Thread: quick streaming questions (real quick)

quick streaming questions (real quick)

so i just got a new rig and im gonna stream. read tons of guides and it all seems pretty easy to set up but it looks like it will take time.

im going to be streaming in 1080p if that helps. i have a 2500k, 7970 radeon HD, 8gigs ram, and 8mb/sec upload.

before i start i got 2 basic questions.

1) xsplit or FME? which to use? what are the advantage/disadvantages of each? all i really got out of a google search was people claiming that xsplit uses less bandwith and is easier to use? if this is true why would anyone even use fme? basically my question is: what are the advantages/diadvantage of xsplit and FME?

2) which site to stream to? seems jtv/twitch/own3d are the most popular but i have no clue why different people choose different sites. any insight here?

thanks guys
    Last edited by dYe; 01-09-2012 at 04:36 AM.

hey dYe,

i stream on justin/twitch.tv .. like the quality there.. using xsplit...
    my system looks like this:
    cpu: i5 2500
    ram: 8gb ddr3 1333
    grafic: 560 Ti OC
    dl/ul: 64/5

my stream is on 720p with 30 fps and quality on 10 << xsplit settings
    u can take a look at:
    twitch.tv/d3str0y3r667 if u want to see the quality is fine ;-)

U can do the same easily with your system and connection.

Have fun!

yes i realize i will be able to stream at 1080p easily especially with my 2500k oc'd to 5ghz or so. i was just curious about those 2 questions i posted above.

my answer to your question is:

Go and try xsplit and FME. You can try both for free. With xsplit u dont need to get "Stereomix" or something else for sound. I tried out FME with the same settings i have on xsplit and it will use a lot more of my cpu capacity. Xsplit has got a good community for help. A lot of people stream hon with xsplit i know. U need to try it by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by d3str0y3r667 View Post
    my answer to your question is:

Go and try xsplit and FME. You can try both for free. With xsplit u dont need to get "Stereomix" or something else for sound. I tried out FME with the same settings i have on xsplit and it will use a lot more of my cpu capacity. Xsplit has got a good community for help. A lot of people stream hon with xsplit i know. U need to try it by yourself.
    As far as I'm concerned you still need to set up StereoMix to be able to playback your sound from your headset to your stream.
    - There is at least one thing worse than fighting with allies And that is to fight without them.
    http://en.twitch.tv/twoeasy
    http://facebook.com/zlapped

@*****zlapped

"Why is XSplit Broadcaster is not capturing the audio output?

If you are running under Windows XP, you must select Stereo mix as a source in order for XSplit Broadcaster to be able to capture both your microphone and your speakers at the same time. Please also make sure that the microphone volume control in XSplit Broadcaster is not set to mute or set too low. "

If you are running Windows Vista or higher you dont need to set up StereoMix. Xsplit will use your Audio automaticly. You only need to select your microphone in the xsplit settings.

Thats why u can easy get a very good soundquality in Xsplit. For FME you need to make sure that your sound card can handle the StereoMix in a good quality.