Thread: Relevant! Disconnects and third world countries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Relevant! Disconnects and third world countries

A moderator said I should post this in the "relevant" section so here it goes. First off let me say that I am not a racist or a xenophobe. Now that is out of the way I would like to suggest that S2 implement some sort of disconnect balance system that allows another player to take the place of someone that rage quits or just cannot stay connected to the server because they may not have the best digital equipment from the forests of whatever third world country they may reside. If Blizzard could do it with DOTA 15 years ago then you certainly should have the power in the 21st century. I have become almost numb to the language barrier that cannot be overcome because frankly I have given up. But the fact that a game can be won or lost just because somebody cannot stay connected to a server or has infinite timeouts should not punish the other players on the team. Any input on this matter should be sincerely discussed and if this cannot be resolved then at least implement more servers for those countries that are less fortunate.

Already a leaver protection system. Allowing other players to take your spot causes balance issues.

Leaver protection system

And 3rd world countries now play on Garena.

http://www.neutralcreeps.com
    Bridging the Heroes of Newerth and DotA communities

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Halloran View Post
    A moderator said I should post this in the "relevant" section so here it goes. First off let me say that I am not a racist or a xenophobe. Now that is out of the way I would like to suggest that S2 implement some sort of disconnect balance system that allows another player to take the place of someone that rage quits or just cannot stay connected to the server because they may not have the best digital equipment from the forests of whatever third world country they may reside. If Blizzard could do it with DOTA 15 years ago then you certainly should have the power in the 21st century. I have become almost numb to the language barrier that cannot be overcome because frankly I have given up. But the fact that a game can be won or lost just because somebody cannot stay connected to a server or has infinite timeouts should not punish the other players on the team. Any input on this matter should be sincerely discussed and if this cannot be resolved then at least implement more servers for those countries that are less fortunate.
    An American... why am i not surprised?

Thanks for the sig Lhune <3
    Check out My blog in which i post chapters of my novel every so often http://lightvoid.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Blueflash View Post
    An American... why am i not surprised?
    Because your 3rd world education teaches you to bash Americans, perhaps?

OT: Disconnects are annoying, but allowing other players to hop in and take over would seriously screw with game balance, not to mention it would be annoying to implement properly. The only way I can think of to pull it off would be to add another thumbs up/down option that says "join game in progress" or something along those lines.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairlight_Ex View Post

OT: Disconnects are annoying, but allowing other players to hop in and take over would seriously screw with game balance, not to mention it would be annoying to implement properly. The only way I can think of to pull it off would be to add another thumbs up/down option that says "join game in progress" or something along those lines.
    Look at my flag. Also thanks for providing an example as to why the rest of the world detests americans, also America's school system is notoriously bad, so what are you getting at?

Check out My blog in which i post chapters of my novel every so often http://lightvoid.wordpress.com/

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Someone is getting their information from Miss Teen USA.
    Canada is #3 worldwide education. America doesn't even make the top 10.

Look at my flag. Also thanks for providing an example as to why the rest of the world detests americans, also America's school system is notoriously bad, so what are you getting at?
    haahahah =)

that made my day

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by sixxtoes View Post
    Canada is #3 worldwide education. America doesn't even make the top 10.
    Just to back up your argument, here's evidence.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datab...cience-reading

Sincerely,
    Australia

Apparently they don't teach sarcasm in Canadian schools. I'm kind of disappointed that I actually had to explain that.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Apparently they don't teach sarcasm in Canadian schools. I'm kind of disappointed that I actually had to explain that.
    If you're actually telling the truth; This is yet another example of why sarcasm simply doesn't work in text.

If you're actually telling the truth; This is yet another example of why sarcasm simply doesn't work in text.
    I am a former English teacher, I am very familiar with how bad the US education system is.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Sigh...

Americans are so good at acting like dipshits on the internet....

But Canada is responsible for Celine Dion and Justin Beiber.... So i think a nuclear strike is justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogrim View Post

Everyone is so good at acting like dipshits on the internet....

Corrected. I see trolls and tards from every land and language, US no exception.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasagna View Post
    Already a leaver protection system. Allowing other players to take your spot causes balance issues.
    this plus your an idiot if you cant see it would cause balance issues.

Um to OP- Blizzard didn't make dota. #3world countries are determined by random people. USA is of the standard of a 3rd. And if you didnt know the 1st,2nd and 3rd world countries were made during the cold war and basically just said USA was 1st world because that is where we are from and neutrals are 3rd world. Means nothing these days.

Lol, Canada. Earth's joke.

Account Icon
    Only bad thing about Canada is the French.
    Both language AND people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysame View Post
    Only bad thing about Canada is the French.
    Both language AND people.
    Especially the abominations that are, French-Asians.