Thread: Prevent AFK Hosts in Stat and No-stat games

View Poll Results: Would you like this implemented into the game?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

42 79.25%
  • No.

11 20.75%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

boaiejgroiadlknvoaihenrlksaf

aerhgiakjdznviueanr

voted buddeh =D
    () ()
    ( . . )
    c(")(")
    Mr. Bunneh

yeee thanks!

I would like a vote-kick option.

I want too punish that sucker who created the game!
    Gooby pls...

Agreed. But actually we all the suggestions should apply (vote kick host, auto kick host, auto close game).

This is a very good idea. I hope functionality will be improved soon. (After the new alt avatars, of course.)

I don't understand why i'm getting so many negative votes... Do people not need this implemented??

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    My suggestion:
    You can votekick with 5 votes. When 5 votes for votekick have been passed, the host will get a notification that plays a high sound. When the host doesnt click the notification in a 30 seconds window, he will get kicked and the guy who pressed votekick first will become the host.

I think there are a few flaws, but i think it should look this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Elune_ View Post
    My suggestion:
    You can votekick with 5 votes. When 5 votes for votekick have been passed, the host will get a notification that plays a high sound. When the host doesnt click the notification in a 30 seconds window, he will get kicked and the guy who pressed votekick first will become the host.

I think there are a few flaws, but i think it should look this way.
    The host can easily stall the game start up this way and i'm sure people would no wait 30 seconds for the host to verify the notification if he is really afk.

Account Icon
    Those times when I played public and this happened..
    Well nowadays it's only midwars still I think this suggestion could be fundamental to many players. +1

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Imo a better system: Once The game is filled, If the host doesn't do anything for X minutes, He's kicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa1989 View Post
    Valve is an independent developer like S2, they don't have publishing right, all their retail games are published by EA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorb View Post
    People with any amount of forum awards have accomplished something, even if you disagree.

No one will wait X minutes for a public game to start.

The best solution would be to automatically shut down the game server if less than 5 players, if more than 5, then the host is kicked and random player is given host privileges. When this would happen is inactivity for 45 seconds.

Updated!

It looked terrible before and everything was fixed.

This is definitely an idea I was hoping to post and I'm glad there are others who agree with its implementation. It's very frustrating (for those who play Pubz) to join a server, game fills and host disappears; everyone has to back out and start over. I don't think this could be ill-used at all, especially if there's an inactivity clock. If I could add to this idea, what if there was a 10-man server poll for a new host? Each vote for a new host could ping the current AFK host's client to alert him to return. I don't think the server necessarily needs to close; just redefine a new host and auto-kick the old host.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalEcho View Post
    This is definitely an idea I was hoping to post and I'm glad there are others who agree with its implementation. It's very frustrating (for those who play Pubz) to join a server, game fills and host disappears; everyone has to back out and start over. I don't think this could be ill-used at all, especially if there's an inactivity clock. If I could add to this idea, what if there was a 10-man server poll for a new host? Each vote for a new host could ping the current AFK host's client to alert him to return. I don't think the server necessarily needs to close; just redefine a new host and auto-kick the old host.
    Read the sentence after "after two minutes of inactivity, the server automatically closes". It says only if there are players in the server, the host will automatically be kicked and a new host will randomly be assigned.