Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: What S2 Is Working On

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    These are good news to hear

Any ETA on these bots?
    My internet is not very good and it's shared between 6 people so I don't get much chance to play with others.

i don't know why so many people want bots but k... GREAT STUFF MALIKEN! KEEPT IT UP!!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Fancy, thanks Maliken.

Quote Originally Posted by Maliken View Post
    Dear Players,

We operate HoN as a service. In doing so, we identify key areas in which we commit our efforts towards service operations. Some (not all) of these include game servers, customer support, balance changes, and content additions.

We have been spending a significant amount of time analyzing all of these categories, grading ourselves, and identify our weaknesses and ways in which we can improve. Our main priority is do a better job by finding a way to produce consistent, repeatable, excellent results across the board. We know we can be better and we WILL be better. This is and always will be a never ending task, as there is always room for improvement!

Projects we are currently working on:

1.) More consistent release of updated content within the game. These include things such as item changes, hero reworks, and replacement artwork.
    2.) More consistent release of new content. This content can include new items, game modes, maps, and mechanics.
    3.) BOTS, BOTS, BOTS! These guys have been in development for a while. There is still plenty to do, but it is important you guys know it is a priority for us! We have a special feature to our AI that we will reveal when we get closer to releasing our first iteration of bots.
    4.) Interface optimization that will reduce memory and CPU usage. We want to make the game run better on slower hardware and lower system requirements.
    5.) Improved Infrastructure for more stability in providing the online system necessary to run HoN. This is mainly behind the scenes stuff that reduces downtime. We've been spending a lot of effort here since mid last year and will continue to do so! *edit* This is done for a lot of reasons, one of which would be to stabilize XML / Replay site (that is for you Nate ).
    6.) New Patcher. This should be the final step in doing away with any issues people are having with general patching issues. We've developed a cleaner, simpler way to patch and it will also repair any issues with existing installs (so there should be significantly less reinstalling). Lastly this creates a more streamlined compatizer for watching old replays.
    7.) Bug fixes. In an ideal world we would have already squashed any bugs that have been around. Unfortunately there are bugs, and we are moving the priority level of dealing with them higher on our radar.
    8.) *edit* HoN Tour. The officially sanctioned competitive tour for the game. We're putting the finishing touches on this and are excited for it to be revealed soon (I really didn't want to say that word).

We love happy players and strive to reach higher ground day-to-day. HoN is the best multiplayer game on the market and we expect it be around for years and years to come.

I thank you all for spending your free time playing our great game and I hope to keep you entertained far into the future!

Game HoN!
    What about custom maps?
    S2 releases versatile hero and community complains.
    S2 releases one-dimensional hero and community complains.
    S2 unlocks all heroes and community whines for more.
    S2 gives away free hero codes and community whines for more.
    S2 gives vague answers to questions and community complains.
    S2 gives more specific answers and community complains.
    s2 got community'd

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Labrianidis View Post
    What about custom maps?
    read 2)

I hope the ''simpler'' patcher won't result in drastically increased patch sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by IsmaelVera View Post
    Here's a suggestion: how about making some sort of community council that pulls ideas of what to make that the, you know, players might specifically want?
    thats like saying the people that work on the game arent part of the community or dont play rofl.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Radul View Post
    thats like saying the people that work on the game arent part of the community or dont play rofl.
    sshhh, it's part of his secret plan to achieve total dominance over S2

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    good old "soon TM"

Account Icon
    Awesome to hear such news!

Account Icon
    GAME HON!!!!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Is the bots the reason 3.0 got delayed? If so...
    I KNEW IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Minoxz View Post
    By saying Bots, are you talking about implementing an offline mode (LAN mode) or are these bots only a replacement for disconnected players in game? Both would truly be awesome.. *Imagining a bot initiates a teamfight*..!
    i think they will only do something like LoL.

5V5 map (5player VS 5 Bots)

Quote Originally Posted by Ceriss View Post
    read 2)
    2/ is not custom map, they will just give a "only mid map" as they said.

i don't think they will implement custom map...
    Last edited by DemKy; 02-22-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    Want less leavers ? Vote here; we need you!
    Wanna buy HoN ? Click here

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    gr8

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    This is most astonishing, yet i don't feel any urge of the implementation of bots actually.
    I like to kick other players' butt but ok i'm glad it will satisfy a lot of people's wishes.

Keep it up and if this is all true i might add 2 more hours of gaming a day on top of my 3

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Thanks for the update MalibuKen.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    hi res textures, dx11, and better models?
    my dream will never happen

A great idea to keep your customers in the loop and keep up the good work! Looking forward to see what the future will brings

will they deliver before dota2 open beta? hope so
    List of HoN streamers
    http://streamlist.g6.cz