Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: The Horsemen are Coming!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fattyfat View Post
    "Come on out and spend 30+ dollars to update the look of 4 heroes in this game"
    Lol, or just get a mod or change the game files and you can have any skin ju like and you will save 30+ dollars or more

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by sefan View Post
    Lol, or just get a mod or change the game files and you can have any skin ju like and you will save 30+ dollars or more
    Yeah let's get that mod.. It's so cool to have whatever alt avatar you want, showned at YOUR OWN screen. Geez..
    Just to give you a little clue

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I bought him and i did not get the symbol.

Fix for the symbol please

Based on the art in the newsletter email: http://postimage.org/image/den8e2qvf/

Pestilence = Slither (he's green on the artwork)
    Famine = Balphagore (mouth in belly)/Devourer(fits Famine, matching skin color)
    Death/Conquest = Rampage (He is riding a skeletal UNICORN and has a BIG WEAPON)
    Last edited by Kurczak; 02-07-2012 at 08:56 AM.

I really, really have to do this...

1And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. 2And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

3And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. 4And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

5And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. 6And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

7And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

http://kingjbible.com/revelation/6.htm

Conquest, War, Famine & Death. "Pestilence" comes from a translation error which replaces,
    "to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."
    with
    "to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth."
    Which may be due to the strange nature of "to kill with death".

Get your facts straight, you don't have to like the Bible(especially not the parts without Jesus, who is the only reasonable character in the whole book) but don't spread ignorance by messing up the truth - Yes I'm looking at you S2!

But as to speculate which heroes will be getting which avatars...
    Pestilence: Plague Rider(makes the most sense), Parasite(makes remote sense), Slither(makes a little sense even though poison != pestilence) Pestilence(makes no sense, but the name matches)
    Famine: Vindicator(is honestly the closest biblical match there is), Dampeer/Predator/Blood Hunter(make remote but not really biblical sense), Devourer(is a very hungry dude)
    Death: Soul Reaper(a clear fit), Hellbringer(makes very little sense)
    Conquest: Maliken(makes the most sense both biblically, lore- and ability-wise)

//Dreadheart

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadheart View Post
    I really, really have to do this...

1And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. 2And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

3And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. 4And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

5And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. 6And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

7And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

http://kingjbible.com/revelation/6.htm

Conquest, War, Famine & Death. "Pestilence" comes from a translation error which replaces,
    "to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth."
    with
    "to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by the wild beasts of the earth."
    Which may be due to the strange nature of "to kill with death".

Get your facts straight, you don't have to like the Bible(especially not the parts without Jesus, who is the only reasonable character in the whole book) but don't spread ignorance by messing up the truth - Yes I'm looking at you S2!

But as to speculate which heroes will be getting which avatars...
    Pestilence: Plague Rider(makes the most sense), Parasite(makes remote sense), Slither(makes a little sense even though poison != pestilence) Pestilence(makes no sense, but the name matches)
    Famine: Vindicator(is honestly the closest biblical match there is), Dampeer/Predator/Blood Hunter(make remote but not really biblical sense), Devourer(is a very hungry dude)
    Death: Soul Reaper(a clear fit), Hellbringer(makes very little sense)
    Conquest: Maliken(makes the most sense both biblically, lore- and ability-wise)

//Dreadheart
    I agree with you that Pestilence and Death are actually the same horseman and Conquest is one of the 4, however considering this mistake has been embraced by popular culture since the inception of television, you can't really blame S2 for making this mistake too.

Besides, this way you get 5 heroes for a full apocalypse line up.
    Last edited by Jareth; 02-07-2012 at 09:17 AM.
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why people appear to be bright...until you hear them speak.

so Xanderk, Any Sneak Peek on Horseman Pestilence??

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Nah... too much money, thanks.

Anyone remember this old plague rider concept art? I'm just sayin...

War-Warbeast
    Pestilence- Pesti?
    Famine- Hammerstorm *hes always starving for mana*
    Death- Soulstealer *he already has a mounted form*
    5th Rider- Chipprel for the luls =P

just my guesses =P

It's pretty obvious...

War:
    Pestilence:
    Famine:
    Death:
    Conquest:

Warbeast... War, so that's a no brainer.
    Pestilence... Pestilence, another no brainer.
    Famine... Devourer fits the role because he's always hungry.
    Death... Maliken fits because he pretty much destroys everything when he transforms into the demon that he is.
    Conquest... Rampage seems to fit the role because he's always on the move, traveling across the map ganking.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Driziationz View Post
    so Xanderk, Any Sneak Peek on Horseman Pestilence??
    http://postimage.org/image/den8e2qvf/

here you have them (or in your mail)

Top Right corner = War
    Top Left corner = Pestilence
    Left Side = Famine
    Mid = Death

Congrats to Horseman Conquest,which will be priced at 1560 Gold Coins which means = 26 Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghettix View Post
    Why all alt avatars cost so ****ing much. 10 dollars for a changed appereance of a single hero.... I bought BF3 for 20 euros, sheesh.
    And you spend 10 euros on a 2 hour film.(I have no idea how much it actually is in Europe, but I assume 10 is solid for ticket+popcorn/snacks/drink)

How many hours do you have clocked on HoN?

more caries picked in ap. gg

Quote Originally Posted by Jareth View Post
    I agree with you that Pestilence and Death are actually the same horseman and Conquest is one of the 4, however considering this mistake has been embraced by popular culture since the inception of television, you can't really blame S2 for making this mistake too.

Besides, this way you get 5 heroes for a full apocalypse line up.
    More importantly, why does it matter? Biblical things have to be interpreted to the letter? What about the part about stoning gays?

Pestilence being a horseman is a popular concept and there is nothing wrong with using it for a HoN avatar. There is no mistake being made. Bring your rabble rabble and torches elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Miveal View Post
    Another overpriced alts on the way.

I pass.
    Agree

The 5th horseman better be Kaos...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Team with 5 horsemen will be sweet.

Well the bible writers should revise their work. Death, war, famine and pestilence/plague are disasters, conquest is cool and hype. It has nothing to do with the others.

Stupid superheroes comic book authors who can't get their facts rights