Yes, but I don't like some of your ideas
No, and i'll explain you why
This is a republication of an old thread, written by "Kwazorn" who is now inactive, about improved clan management. This has now been reworked, since another dude "BeAsT2k" had some amazing ideas to add to mine, so we brought our heads together and made a brand new introduction to our suggestion. Hope you like it!
What is this suggestion about?More detailed Presentation:
Every clan member or leader in Heroes of Newerth has to agree on our problem with the current clan management, because (no offense s2) the options for your clan in the game are so limited and due to lack of better words the current clan system is CRAP. So our main idea is to enhance this part of the game to encourage the community to put more work into the clans and all work together on a much more enjoyable and peaceful Heroes of Newerth experience. This suggestion/idea is brought to you by Speedy1 & Kwazorn & BeAsT2k.
Why are we talking about enjoyable and peaceful?
The biggest reason why we think this would make HoN a better place is that with our new features we would provide some kind of desire to be in a clan. This desire would lead to:
What exactly do we have in mind to make this "dream" come true?
- 1. Better behavior of most players (they want to get into a clan or don’t want to get kicked from a clan better manners and less insults on other players)
- 2. There would be a higher corporate feeling because new teams would rise and they want to play the game together in order to win awards … get achievements … get new stuff you only can get while playing in a clan
- 3. With a new and fresh style of ingame clan management people would start enjoying spending their free time in the clan section. Chatting with other clan members, signing up for upcoming events, challenging other clans for team coins and all in all just provide more entertainment for the community.
- 4. Every clan leader or officer who is willing to invest time in Heroes of Newerth in order to do something good for his team is forced to start like 3rd party clan forums, websites and has to spend a lot of time to organize things which could be done in just few steps with our new clan manager.
- We are talking about an ingame clan page similar to a website with different segments being available for public, members only or leaders only.
- Public clan page
- Clan News
- Recruitment Info
- Upcoming events
- Challenge the clan
- Check out Members Page
- List of players
- Rank of players
- Region of players
- Information about specific players
- Clan Squads info (Squads are preset teams inside the clan)
- Members Only Page
- Members can hang out together
- Plan upcoming events
- Talk over strategies
- Form new Squads
- Add Information about yourself
- Leaders/Officers Page
- Manage clan Members
- Change rank
- Post news, information about the clan
- Post news only visible for members
- Arrange upcoming events
- “Clan Mailbox”
- Recruitment mails (In mailbox)
- Challenges (In mailbox)
- This “website” is going to be a preset page which can be filled with content by the clan leaders and customized by all kinds of cosmetics in a clan shop which also contains cosmetics for ingame play as long as you are playing with 5clan members.
- Clan shop
- Cosmetics for clan page (background, clan symbols icons … , special heroes of newerth “fonts”
- Cosmetics for ingame (only active if 5clan members are playing together and of course if they want to have them active)
- Custom buildings for your side (legion/hellbourne)
- Custom trees for your side
DescriptionClan Shop & Special Coins
- The first idea to improve clan management overall, is to have a special "clan page" dedicated to the clan itself. It works pretty much like a mini-ingame-website. You can access it by clicking the "Go to clan page" in the specific clan channel, or by opening up the Clan stats page and fetch/search the name of a clan, or see the list of current top tier ones (ladder). This page will have multiple features, and add a whole bunch of options and flexible stuff to the members,leaders, and officers of the clan.
In the public section we would like to see mainly three things which are:
- Public News
- The option to “challenge” the clan
- The option to fill out recruitment formula (if the clan is looking for new teammates)
This section is about displaying the members and the clan squads and even though its called “members section” its open for public.
Private Clan Section
In the private clan section we thought about having all kinds of different things that could be useful:
- Member News
- Closed clan chat channel
- Member Posts (maybe even something like a ingame mailbox for the members)
- Info Page about Members (you could put in information like skype account, icq, msn, place where you live, preferred communication platform …)
- Clan calendar (sign for events, appointments, clan trainings)
DescriptionHey guys we finally got something for you to visualize what we are talking about.
This is one of the “awards” a clan could get and its one of the things that come to your mind very fast but to figure out how it exactly works is a lot tougher because we already got many replies and post about how they could be achieved and how they could be used.
One thing we agree 100% on is that the clan coins are achieved by playing together with a total of 5teammates in matchmaking games and in clan challenges and they can only be used to buy things for the CLAN and will NEVER be allowed to get passed to a clan member because he wants to buy something in the shop. S2 stated that no player to player or clan to player coin transfers will be allowed.
The coins you earn are a special CLAN credit, wich has nothing to do with individual silver/gold coins.
As we said the clan coins can be earned doing one of the two things:
- Play Matchmaking games with 5 Players in your clan
- Play challenges against other clans for an amount of coins the two teams have to agree on before they start the game
This is where it gets tough. Because we now talked about how cool it would be to get the clan coins to encourage the players to play in clans and be active for the clan and get a good “team experience”. But what do we use the coins for? Yes I know everyone can think about a couple of nice things to buy for your clan, but is it really enough? I would say the community should step up here and show their creativity to give S2 a lot of ideas to work with on this project.
Suggestions for using clan coins:
- Clan page cosmetics (background pictures, clan symbols, clan icons, clan page fonts)
- Ingame team cosmetics (Legion/Hellbourne custom base models, custom trees for your side, special killstreak chat messages …)
- Challenge other clans: Do you think your team is better than another team? Then go challenge them for 20coins? 50coins? 100coins? Choose for yourself how much risk you and your teammates want to take…Note: This was only a small additional idea to see if it has any paths to go, otherwise forget we mentioned this on.
We have to be clear here:
The only reason why we sat down and worked hours on this project is our community.
- This is not how it HAS TO LOOK
- We dont say this is the best way to do it
- We dont say all these things HAVE TO BE implemented
We really want to get this idea going because we think only good will come out of it.
We are sorry in advance for being really bad with photoshop :P
Pls dont judge our Photoshop skills ... judge our ideas and pls vote if you like it
Thank you all
Public clan page:
Check out Members page:
Members only page:
please forgive us (its under construction but we had to upload something it took way too long)
Squad matchmaking button:
Very well put together suggestion, and an excellant idea that would greatly benefit the Clan community.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
Excellent work guys! This idea must get implemented.
So far one of the best suggestions which can, and I hope WILL improve HoN alot!
It's true that the clan management section in this game sucks. I wholeheartedly agree with every thing you've suggested, though I'm not too sure casual players would bother to fill out the "about me" section or even take a second glance at upcoming events and the likes of it.
Still a great suggestion which will definitely move HoN forwards in terms of shaping up its lackluster clan management in becoming more involved with the clan community.
Game Masters are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.
The forums are NOT for reporting players. If you wish to report a player, please use the in-game R.A.P. Function.
The person who votes for No, didnt read the suggestion, or is just trolling.
Amazing job, this is definitely something that SHOULD be implemented, imo.
+1 from me. I really like the fact that you could be able to browse clans and apply to them.
40 votes. Keep them votes coming
Nice job speedy, I voted. I hate that the clan management is so limited.
Thanks almost 50 votes!
last bump for today, sleep tight everyone
1st bump of the day and no votes