Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: The Horsemen are Coming!

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Account Icon

The Horsemen are Coming!

Newerth is being assaulted by the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse!

In a month long event, we will release an avatar for one of the Horsemen every Tuesday throughout February. Each will be priced as a standard premium avatar and includes new voices, animations, and models plus they will each include their symbols for the first three days they are available. The Horsemen are NOT limited edition and will be available from this point on.

There are Four Horsemen that you will be able to purchase!

Horseman War : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pIYpbCiY4Y

Horseman Pestilence: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU41hg6enyI

Horseman Famine : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecFOEF8AE2Y

Horseman Death: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afRs77sOwe4

Now here is where it gets exciting!

Like many of you have speculated, there will be a fifth Horseman available as well...

Horseman Conquest!

This Horseman is ONLY available to those of you that purchase all of the Four Horseman of the Apocalypse and will be available at NO COST once you have completed your collection!

Now that you know what's coming, here is a little taste of how and why the Horsemen are making their way to Newerth:

The Hellbourne General uttered a curse.

Legion scum!

There, sitting in his chambers, he plotted. Anguished cries could be heard from the heroes and soldiers who were being tortured and devoured by his minions. His nostrils were full of the sulfuric scent of the surrounding fire pits but he had not yet tasted the blood of his foes. The Legion cause still burned brightly.

Tormented by this, the General poured over ancient tomes in search of an answer. He searched for power- pure and simple. A new way to bring judgment and despair upon the world of men and beasts and finally bring his foes to their knees.

And then he found it.

A whisper on a page. Hardly a footnote.

A passing mention of an ancient ritual to return to the world the most vile and evil beings to ever grace it. The General laughed, licked his parched lips with glee and continued reading. Their defeat was near. He could almost taste it. But not yet. Preparations must be made.

First, he needed the blood of an innocent, an easy enough task. But thing got trickier. The ritual also demanded the horn of a corrupted unicorn, a thousand maggots from the corpse of a Landshark and the fiery breath of a stillborn dragon. Acquiring these were a challenge for the General but he accomplished the task and created the summoning circle needed to bring them back. To return to Newerth, the Lost Riders.

He finally began the incantation with four of his most trusted lieutenants serving as vessels for the oncoming evils. He could feel the Apocalypse nearing and knew that his dark desires were finally coming to fruition.

Soon, a dark void opened at the center of the circle and from the cold came the first rider. Sheathed in flames and wielding a mighty blade, he cut down the first soldier where he stood and bathed in his blood - War had arrived in Newerth.

Close behind was a second rider and as he came forth, the thousand maggots roared to life and consumed the second warrior, filling the hall with screams of agony. Pestilence remained where once the warrior stood.

The other lieutenants, realizing that they were actually the final sacrifices, tried to flee the gruesome scene. But the General would not allow it. He threw his cursed sword, which cut down his cowardly lieutenants. One turned in time to see the maw of Famine consume him, turning his once full frame into an emaciated husk in seconds.
    The last soldier grunted defiantly as he sat himself up, bleeding profusely from where his strong legs once were. He never saw his killer. The creeping shadow of Death was swift and the Pale Rider suddenly stood over a lifeless corpse.

The Four Horsemen, together again at last, turned towards the mortal that had dared to summon them from their eternal duties. Their weapons at the ready, they approached the General but stopped when they saw what he held in his hand.

"The tear of a father without remorse," the General chuckled as he held the vial aloft and crushed it in his ironclad hand.

The tear fell to the ground and from the spot rose a great rider in white, bow in hand. Then, in a flash, the General swung his sword. Before the rider could act, the blade sliced cleanly through a gap in his armor. The great bow fell to his feet, split in half.

Immediately, there was burst of light as the power of the rider coursed through the blade of the General. The hall shook and the cursed riders watched as their former leader vanished. Newly empowered, the General took up the deceased Horseman's armor. He had just done the impossible. No mortal had ever harmed one of the great Harbingers of Destruction. As he placed the last of the rider's armor on himself, the General pulled himself atop the steed of the fallen Horseman.

"Horsemen! You will now all pay tribute to me as your new master," shouted the General.

His Hellforged blade glistened red with blood and the Riders bent their knees. Each offered a token of their loyalty to their new lord: a small seed of their power.

"Come now," said Conquest, "Let us bring judgment down upon our enemies. When we finish only the worthy will remain!"

And so the Horsemen rode into the night. Half a world away, the very roots of the World Tree creaked as the impeding Apocalypse approached. It would take great heroes to stop the utter annihilation of Newerth. A desperate call went out... will you answer?

