Thread: [2.5.4] Vulture lord.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[2.5.4] Vulture lord.

Hello, Ophelia is one of my most favorite heroes to play and one of the neutrals that she is able to command is the Vulture Lord.

Attribute Information:
    Health: 950 Regen: 0.5
    Mana: 400 Regen: 0
    Movement Speed: 320

Defense Information:
    Armor: 4 Magic Armor: 0
    Reduction: 19.4% Reduction: 0%

Attack Information:
    Melee Range: 100
    Damage: 70 - 70
    Attacks per second: 0.741

Tornado
    Summons a deadly Tornado that damages enemies in an area and slows their Attack Speed and Movement Speed. Damages enemies in a 150 radius for 45 Magic Damage per second. Damages enemies in a 600 radius for 15 Magic Damage per second.

Channel time is 30 sec.

MS of the tornado: 130

200 mana cost

Cooldown: 120 sec.

The Vulture lord is generally considered, to my understanding, to be one of the more situational/weaker neutral creeps she is able to command. I believe this is because of the difficulty of using Tornado efficiently, and the long cooldown. Therefore the question is does the CD of Tornado (120 seconds) need to be lowered, or is the Vulture Lord strong enough as it is compared to the other neutral creeps?

Thank you for your attention.

Account Icon
    Opinions?

I think approve.
    "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.

For my money, the creep is sub standard, but I'm not sure if this is a huge enough issue or not. After all, Vagabond Leaders aren't too useful either: it just so happens that Ophelia can't use all the hard creeps to gank effectively.

Credit to Devious`, with thanks to AvunaOs for my last signature

Approved because I see no pressing reason not to.

Credit to Devious`, with thanks to AvunaOs for my last signature

Account Icon
    Out of curiosity, why on earth was the armor aura removed?

Yeah, the armor aura at least made him pretty good to push. I mean, not all creeps, even if they're the "strongest" neuts need to have suitable abilities for ganking, as long as they're viable for something else.

Vulture Lord spot is good for Lego . I would make his tornado walk faster with a shorter limit range.

Thanks Lhune!

Sorry for my bad English!

i believe they removed it when armor stacking was op (when greaves gave + armor to your whole team).

I just don't understand why it needs to channel now. the dps is pretty low and is only kinda good against a creep wave + the easily avoidable slow. perhaps i've never seen it used to it's fullest potential.

We're not in Kansas anymore.

I find the Tornado to be very underwhelming and see no real reason to pick this up over a Mino/Catman/Skele.
    Has a rubber duck named "Mr. Quackers."

Rudra || Plaguebringer || Bastion || Castor/Pollux || Arcane Assassin || Smoke

Blog yo

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Reldnahc View Post
    We're not in Kansas anymore.
    Funny. I come from there.

I don't even think it's about Ophelia. I've been ****ed over more times than I can count because the hard-camp nearest the lane is a vulture, which ruins all possibility of a level one gank. Also, Vulture destroys other jungling heroes because of their high damage. But I suppose they exist so that Parasite/WB/Ophelia have a harder time, diminishing their effectiveness.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG-g3t97g-g&feature=BFa
    This is how ALL ARTS devs balance their games.

And THIS is how you shut down Pimp Slayer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFOH8KrR1xY

Buffing Vulture Lord would just probably buff heroes that we don't really want to be buffed as in Parasite and Ophelia. Since Parasite already had his Wild Hunter shroud buff he is already able to combo one enemy hero to death and not so long ago Ophelia got the Charges on Command buff + the movement speed buff everyone was crying for so long.

tl;dr
    No sense buffing a neutral while heroes that use them are already incredibly strong.

Have you ever sent a tornado into mid?

Have you ever sent a tornado into mid?
    but wait, you only have 1 creep until level 5, so if your vulture lord is sitting there channeling it, how do you continue to jungle?
    "Proclamation was made, in the King's Name, for all Persons to keep Silence" - House of Lords Journal, Volume 20, 24 June 1717

your job is to gank/shut down a lane. sending a tornado mid shuts down just about any mid.

You can send the tornado to the lane while you creep pull, the tornado loses effectiveness past the laning stage, but it is quite annoying to have to deal with early on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubcaeks View Post
    Srs tho. It's true. And its not like HoN isn't a giant joke anyways. We have robot, chicken, goblin, nani cat or whatever the **** that 4chan **** is as couriers. The heroes are like mother****ing Jumanji happened, rhinos and bears and **** talking pandas and monkeys.

Theres no reason this behemoth skin can't and shouldn't happen.

+1 to having a tornado sit on the high ground on a mid hero. I screamed when a good Ophelia did that to me, because it was like a super version of SR's pre-nerf Aura on you constantly.

I wouldn't say constantly, the cooldown on the tornado is kinda long
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubcaeks View Post
    Srs tho. It's true. And its not like HoN isn't a giant joke anyways. We have robot, chicken, goblin, nani cat or whatever the **** that 4chan **** is as couriers. The heroes are like mother****ing Jumanji happened, rhinos and bears and **** talking pandas and monkeys.

Theres no reason this behemoth skin can't and shouldn't happen.

30 seconds ain't a short duration either.

Its not only the tornado that is a problem, it gives alot less xp/gold compared to the other heavy camps aswell. Its quite a deciding factor for parasite and pherhaps other junglers who would like to take a heavy camp at level 1.

Parasite dings well above level 2 after a skeleton camp, but afaik he doesnt even reach level 2 with a vulture lord. Forcing him to wait another 30 seconds before gaining level 2.

Buffing this may seem like a stupid idea, since it buffs parasite, a hero who doesnt need buffs. But this is just pure RNG stupidity. You have a chance to ding level 2, or you dont. All heavy camps should allow the hero to ding level 2 after one camp.

Pretty sure Catmen, Vagabond and Skeleton camps allows for this, while vulture lords/minotaur doesnt. ^Citation needed.

Almost off topic, but still close enough.
    Last edited by Ripoff; 01-12-2012 at 06:10 AM.
    It's definitely possible if you know how to play well.

Vulture lord is useless, is does have high auto attack damage but not significant enough to make it a viable choice over Skel kings, catman and minos
    Please support my Roman Legionnaire alt avatar suggestion http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=382134