Thread: Making a hero as a group [2/4 done]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Give him a passive that makes his cooldowns reduce quicker the more corruption he has close to himself, for that exponential spread.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Maybe corrupted ground could spawn small blight elementals that get spawned by an enemy being in the corruption for too long. And after they have been spawned, they get stronger and stronger the longer they keep in the corruption?

When an enemy remains 2 seconds in the corrupted ground (which deals a tiny DoT and % slow), a blight elemental will spawn and attack that hero only. When the elemental stays in the corruption for another 3 seconds, it will explode dealing some magic damage in a big radius, inflicting corruption in that radius.

This will mean, that if you stay in the corruption, you will spawn a add that if still in the corruption will spread even more corruption after 3 seconds. If you get what i mean.

Conversion
    Target Non-Hero Unit / Tree

-Turns targeted unit into a tree that is under your control or take command of a tree, this counts as killing the unit giving gold and experience, but a tree will remain with any affects that it had before (such as skill1).

-Currupted "tree" can be moved (movespeed 275) has an infinite duration and counts as a tree for the purposes of all mechanics but is actually a controlled unit by the Hero.

What we do from here depends on where we can take it, I like the idea of having it explode but that seems to obvious, it could provide an aura of sorts, such as cursed ground and or some other effect.

----

another skill idea is that cursed ground is a passive skill with 5 levels that has a starting level 0 like Master of Arms, an aura around the hero normally that has a negative effect but other skills will have this effect applied elsewhere

I'll elaborate more a bit later I need to pack up and leave where I currently am.

loving the idea so far though and I've always liked tree mechanics

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Sooooo... Has this thread gone dead or will it be used for the future? Did S2 give you permission to design a hero or something Drasha?

Who knows? I don't want to really contribute anything more to my own idea, so....

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Elune_ View Post
    Sooooo... Has this thread gone dead or will it be used for the future? Did S2 give you permission to design a hero or something Drasha?
    Its supposed to be strictly for fun. Unfortunately people keep throwing out ideas without building on the last persons; and it must make it a nightmare to sift through.

I've had success with this type of game on MTG Salvation, and I figured I could try to copy its mechanics here... but maybe it didn't turn out as constructive as I thought.
    I am the beast, the defiler, the source of all pain.
    The darkness will cover the lands once again.
    So make peace with whatever it is the gods worship, the end has come.

Account Icon
    Why not have trees become corrupted and fight for you?

I personally think the theme doesn't work, since is just as much forest corruption as this hero idea. Try putting more spacifics on what you are looking for.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by IsmaelVera View Post
    Why not have trees become corrupted and fight for you?

I personally think the theme doesn't work, since is just as much forest corruption as this hero idea. Try putting more spacifics on what you are looking for.
    Drasha's running the compilation of this thread.

Though, I think that corruption and blight are different than Deadwood. He is simply reanimated, not "corrupt".

Going by that, almost any Hellbourne hero is a "corruption" of something sacred in Sol.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    on the topic of theme kotf uses the strength of living trees, deadwood doesn't care about the lives of trees, and infection cares about corrupting the trees.

Its not that its hard to read through i just didn't see any ideas i really liked as was waiting hoping some one posted one. I took your first suggestion and tweeked what it does a bit.

It can still be tweeked or changed but i would like to see some more skills building off what i have. So far the heroes looking like a strong area control hero who wants to play defensive.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Im doing an initiator hero...and for this infection hero I would give him a semi-blink, to combo with the explosion. Like to set a really good trap, place the infection on tree, the enemy pass nearby and explode it, dealing a huge damage and slow on him, you use a blink to catch the hero that was caught by the explosion. Like:

Swam flight:

Transform the hero into a swam cloud, and travels really fast to the target position, dealing damage, reducing armor and maybe a mini stun/silence/slow

Thanks Lhune!

Sorry for my bad English!

Account Icon
    For his ultimate how about he summons a Legion/Hellbourne tower kinda building?

/\ That would be awsome, with some trees around maybe? The tower could be some like a infected tower, with some poisonous gas etc

Thanks Lhune!

Sorry for my bad English!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Too help my previous idea, i dont feel like his current trail ability is any interesting at all. As said in my other post

When an enemy remains 2 seconds in the corrupted ground (which deals a tiny DoT and % slow), a blight elemental will spawn and attack that hero only. When the elemental stays in the corruption for another 3 seconds, it will explode dealing some magic damage in a big radius, inflicting corruption in that radius.
    At least make it a little bit more interesting.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I feel that his current W ability seems to be too much like Draconis' Fire Flight move. Having it spawn little corrupted minions would be pretty cool.

Basically the idea of a spawning minion that gets bigger and bigger until it bursts.

Concept: Utilize the trail to section off areas and to force people to move in directions you want and into places you want (combos with the Q to an extent). People who disregard the corrupted land get punished for it.

I don't like a slow on an AoE like that, I personally would prefer the hero to have the option of utilizing it, making it a risk reward situation and forcing them to make the decision. Having a slow on it makes the decision far too easy IMO. Having the blight elemental follow whoever is on the ground and attacking ensures that people who leave won't want to go back and having multiple people walking the corrupted ground at the same time will create too many explosive monsters and can potentially add too much damage (through the AoE self-destruct).

An AoE aura or cast ability that slows/decays everything in its range.

The affects are:

1) Slows - cast time, movement speed and slows attack speed (including neutral, creeps and towers).

2) Decays - reduces physical and magical armour for units and for buildings.

The percentages would be low as the point is that it takes effect over time.

Hero (Infection) is unaffected. You could have the effects reversed on him (increased attack speed, movement speed and armour.

His ultimate accelerates the rate of decay/slow as an aura around him. It also causes all corrupted trees to explode and increases the effects of the corruption. This makes this passive or cast ability more powerful for a short duration (10-15 seconds?)

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I have an idea that i think could qualify and fitin quite nicely to his skillset. Now note, that this is a ultimate.

Blightened world

Infection charges for 1 second, then to release his blight into the heart of Newerth for a few seconds. This will then slow, reduce maximum health and damage any enemy on the map, dealing additional damage over time if the target is standing on infected ground.

Infection channels for 1 second. After the one second, it will take another 2 seconds for the blight to arrive. The blight will then last for 10 seconds. It will slow enemies for 15% / 20% / 25%, deal 20 / 40 / 60 magic damage per second, and reduce the maximum health of enemies by 10% / 20% / 30%. When the enemy is standing on corrupted ground (through the passive trail ability), this will deal additional 10 / 15 / 20 magic damage and slow for an additional 10%.

I am going to write a novel of skills when i get done with school, have some pretty ideas.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    As said, im making a long post about ideas, because i got pretty much in my head atm and im bored.

So, here we go.

Blightened world Ulti
    Infection charges for 1 second, then to release his blight into the heart of Newerth for a few seconds. This will then slow, reduce maximum health and damage any enemy on the map, dealing additional damage over time if the target is standing on infected ground.

Infection channels for 1 second. After the one second, it will take another 2 seconds for the blight to arrive. The blight will then last for 10 seconds. It will slow enemies for 15% / 20% / 25%, deal 20 / 40 / 60 magic damage per second, and reduce the maximum health of enemies by 10% / 20% / 30%. When the enemy is standing on corrupted ground (through the passive trail ability), this will deal additional 10 / 15 / 20 magic damage and slow for an additional 10%.

Blightening fog Very strong ganking skill if Infection is supposed to be one.
    Infection leaves a fog, so poisionous that even strong enemies perish to it. The fog is released in a line in front of Infection, slowing enemies on impact and deals heavy damage over time to enemies standing in the line. The line also gets thicker over time.

Target the ground to blast of a fog, that flies up to 1000 units. Enemies hit by the initial projectile are slowed for 30% / 40% / 50% / 60%, which wears of over 5 seconds. The fog will then deal 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 mixed damage to enemies who stand in it. The fog is initially 100 units thick. It then over 5 seconds grows to a 300 units thickness.

Blight grave Now this one is very complicated, but i really love it.
    Infection dissipates into the ground, to the reveal himself after a little time a few units away in a targetted direction again inside another tree. He will leave behind his corpse, which will deal damage over time to enemies that stand near it, and which will explode when hit to many times.

Infection channels for 1.5 / 1.25 / 1 / 0.75 seconds, to leave his body and then infect a tree with his soul. When Infection has left the corpse, it deals 20 / 40 / 60 / 80 magic damage per second to enemies in a 250 units radius, and when the corpse has taken 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 hits, the corpse explodes, dealing 100 / 150 / 200 / 250 physical damage in a 300 units range. The corpse can be attacked by teammates. When the corpse dies, it will no longer deal damage over time around it. After the channel time, Infection again appears inside a tree. When the tree was infected (the vector bomb skill), he gains a subskill for the cooldown of this spell. The subskill sllows him to deal the damage it normally would have done in front of him.

Oozes of Blight Very nice trail ability imo, better than the current one.
    When activated, Infection leaves behind a trail of blight. The blight slows enemies, and when standing in the blight for too long, an oozeling will spawn and attack them. When the oozeling then manages to get enough attacks of on the enemy before killed or dissipating, the oozeling will explode, infecting an even larger area.

When toggled, Infection will leave behind a trail of blight for a moderate amount of mana per second. The trail will then slow enemies by 10% / 15% / 20% / 25%, and deal 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 mixed damage to enemies who stand in it. When an enemy has been standing in the trail for 3 seconds, he will spawn an oozeling. The oozeling hits for 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 mixed damage and attack once every second. The oozeling do however only have 290 / 310 / 330 / 350 movement speed, and if the oozeling manage to get in 5 attacks, they will explode, infecting even more corruption in a 500 units radius. Only one oozeling can attack a player, and every time an oozeling explodes for an enemy, it takes one more second for the oozeling to spawn. Costs 4% mana every second to have the trail active.

Blight strike This is one of my favourites. Basic and still innovative, and fits to the theme.
    Infection strikes a enemy at melee range, inflicting more damage the more armor the enemy has, and reduces the health of the enemy by a large amount.

Strikes an enemy for 30 / 60 / 90 / 120 mixed damage + 300% / 400% / 500% / 600% the armor of the enemy. Also reduces the enemies health by 10% / 15% / 20% / 25% for 6 seconds.

Cooldown: 12 / 10 / 8 / 6 seconds.

Polluting Swarm Nice overall skill. I like this spell.
    As Infection grows, the amount of pestilencing insects around him also grows. Passively grants him damage around himself. When toggled on, the insects around him go amok, stinging every enemy around and dragging the slowly towards him.

Passive: Deals 10 / 20 / 30 / 40 mixed damage around Infection, and reduces the damage enemies do by 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 every second. Lasts 2 seconds, and will not be removed until the enemy goes away from the radius of this spell (i.e you can pretty much screw carries over with this as long as you keep near them).

Active: Drains 5% mana per second. This spell will now increase in radius, deal an additional 20 / 30 / 40 / 50 mixed damage around him, increase the amount of damage reduced by 1 / 1 / 2 / 2 and dragging enemies towards him with a speed of 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 MS.

Rottening Armor If hes supposed to be a carry.
    Every time Infection does damage to an enemy, that isnt based of a dot, he will reduce the amount of armor they have by 2% / 4% / 6% / 8%. Additionally, Infection will deal an additional 1% / 2% / 3% / 4% damage for every stack of Rottening Armor the target enemy has with auto attacks.

Ancient tower Thanks for the idea R0XAS. This is a ulti.
    Infecting the ground, Infection is able to call forth an ancient tower, that will attack enemies and be able to walk slowly while auto attack an targetted enemy.

Target the ground to choose where the tower shall be summoned. When summoned, all units in a small radius at the summoning aoe will be slowed briefly. The tower then has 600 range, deals 90 / 140 / 190 damage per hit, and has 500 health (it will reward the last hitter with 200 gold by the way). Infection will have his cooldown on this ultimate replaced by a new subskill, which will mark an enemy. When a enemy is marked, the tower will not attack random enemies, but follow the marked enemy for the rest of the duration. The tower will be able to walk without having to stop to auto attack an enemy, and will move with 300 / 325 / 350 MS.

Cant think of more right now. Really put alot of thoughts into this one post.

But now seriously, does this hero have any chance of making it to Newerth? Because its pretty lame that we/i am doing this for nothing.
    Last edited by Elune_; 03-12-2012 at 02:00 PM.

I think you should change the second ability, Since Draconis' blazing flight is already better than this

How about
    Corruptive flows(Passive)
    While Infection is on corrupted land, He gains a 10/20/30/40 MS and AS boost and also gains +1.5/3/4.5/6 HP regen.on every 6/5/4/3 attacks corruption causes a burst of corruption which spreads over 300 AOE at the attacked unit's location

Though i do not think this is the best example, What is lacking here is what to do with the corrupted land, I think we should decided the corrupted land mechanic was good because it gives such and such effect first instead of going, Hey corrupted land is an awesome mechanic, now what do we do with it?
    Who is Captain utility you ask?
    One asian and a chinese cup stuck to a forehead later and this is what you get

He may be only a legend amongst the drunk people of Hawkesbury, but one day he will save the day

Sindred: An epic Hard carry adept at taking down grouped enemies

http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/her...tility/Sindred

I just want the corruption/blight mechanic to stay in place; I don't really care how much it is eviscerated, so long as it maintains the feeling that zerg/undead players received. :/

Some pointers:

Move Infect tree to W. Move Corruption to E and make it passive with 5 ranks 10/20/30/40/50 mixed damage per second (half second really doesn't make sense to me when looking at either the connotative or denotative definitions of corrupt). Hero gets one rank at one, can activate it from rank 2 and up to leave your trail thing.

I have no idea what role this hero is supposed to work toward. It's looking a little like engineer mines with the infect tree, and if you want to keep the treant theme going, it'd probably be best to make it something that KotF or DW don't already do. Support or AoE damage?