So get ready to spread some mayhem and destruction as the Horsemen ride into Newerth!

Your game may never be the same again!
    Last edited by xanderK; 03-09-2012 at 02:26 PM.

Account Icon
    So what if we wait 6 months can we still get the 5th horseman

First :P

Will there be a bundle in 4 weeks? I don't wanna buy them now and then see a bundle.

Anymore details you guys can offer? Do I have to buy them during their respective weeks? etc?

Thank You in Advance.

wb pleas e

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleBasas View Post
    Will there be a bundle in 4 weeks? I don't wanna buy them now and then see a bundle.

Anymore details you guys can offer? Do I have to buy them during their respective weeks? etc?

Thank You in Advance.
    If you buy them early you get the symbol (don't really care about it)

I care more about that fifth horseman and if we can get him later once the other horsemen eventually go on sale

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by KitsuneFire View Post
    So what if we wait 6 months can we still get the 5th horseman
    Once an Alt Avatar from this promotion has been released, it will be purchasable indefinitely. You can purchase at your own rate, if you would prefer, and still take advantage of the promotion. As long as you purchase all four Alt Avatars, the fifth will be unlocked.

There may be a bundle in the future, however, we have no plans of punishing early adopters of this promotion. A bundle of these 5 Alt Avatars will be packaged and priced the same as if you purchased each by itself. This bundle wont be made available until each Alt Avatar has been released, so you'll have to wait until the end of February to pick up everything at once.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    So, if this is going to cost as a regular premium, when are you going to lower the cost again at a REGULAR avatar?
    Just to give you a little clue

Thank You in Advance.
    Uhh I wouldn't worry about that, like anyone has EVER bought an S2 bundle

Quote Originally Posted by Tastymix View Post
    So, if this is going to cost as a regular premium, when are you going to lower the cost again at a REGULAR avatar?
    Regular avatars are finished, it will never go to a f2p price and I highly doubt a regular alt avatar will ever come out again. That old Polywog doesn't count because it is a total rip as it didn't have the old animations
    Last edited by Dragol; 02-07-2012 at 02:54 AM.
    Please support my Roman Legionnaire alt avatar suggestion http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=382134

1560 G for 5 alts? so $30 USD... OMG...

So i get EA for less gold than alts now?

EA = 350 G
    The new alt = 390 G

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    sounds good i just hope they dont all look exactly the same with differen colours...

sure they will all b on horses but i wanna see something other then a knight riding them.

will still buy them all anyway. just saying dont b dicks about it S2

lucky #13th post
    inb4 infraction point

Another overpriced alts on the way.

I pass.
    http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/hero/Miveal/Gharbad/

Gharbad from Diablo 1 is back, as completly new hero

Meh, I expected some sort of new game mode, maybe a zombie apocalypse map or some player event. Alt avatars are great, don't get me wrong, but it would be nice with something more.

EDIT: What I'm saying is that it would be nice with some sort of different game type, like the custom games in Starcrat 2 where you can go if you are tired of the ladder. A tower defense, survival map, etc.
    Last edited by krillian; 02-07-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miveal View Post
    Another overpriced alts on the way.

I pass.
    I do really like the stuff in the store and everytime I'm tempted to buy it I think to myself.. This is the same price as a new release indie game on Steam, how much enjoyment will I get out of this. Probably not much
    Please support my Roman Legionnaire alt avatar suggestion http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=382134

I dont quite understand this, what hero are the horsemen avatars for? Will there be a new horseman hero and 5 different avatars or? :S:S :S Haha, please explain to me haaaaaalp
    I dont always help noobs, but when I do, I die.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The last one will be Alt for Maliken ?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3quenZ View Post
    I dont quite understand this, what hero are the horsemen avatars for? Will there be a new horseman hero and 5 different avatars or? :S:S :S Haha, please explain to me haaaaaalp
    the first horseman is alt for Warbeast
    every other horsemen will be alt for another hero

The warbeast avatar is awesome! cant wait too see the next one, also hoping for maliken as 5th ;D

Whichever way you see this promotion, I think we all have to admit that a team using all 5 of these avatars at once would be legendary.

I wonder if they'll make a good team. Having warbeast right off the bat already severely limits the remaining options if we want a passable team though.

Soul reapers alt is already a horsemen and he is one of the heroes most suited to having a horseman alt.

I hope we don't get a rehash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceriss View Post
    the first horseman is alt for Warbeast
    every other horsemen will be alt for another hero
    Oh yeah I noticed that now in the movie! :P Thx!
    I dont always help noobs, but when I do, I die.