pewpewstar View Post
    I've to agree with this - I thought the main problem with Midas was his batshit burst
    The main problem with Midas is/was on his release:

Incredible AoE nuking power coupled with a strong, cheap, spammable heal.
    Incredibly high statgain on a hero that farms extremely well (2.2+3+1.6 iirc).
    Incredibly good laner on a hero that also has extreme innate damage potential.
    Strong AoE disable with long range.
    High base armor and decent agi gain on a hero that farms well, has decent strength gain and an escape mechanism with a short-term invulnerability.

I mean basically he's a "pro" in lane, teamfights, early-mid-late and really shines everywhere. He really pretty much had it all when he was first released.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Game Master Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    The main problem with Midas is/was on his release:

Incredible AoE nuking power coupled with a strong, cheap, spammable heal.
    Incredibly high statgain on a hero that farms extremely well (2.2+3+1.6 iirc).
    Incredibly good laner on a hero that also has extreme innate damage potential.
    Strong AoE disable with long range.
    High base armor and decent agi gain on a hero that farms well, has decent strength gain and an escape mechanism with a short-term invulnerability.

I mean basically he's a "pro" in lane, teamfights, early-mid-late and really shines everywhere. He really pretty much had it all when he was first released.
    Looking through his changelog (thanks cyber-kun for not being lazy this time!), they've nerfed everything except his burst which IMO is most problematic about him. This tells me S2 is ok with the burst itself and I just... disagree ;D

STILL no puppet change, still useless hero.

Gemini nerfed to uselessness. Ulti has no synergy with other abilities. Needs rework.

Tremble is good.

DM nerf (?) Didn't really see him as being a hero that needs nerfs more than other heroes.

Tort nerf was good

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    STILL no puppet change, still useless hero.
    Fnatic just ran him in a tournament game (and won). Very useless.

Good changes. Only thing I didn't like is drunken master drink charges change. I felt like they were to weak at low levels as it is. The stagger change was perfect though.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Not a good or bad patch. The main thing that stuck out to me though is the DM nerf. Bit uncalled for tbh.

Revert Drunken Masters W nerf please.

Is there some nice mathematical explenation for nerfing tempests elementals resistances to 15 from 17? Will they instagib from some specifik nukes now or what? That change caught my eye for being really... weird =)
    Arachna turnspeed buff - good.
    Hag buff - why?!

- Fissure increased duration from 5/6/7/8 to 6.5/7/7.5/8 seconds
    Seriously? We had a topic a while back asking for nerfs on level 1 Fissure and now this? He needs to be nerfed, not buffed.

- Unbreakerable health restored reduced from 150/250/350/450 to 125/200/275/350
    A good start, but that skill should be removed at all, not nerfed.

HB needs nerfs, not buffs, another bad change. I also can't see why the buff on Hag and Tundra.

Tremble nerfs might be too much.

I don't see a reason also to nerf midas stats, is his damage and "spammability" that should be worked on.
    Retired after the deportation system announced by S2 games. If you are a latin and have any self esteem, uninstall tthis game and play something else.

http://fighters.com.br

Quote Originally Posted by SirVH View Post
    Seriously? We had a topic a while back asking for nerfs on level 1 Fissure and now this? He needs to be nerfed, not buffed.
    That thread came before the first round of nerfs to Fissure that put it at 5/6/7/8 duration. It used to be 8/8/8/8.

people complaining about behemoth probably forgot they actually nerfed him real hard not that long ago.... pretty sure his fissure used to be a static 8 seconds then they nerfed it hard, and now are just reverting it back a bit (still nerf from his original form).
    his ulti also got nerfed hard, its nowhere near as destructive.

it was a fair buff

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Holy slow down on the DM/tremble/tort nerfs.

night vision change was dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Brannock View Post
    That thread came before the first round of nerfs to Fissure that put it at 5/6/7/8 duration. It used to be 8/8/8/8.
    Oh yeah that's true. Still don't change the fact that he doesn't need any buffs. I'm aware he have a bad time on farming, but a hero with 3 aoe stuns doesn't need buffs >_>
    Retired after the deportation system announced by S2 games. If you are a latin and have any self esteem, uninstall tthis game and play something else.

http://fighters.com.br

And still Nomad is untouched. Didn't really understand DM nerfs. Fine with all the rest.

They really should have shown some love to the underwhelming heroes, like Engi. In light of how fun he is to play as a semicarry, he could be "fixed" without even tweaking his abilities. From 500 to 600 range, 5 base damage increase, and agility gain from 2.3 to 2.6. Maybe in a few years...
    891 average BPM

Quote Originally Posted by Dethbringer View Post
    They really should have shown some love to the underwhelming heroes, like Engi. In light of how fun he is to play as a semicarry, he could be "fixed" without even tweaking his abilities. From 500 to 600 range, 5 base damage increase, and agility gain from 2.3 to 2.6. Maybe in a few years...
    Engi is a strong support/roamer.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast