Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: What S2 Is Working On

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Account Icon
    hontour, 3 months after hon's release "It's COMING SOON GUYS! WE'RE EXCITED ABOUT IT!"

hontour nearly 2 years later "SOON GUYS!"

if you dont have a date for hontour's release dont bother saying soon. cause that word has no meaning when coming from you guys.

Account Icon
    Whats hontour?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorb View Post
    @Lucian01: Custom maps are completely possible given the Map Editor.

Custom maps were never advertised as a game feature beyond the fact that they were "coming soon". Please don't criticise my reading comprehension, given that you are twisting what was said to suit your argument(s).

With regards to making money off of you, S2 appear to have done that even without your pre-purchasing. Purple name colour and an Account Icon

@smurfberrys: not everybody has a positive experience in Public no stat games, and nothing prevents people from leaving in those games (thus creating a negative game experience).

Your experience and/or views do not dictate the whole. Neither do mine, naturally, which is why I phrase my posts in such a manner that do not make the mistake of speaking for other people, or generalising and making assumptions.

"Custom maps were never advertised as a game feature beyond the fact that they were "coming soon"" - Not sure what you mean here. Maliken stated in a few forum posts what custom maps is and how they would work and that they would be be in the game, not to mention the SDK. This was ages ago and the post i'm specifically refering to does not exist anymore (i wrote in the thread but can't see it in my history). Defining what custom maps is and how they work in the forum, and then advertising on the front page about it, I would say this is advertising BEYOND Coming Soon.

Maliken, please, can we get a word on custom maps?

Account Icon
    I'm sorry, but after so much delay, false promises and lies, I don't belive in any of this.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Whyser View Post
    "Custom maps were never advertised as a game feature beyond the fact that they were "coming soon"" - Not sure what you mean here. Maliken stated in a few forum posts what custom maps is and how they would work and that they would be be in the game, not to mention the SDK. This was ages ago and the post i'm specifically refering to does not exist anymore (i wrote in the thread but can't see it in my history). Defining what custom maps is and how they work in the forum, and then advertising on the front page about it, I would say this is advertising BEYOND Coming Soon.
    If Maliken wrote it in a forum post, that is not advertisement. Advertising (given that the game has had little in the way of actual advertising) would be something a potential player sees that inspires him to get involved in the game.

Hence, I am referring to what it used to say on the main HoN homepage with regards to existing features and upcoming content. I am not referring to specific posts buried within a forum that would you only really browse in any depth if you were already a registered member (of course, there would be exceptions to this rule, but the point of that is that they're exceptions).

Business plans change, for better or for worse. The customer is perfectly within rights to disagree with and/or dislike said changes. However that doesn't the change the reality that sometimes business plans need to change in order for said business to remain afloat.

The main problem with any video game community is that they take any repealed content as a personal insult from the developer, when they should actually be evaluating their game experience against the money they have invested and basing their continued dedication to the game on that. For example, HoN cost me $30. I have bought one $10 coin package in my entire time here. I have put in numerous hours as a technical support volunteer and a volunteer moderator, and I have been credited for that dedication.

To me, it was, and still is, $40 well-spent, regardless of what other content has not managed to see the light of day since closed beta. To yourself, and others, it might not be. That's perfectly fine. It's up to you to judge what you think is value for your money and/or time

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Kenhek - another Hero Suggestion | My blog! (updated 18/09/14: Why Java Ain't Bad)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliken View Post
    Dear Players,
    HoN is the best multiplayer game on the market and we expect it be around for years and years to come.

Game HoN!
    This /thread
    HoN = Best Multiplayer game, True Dat bro.
    Game HoN :O I see what you did there...

Thanks for this post, it's something I've wanted for a wile.
    “If you are given a choice, you believe you have acted freely.
    This is one of the darkest of all psychological secrets.”

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    the funny thing is hon supported custom maps when it was in beta, as well as 25v25 games, 2 years later

Keep up the good work!

sounds very good, I too can`t wait those balance changes.

2.) More consistent release of new content. This content can include new items, game modes, maps, and mechanics.

OH ya finally Game mode and Maps.

i would like to see a game mode where the 2 teams pick the other team's heroes. That would be fun

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Sounds cool

Quote Originally Posted by henkiShh View Post
    i would like to see a game mode where the 2 teams pick the other team's heroes. That would be fun
    that suck, scout, nh, ophila, magebane, dl, mm.

LOSING TEAM ^^

Really looking forward to bots. This game is ****ing impossible to learn as it is and this should help a lot of people get things under control before actually competing in TMM. I know more than a couple people who will benefit from having bots to play against.

Bots

When are the bots coming out?

Next patch?

Two months?

Never ? (like custom maps announced in beta)

Bots? wow didn't expect them to be added!
    Good thing about playing with friends: you will never get kicked when picking Night Hound as Orange or Brown.

Account Icon
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJwLLgwt87k&feature=channel_video_title
    looks solid thanks.,=

BOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you S2. I might finally be able to get my friends in on this game without them getting raged at nonstop and quitting after a few games.

Account Icon
    How about some balance?
    Quote Originally Posted by yyr_ View Post
    I match your face-palm and raise you three hateful thoughts.