Thread: [2.5.11]Bound Eye

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 101
  1. #41
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Z00lander View Post
    I do not see much of a problem from the item since it is equally viable for both teams. Seems to me like a similar situation with Sol's Bulwark. The team that capitalizes on counter-warding first should reap a benefit from the new edge, while the opposite team should quickly buy an eye to get on the same footing. ex. Their carry is farming well so lets gank him -> they are counter warding us so lets do something. I blame a team instead of the item for watching as they are being outplayed.
    With that logic every single item is balanced, no matter what it does and how OP it is because both teams can get it.
    RIP in Pepperonis m8
    I cry evertim

    //Greger af Moek de la Hoek from Soek in Roek

  2. #42
    One thing I have not seen directly mentioned is Bound Eye's effect on game length.

    Removing wards from the map allows your gankers to gank, which helps kill farming heroes. By doing this you are able to keep games shorter than farmfests.

    Item is fine as it is for almost every hero ( bar and ); these 2 heroes could use a slight vision nerf (they are top tier bans right now because of it). Eye should have no ownership when it is first bought to prevent the itemdrop locking, it's fairly obvious that that is an unneeded abuse of a mechanic
    Last edited by Kunkka; 02-21-2012 at 01:49 PM.

  3. #43
    I'd just like to add that it's not at all correct to state that Bound Eye completely counters Scout, specifically.

    It completely counters Night Hound since all his invisibility spell does is grant invisibility, which doesn't allow the hero to play as a scout for ganks, or roam, or simply act illusive at times with hitting and running in risky situations thanks to his guaranteed invisibility.

    On the other hand, Scout's invisibility comes with a big movespeed boost AND a steroid aspect, obviously his very high attack speed boost when coming out of Vanish. Sure it takes some potential from Scout, aka scouting like Night Hound is meant to do, but he sure can perform effectively even when revealed since he will still move fast and have very high attack speed to unload.

  4. #44
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnbringer View Post
    Bound eye on Tundra.

    700 gold and you have completely shut down enemy wards and as a result their map awareness. That is a huge thing. Is the item too strong? Personally, I feel a few nerfs wouldn't go amiss, on certain heroes the item is INCREDIBLY strong.
    That is dealing with the actual problem in an indirect manner. If Tundra, Fayde, EW etc use Bound Eye to its maximum potential. Then perhaps the problem is with them and not Bound Eye.

    I have said this again, Bound Eye being a problem simply indicates this game has some absurd clear-vision on heroes.
    Every hero below has one or more new ability effects, Check them out:
    FESTER: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?492343
    FRIGID: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?488679
    FAITH: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?456864
    FANGHORN: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?487251
    FAUST: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?487077
    FENDER: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?453333

  5. #45
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    79
    The item is pretty much just as big a problem on teams that have no clearvision hero, so I don't get your point.

  6. #46
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    14,265
    Quote Originally Posted by foxmindedguy View Post
    That is dealing with the actual problem in an indirect manner. If Tundra, Fayde, EW etc use Bound Eye to its maximum potential. Then perhaps the problem is with them and not Bound Eye.

    I have said this again, Bound Eye being a problem simply indicates this game has some absurd clear-vision on heroes.
    Or we address items that make certain mechanics broken, reducing limitations you want to put on design. Also it's not just those heroes that abuse it. Courier work just as well.
    And yes, Eye is the problem.

    Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

    Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

    -----------------------------


  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Or we address items that make certain mechanics broken, reducing limitations you want to put on design. Also it's not just those heroes that abuse it. Courier work just as well.
    And yes, Eye is the problem.
    or we dont make conclusions based on nothing, what competitive game you are talking about where eye was abused so hard?
    Eye does not make anything broken, it just counters, in pretty limited area.

  8. #48
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,043
    When was the last game you didn't see Eye picked up?
    RIP in Pepperonis m8
    I cry evertim

    //Greger af Moek de la Hoek from Soek in Roek

  9. #49
    when was the last game you didnt see boots picked up?

  10. #50
    Why not make eye have an active ability, 10 seconds of true sight, 45 sec ccd or something like that. That way you can't just stroll around the map clearing wards, you have to put some thought into where you want to activate it. And it definitely should not be usable on courier.

  11. #51
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    14,265
    Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    when was the last game you didnt see boots picked up?
    So you're trying to put Eye on a level with Boots and say it's not OP :/

    Edit:

    http://www.gamereplays.org/heroesofn...streams/h4nn1/

    Currently fnatic without wards because of Tundra with Eye and getting ganked everywhere because they have no vision.
    Last edited by Skyve; 02-21-2012 at 05:20 PM.

    Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

    Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

    -----------------------------


  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    So you're trying to put Eye on a level with Boots and say it's not OP :/

    Edit:

    http://www.gamereplays.org/heroesofn...streams/h4nn1/

    Currently fnatic without wards because of Tundra with Eye and getting ganked everywhere because they have no vision.
    i see, 0/5 tremble, 0/9 monarch, it was surely gem that lost them the game.

  13. #53
    Not having map vision at all was a big part in that, fool, that's what Skyve is getting across.

  14. #54
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    14,265
    Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    i see, 0/5 tremble, 0/9 monarch, it was surely gem that lost them the game.
    The gem prevented them from ever recovering anything, because that's kinda what not having vision does to you.

    Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

    Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

    -----------------------------


  15. #55
    People keep saying "what if a team loses a teamfight and they get counterwarded?"

    Well, let's see. The other team bought an eye. If you kill that eye carrier, he's boned and out 700 gold. Somehow, you didn't kill him. They WIPE your team and keep the eye, while one of their heroes is missing an entire item slot.

    You're punishing good play. If someone invested into 700 gold, he should get the free counter-warding.

    Just make it so courier can't pick up eye and it's balanced.
    <Vahn> Well I actually have no idea on anakha's gender

  16. #56
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    14,265
    The other team bought an eye. If you kill that eye carrier, he's boned and out 700 gold.
    No, he's not. You have to pick it up first. Chances are when you die you're closer to an ally than an enemy, and he picks it up for you. Happens incredibly often.
    Which is why I suggested making it so you can't pick up an eye for some time after the owner died - that allows for teams to kill the carrier in a teamfight and disable it for the time being, and then the winner of the fight gets the eye.
    Perfect way to do this would be to disallow the pick-up until only heroes of one team (or no heroes at all) are in X range of the eye (~900 would be good).
    That way you always get rewarded for killing the carrier, but the pick-up of the item is "less random" (I mean really, h4nn1 could have lived in that last fight if he wasn't an idiot and picked up the eye before using steambath).

    Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

    Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

    -----------------------------


  17. #57
    Online
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In the now
    Posts
    13,930
    I'm in the crowd of preventing minions/courier from picking up Bound Eye. On a hero it seems perfectly acceptable given that

    • it can't be sold
    • it gives no stats
    • it drops on death (where not only can it be destroyed but it can be used by the other team)

    I don't think I've seen a comprehensive argument as to why the Eye is too strong beyond the fact you can put it on a courier.

    Comparisons with heroes like Tundra are not the point, because Tundra's minions are their own balance problem.

    Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

    Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

    -----------------------------

    Kenhek - another Hero Suggestion | My blog! (updated 18/09/14: Why Java Ain't Bad)

  18. #58
    Offline
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Austria, Vienna
    Posts
    14,265
    Comparisons with heroes like Tundra are not the point, because Tundra's minions are their own balance problem.
    The interaction of clearvision with certain items is the balance problem here.
    Considering Puzzlebox is fine though (now just in terms of abuseability on heroes like Tundra/Fayde/EW and other heroes with clearvision), I'd say the problem lies more with the Eye and how cheap it is.

    Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

    Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

    -----------------------------


  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by foxmindedguy View Post
    I have said this again, Bound Eye being a problem simply indicates this game has some absurd clear-vision on heroes.
    Flying courier.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    i see, 0/5 tremble, 0/9 monarch, it was surely gem that lost them the game.
    You appear to have confused cause and effect. While it may be trivial to observe, the reason those heroes were doing badly was because the other team had bound eye, and so yes, it was definitely bound eye that lost them that game, as they couldn't move safely around the map at any point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •