Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Community Member Attempts to Break Guinness World Record Playing HoN for 72 Hours!

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Community Member Attempts to Break Guinness World Record Playing HoN for 72 Hours!

Let me tell you about a guy named Milkfat. A pro-gamer whose specialized in DOTA-style games for almost as long as the genre's been around, Milkfat's been around the block and back again in the HoN scene for years and he's played alongside some of the best HoN players in the world. What makes Milkfat special is his knack for drawing attention to himself. From making appearances on national television to reaching out to us here at S2 Games to help him make his newest endeavor possible, Milkfat is without a doubt, one of a kind. So, why should you care about this Milkfat character? It's because he's about to seize an official Guinness World Record and he's going to do so playing our favorite game, Heroes of Newerth.

The stage has been set at one of the largest LAN centers in North America - Howie's Game Shack in Mission Viejo, CA. On January 26th, Milkfat will begin streaming live with a staggering goal of 72 hours worth of continuous gameplay, which will come to a conclusion on January 29th. While some will scoff at such an arbitrary amount of time and proclaim that they do the same thing on a weekly basis, allow me to give you some perspective. The current record is 52 hours for continuous solo gameplay in a MoBA/RTS and it's no small task. From official Guinness World Record contracts and terms stating that while in-game he must perform an action every 7 seconds, to only being allowed 10 minutes break for each hour of play (which all must be officially sanctioned in advance), to capturing every painstaking moment on video complete with professional witnesses, Milkfat's only time of rest and sanctuary, very well could be during his queue time (and did I mention he's been training for this for months?).

I have to admit, we here at S2 Games are pulling for him 100% as he takes his shot at glory. We're even going to send a few of our staff members to attend the event, most notably, our Honcast crew, which will be hosting much of the festivities live from Howie's Game Shack. In honor of Milkfat's world record run, Honcast will also be hosting showmatches and shoutcasting from Howie's all weekend long with some of the biggest names in Professional HoN. Tune into Milkfat and Honcast January 26-29th for the latest on Milkfat's World Record Run, or come on down to Howie's Game Shack and get your Game HoN for the price of an all-day pass. Allow me to assure you, this is something you won't want to miss.

The best part about all of this is that Milkfat will donate all ad revenue generated from his Twitch.tv stream and all donations made to the ChipIn account embedded in that stream to Doctors Without Borders. It's charity at its finest and we invite you to follow along as Sam does his part to help those in need.

Check back here and at the following links for all the latest information regarding the event and be sure to check out the Honcast podcast today, January 23rd, where Milkfat will make a special guest appearance before he takes the plunge into video gaming history. Podcast coverage begins today @6:30pm EST (1:30 CET).

Howie's Game Shack - www.howies.com
    Milkfat's Twitch.tv Channel - www.twitch.tv/milkfat
    Clan Milk - http://www.clanmilk.com
    Clan Milk Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/ClanMilk
    Honcast Live - www.honcast.com/live
    Doctors Without Borders - www.doctorswithoutborders.org
    Catch the replay of Milkfat's Interview w/ Honcast - http://bit.ly/y9f9Ad

So, what do you think? Can he make it? Does the former Guinness World Record of 52 hours even stand a chance?
    Last edited by Zero_MnotW; 01-24-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Well, that's great news. Inserting S2 name in World's Guinness book will be a great step.
    The only thing i care about is danger to Milkfat's eyes
    "Good thing come to those who wait"

Go Milkfat!

Milkfat top1 pro gamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Warchamp7
    It has been a horrible experience watching such a fantastic product fade into what it has become; a shadow of it's former self and a mere glimmer of what it had the potential to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maliken View Post
    Our single main focus is to bring extremely high levels of enjoyment to as many players as possible through our games.

lols 1. page

50 bucks says he wont make it.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Hope it goes well for him.

Hope he enjoys 24h of sleeping after

Too bad the original record was 52. If he did 52 hours for HoN it's kind of like S2 and I don't know.. it's a funny gimmick I guess :P

Good luck bro.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Good luck, hope I will meet you in this quest of fame.

Certainly won't be easy,

a global announcement, really?

best of luck anyway
    Retail Candidate Testers are not S2 Games employees. Nevermind you probably have no idea what RCT is.

Anyway you can apply here, and read about it here.
    Don't hesitate to report all of your teammates using the function.
    Open a thread for everything you can think of and just ignore the Forum Rules.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Do this milkfat.

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    A huge thank you S2 for putting together such an amazing event. You guys truly went above and beyond with this. I am looking forward to attempting this and sharing my journey with you guys. To everyone that has been sending me encouraging messages thank you.. I will need it!

Training has been pretty tough. I went 40 hours two separate times and I felt pretty confident that I can do it! If I were to be doing it alone there would be no way but the fact that so many people will be watching/supporting is going to make it that much easier.

So many people have already told me that they plan on flying out or coming out to visit and I am just so grateful that I have met so many people online. I don't care what mainstream media says MEETING FRIENDS ONLINE ROCKS.

A huge shoutout to my friends Moonmeander, CaKeS, Yoda, Miikeys, Lalond, Bkid, Tralfamadore, Madfred, Ace, Nhii, Mob, Sneakeee and Brized(emperor) who are all coming to hang out with me and keep me company during this weekend. You guys are the best <3(especially you CaKeS<333)

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Go Milkfat! Make the community proud

I would love to go see the event, but flying from South Africa to America might cost quite a bit :/
    Last edited by pIjIN; 01-23-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Account Icon
    May you persevere, friend.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Milkfat #1

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Didn't wow get banned in china for awhile for this kind of behavior after some kid died (now you get stopped from playing after a set time)?

Just make sure you eat while you play mr milkfat

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I gunna bring him slep pilz

Senior Game Master Account Icon
    Good luck!

Game Masters are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

-----------------------------

I love you milkfat, don't ever change!

You can do iiiiiiiiiiit!
    My hero suggestions:
    http://dream.heroesofnewerth.com/hero/WindRaven/
    Gust - Druidess - Mobeus - Stone Angel

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    The difference between madness and genius are the degrees of success.

Good luck

I am the beast, the defiler, the source of all pain.
    The darkness will cover the lands once again.
    So make peace with whatever it is the gods worship, the end has come.