Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Null Stone - Spell Block List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    On Hammerstorm:

I was reading this at work so I cannot test myself...

If you are the target: Does it totally nullify it or will it still stun everyone in the radius but you?

If you are not the target but in stun radius: Will you get stunned? (and in this case, how does the cooldown on the stone behave?

Sorry if this is nit-picking but it was something that popped into my head while reading your *great* post

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    it works just like the other spells that require a target and have an aoe effect, if Hammerstorm targets the nullstone the spell is voided completely (no aoe stun either) if he targets someone near you the spell will act as if nullstone isnt there.

Voodoo Jester:
    Acid Cocktail

is that for the initial cast or the bounces too?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Again like the other spells of its kinda, it blocks the initial cast, if it simply bounces off someone towards you it acts as if nullstone isnt there.

Plage Carrier
    • When Match Making fails to load a game, please re-queue automatically.
    • When the message "The server is full" pops up re-open the Public Game's Listing.
    • Include a fully featured in-game web browser. Allows for ease of downloading replays AND has many LAN league/tournament possibilities.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    nice spot :O

Patch 1.54, Nullstone, Lava Surge and Fissure

Does anyone know that if someone clicks directly on you instead of the ground now does it trigger the Nullstone? I believe it should now since the patch.

thanks in advance

edit:
    The Nullstone list makes no mention of it but I believe it may be out of date
    Last edited by GagReflex; 11-15-2009 at 11:45 AM.

S2 Staff Member S2 Games Staff
    You should've posted it in that topic, where Tyrando is more likely to see it & respond.

So I moved it there

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.
    -----------------------------

Also available by emailing support@heroesofnewerth.com!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    ill throw some tests up in the morning for all the changed stuff, however in my timezone its bed time :P

expect an update in around 12 hours

Lava Surge, Fissure and Graveyard procs Null Stone if you target the unit directly & the spell is totally negated (put on cooldown as well).

S2 Games: Dedicated employees serving dedicated gamers. Continuous development. Never-ending improvement.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    updated thnx, ill have to perform another fissure test when Behemoth gets fixed because the damage (of like 100) still goes through the stone.

Why does it block Lightning Storm? Isn't a targeted spell?

Also semi-related, I'd like to buy this item more but I'm unusure as to which are the best heroes for it, so maybe people could post a casual few names of heroes they like to get it on, cheers.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    you dont target lightning storm it target's itself, like Valk's AoE or KotF's Roots, they dont require you to target a specific AoE like Pyromancer.

Nullstone isnt an item for any specific hero, its purely a counter item, going from the list you can see its a great counter against heroes like Arachna & Swiftblade, nullstone having a cd of 20 seconds means Arachna can never land her ultimate on you ever unless someone else breaks the mold.

Swiftblade has the same problem, he's required to target a nearby enemy to get it to hit you & with it being random that may not go down to well for him.

Succubus gets raped by this because it blocks all 4 of her spells, etc.

It's not an item you decide to build from scratch, you need to look at your enemies line-up and think, will nullstone be useful here?

going with the above i usually build it as my first luxury item, since it gives nice regen and a bonus to all stats.

Account Icon
    "Plague Carrier (Blocks only if you are the initial target)"

This is a bug as far as I'm concerned. In DOTA with Lich's Chain Frost, the damage on first hit to yourself is blocked, but bounces still occur. Currently in HoN the bounces do NOT occur.

But Linken's was very weak in DotA, so now most of Null Stone's faults are fixed through the HoN Engine.

So it's intended

Very nice list, thanks for compiling it.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Legionnaire:
    Terrify
    Decapitate

Did Linkins block Culling blade in DotA?

Could of sworn it didn't

I came across something i would like others to check as well. If you use Scout Ulti on someone with a Voidstone it cancels but the CD does not start. Can someone plz doublecheck that b4 i post that as a bug?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Voidstone?

you reffering to Nullstone or Void Talisman?

very different items

Sorry about that. NULL STONE oc.
    Since being in a Thread about that specific item and the other not having any spell-block abilities that should have been obvious.. but maybe i was asking for to much. Sorry for my typo.