Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: What S2 Is Working On

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle View Post
    You guys can give up on the online use of the map editor, god knows I have.

Game is F2P and they won't waste resources on it unless its to make a buck.

Hence the BOTS to reel in and keep new players so they can spend money.
    Oh and that dumb mentor system to help new players.
    Maybe if you would put yourself in the shoes of a newb you would understand how difficult HoN is. They cannot just play for the first time ever without getting screamed at.
    Are bots better than a bunch of <1500 players? yeah, for the most part if they are like dota bots. Will the newbs learn heroes and items by playing bots? yeah. Will the get screamed at? no. I'd rather play bots if I was a newb to HoN with no known friends who played it.
    It's like you do not want HoN to keep new players and instead you want it to die. why?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Bots.

/applause.

Bots! Fantastic.

Thanks for spoiling our surprises for 3.0.

did I read right? bots will help this game so much

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpryno View Post
    Maybe if you would put yourself in the shoes of a newb you would understand how difficult HoN is. They cannot just play for the first time ever without getting screamed at.
    Are bots better than a bunch of <1500 players? yeah, for the most part if they are like dota bots. Will the newbs learn heroes and items by playing bots? yeah. Will the get screamed at? no. I'd rather play bots if I was a newb to HoN with no known friends who played it.
    It's like you do not want HoN to keep new players and instead you want it to die. why?
    Playable custom maps/modes > Bots
    Bring in more and keep new players.

Legacy player who bought this game to play the promised by CEO/on front page maps and modes online playability, over 5v5 Forest of Caldavar 1000+ times.
    Bots do nothing for me.
    Case and point.
    Last edited by Poodle; 02-22-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Syzyty View Post
    Now that u mention it if something magically happen and the dual launcher and the better models and the effects come to live this will prob be the ultimate moba experience.

But the truth is S2 are lazy, not well payed bastards and this things will be only a dream.
    But the thing is right the end-user graphical experience you get with DX11 is achievable with DX9 (so like Gorb said DX11 isn't some magical upgrade)
    What it does provide is a more efficient backend todo it with + moving gfx out of kernelspace (into userland) as well as tessellation (but you could get the same with dx9 just overly complicated models)

DX11 is just a buzz term thrown around

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Dear Maliken,

I dont know if you will actually read this or not, but here it goes. Hopefully someone reads this.

I am now a proud owner of Dota 2 and without a doubt both games have their merits.

At the end of the day Mr Maliken, I love HoN. I have like 5000+ games played over like 10 accounts. This game was utterly amazin since 2009 closed beta (Yes a closed beta user.)

I want to keep supporting you guys and hopefully can do so, but I have a few gripes that will make my deciding factor between hon or dota2.

Namely my biggest pet peeve are the avatars. I love buying avatars, I love it because I feel unique and also love supporting you guys. But at the same time many of the recent avatars dont include a different voice set, animation pack, etc.

They are just skins. At most the skins are A.OK, nahimsayin?

The voicework and animations contribute to A LOT of the emphasis on the skins.

Without going to too much detail, just add a little more effort in to those skins. A skin is like what, 5-7 bucks? I want my moneys worth tbh.

I am ready, willing, and WAITING (a sa guy whose spent over like 300+ on hon over the years, gifting accounts, buying ea, buying coins, gifting coins, ETC ETC.)

To spend more coins, but I just want to see that effort.

You guys work hard, I am sure of it, since this game is so fun and quality, but at the same time you should acknwoledge that our gaming dollars are hard earned. Some of us dont have parents to ride off of. I am a grown man of 23 years of age, paying tuition at a college and trying to buy some coins!

EA alt avatars, need to be a lot better too.

Mr Maliken, I enjoyed the constant back and forth communitcation that we had in beta days. I remember, you remember it. Hopefully you just read this and let poor working man stiff words get to you.

I just want quality. Recent ea alt avatars, and avatars have been lacking this (I must admit the 4/5 horseman alt avatar pack is a nice direction.)

Anyways Mr Maliken, I love your game. I have never sinked this many hours in to it compared to any other game.

BTW I am drunk.

But I still love your game, its going to be hard to choose between dota 2 and hon. I just want that extra effort, extra mile.

You guys raised avatar prices, reflect that in the work of these avatars! THANKS! u da man

Quote Originally Posted by Poodle View Post
    Playable custom maps/modes > Bots
    Bring in more and keep new players.

Legacy player who bought this game to play the promised by CEO/on front page maps and modes online playability, over 5v5 Forest of Caldavar 1000+ times.
    Bots do nothing for me.
    Case and point.
    Then don't play with the bots then and don't complain about them being added into the game. A lot of us requested bots simply because they are useful to newbies and fun to mess around with. Anyways, there's so much S2 can work on at a time so calm your balls.

All this info the Maliken released is enough off our surprises for 3.0

holy **** i wrote like a college thesis. god dayhm mayn.

drunk as fawkkkk but still Malikemn my feelings are true. I love u and I love this game. Love us back!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    ^ I'd love to be on the thesis board to turn your essay down!

On topic: BOTSBOTSBOTSBOTSBOTS!

This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper.

Whiners

Jeeze how many f*%$in whiners are there here; he gives us a great outline of what S2 is doing for us and so many sh*tkickers just use it to complain more.... shouldn't be surprised tho (i do play this game)

Thanks for the update Maliken, looking forward to it all, especially BOTS

HON Speed

Oh, and although I have just upgraded my comp; (after experiencing 10fps teamfights)

Speeding up things for lower hardware! NICE

Add an interactive bullet-proof tutorial too that every new account has too go through.

This will also prevent people from making smurf accounts cause everyone hates repeating tutorials.

Also, you should stop implementing new heroes since no sane person wants you to keep adding heroes at this pace and because it makes the game harder for newbies.
    Gooby pls...

bots? ha you should work on a new engine
    hon looks so obsolete compared to dota2 no offense but is the truth

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCraft View Post
    Matter of opinion. Personally I can't stand DOTA2's drab muddy clay look

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by J0N_J3TT View Post

Jeeze how many f*%$in whiners are there here; he gives us a great outline of what S2 is doing for us and so many sh*tkickers just use it to complain more.... shouldn't be surprised tho (i do play this game)

Thanks for the update Maliken, looking forward to it all, especially BOTS

A great outline of what S2 is "doing for us"? Everything on that list is the crap they do all the time, and have always been "working on". The only news here is bots.
    Pretending this is some sort of transparency with the community is lunacy.
    ---There are tanks in HoN | BDing is legit | LoL has overtaken WoW as most played game ---
    --> Your argument is invalid <--

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCraft View Post
    do you even know what engine even is ? lol

Can't we get cheaper silver skins? It's just ridiculous to grind 3k silver just to get 1 nice skin. Give us more content to buy for our silver, it's nice and all that you give us allot of skins like you have been doing the past months but we can't use our silver for thous (except the polly skin which was nice to see again ).
    Atm some of us just grinds and grinds until we get that 3k skin but then we realize that it probably wasn't worth grinding games for. It doesn't feel rewarding playing your game atm imo. Sure we grinded for skins back in the days too but at least it wasn't 3 freaking K silver.