Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: What S2 Is Working On

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by IceCat3 View Post
    Hmm bots... not sure. I would've spent my resources elsewhere, but perhaps this will help newbies get into the game.
    This is right...only noobs need bots. It's a good feature, but creating bots who actually play well and situational is very very hard...and you need to make difficulties for the bots. That takes long time...don't waste that on bots :<

Dont want crap like bots. As a long time player and customer the only thing I want is custom maps, and thats something we've all been waiting for

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Very nice to hear from you Maliken, a well needed announcement. Kep in touch with the community more often, from the right perspective it's actually quite awesome imo.

Also, nr.3 is very interesting to me as a programmer. I'm hoping for adapting AI's <3 That shiet is really difficult but awesome.
    Last edited by Rkey; 02-24-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monovax View Post
    Might be included under new content
    they would mention custom maps as a seperate point then. They will not come, ever. Forget about them. 2 maps is already too much to fix for S2

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian01 View Post
    Dont want crap like bots. As a long time player and customer the only thing I want is custom maps, and thats something we've all been waiting for
    Be careful not to speak for other players. There are however many hundred thousand of them, and one of you.

This is discounting the possible players that are currently having trouble learning the game that bots would arguably help with.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Kenhek - another Hero Suggestion | My blog! (updated 18/09/14: Why Java Ain't Bad)

Quote Originally Posted by Gorb View Post
    Be careful not to speak for other players. There are however many hundred thousand of them, and one of you.

This is discounting the possible players that are currently having trouble learning the game that bots would arguably help with.
    You'll learn much faster in no stats pub games than playing against bots that even with a LOT of work, are going to be crappy and teach you nothing.

Nearly everyone wants custom playable maps.

Would be very nice from S2 to get some South-Americans servers.
    I hope a collaboration from all players and s2 Staff.

Yeah because when custom maps were being advertised as feature way back when it was just to make a quick 30 bucks off me personally, well and smurfberrys, and everybody else...

Also though you might want to pick up some reading comprehension; 'long time players' have already learnt the game, and for those that haven't bots are not going to help them. I know you like to argue but lets be serious here please.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    @Lucian01: Custom maps are completely possible given the Map Editor.

Custom maps were never advertised as a game feature beyond the fact that they were "coming soon". Please don't criticise my reading comprehension, given that you are twisting what was said to suit your argument(s).

With regards to making money off of you, S2 appear to have done that even without your pre-purchasing. Purple name colour and an Account Icon

@smurfberrys: not everybody has a positive experience in Public no stat games, and nothing prevents people from leaving in those games (thus creating a negative game experience).

Your experience and/or views do not dictate the whole. Neither do mine, naturally, which is why I phrase my posts in such a manner that do not make the mistake of speaking for other people, or generalising and making assumptions.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

Kenhek - another Hero Suggestion | My blog! (updated 18/09/14: Why Java Ain't Bad)

adas

Fix legio first--------------------------

Account Icon
    Match Replay Search?

Something I dont understand : are the bots for learning purpose only or they will also replace a leaving/kicked player in mm games ?
    The latter would be scary imo

Quote Originally Posted by Maliken View Post
    Dear Players,

We operate HoN as a service. In doing so, we identify key areas in which we commit our efforts towards service operations. Some (not all) of these include game servers, customer support, balance changes, and content additions.

We have been spending a significant amount of time analyzing all of these categories, grading ourselves, and identify our weaknesses and ways in which we can improve. Our main priority is do a better job by finding a way to produce consistent, repeatable, excellent results across the board. We know we can be better and we WILL be better. This is and always will be a never ending task, as there is always room for improvement!

Projects we are currently working on:

1.) More consistent release of updated content within the game. These include things such as item changes, hero reworks, and replacement artwork.
    2.) More consistent release of new content. This content can include new items, game modes, maps, and mechanics.
    3.) BOTS, BOTS, BOTS! These guys have been in development for a while. There is still plenty to do, but it is important you guys know it is a priority for us! We have a special feature to our AI that we will reveal when we get closer to releasing our first iteration of bots.
    4.) Interface optimization that will reduce memory and CPU usage. We want to make the game run better on slower hardware and lower system requirements.
    5.) Improved Infrastructure for more stability in providing the online system necessary to run HoN. This is mainly behind the scenes stuff that reduces downtime. We've been spending a lot of effort here since mid last year and will continue to do so! *edit* This is done for a lot of reasons, one of which would be to stabilize XML / Replay site (that is for you Nate ).
    6.) New Patcher. This should be the final step in doing away with any issues people are having with general patching issues. We've developed a cleaner, simpler way to patch and it will also repair any issues with existing installs (so there should be significantly less reinstalling). Lastly this creates a more streamlined compatizer for watching old replays.
    7.) Bug fixes. In an ideal world we would have already squashed any bugs that have been around. Unfortunately there are bugs, and we are moving the priority level of dealing with them higher on our radar.
    8.) *edit* HoN Tour. The officially sanctioned competitive tour for the game. We're putting the finishing touches on this and are excited for it to be revealed soon (I really didn't want to say that word).

We love happy players and strive to reach higher ground day-to-day. HoN is the best multiplayer game on the market and we expect it be around for years and years to come.

I thank you all for spending your free time playing our great game and I hope to keep you entertained far into the future!

Game HoN!
    9.)and the miss flag in thew store

THANK YOU for the information. The worst thing about S2 is their PR. Just giving the community a little info every now and then goes a long way.

Maliken, i ****IN' LOVE YOU MAN!

Account Icon
    I feel honored to play HON is the best game in style, LOL is ridiculous compared to the HON, brutality, destruction, blood, the perfect system, the thrill of battle, everything is perfect in HON, I hope it continues forever so, CONGRATULATIONS!

Thumbs up

Agree 100% BOTS will help new player to don't get frustrated when try to learn the Game Mechanics/Heroes.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    That's what Practise Mode is for, right?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    well, it's more fun nuking the bots than those braindead ones in the Practise Mode :P

assuming those two are different

He said "soon"
    and HoN 3.0
    Enable Signatures back pls!!!

follow me at justin.tv/biggy_Style