Thread: Australian/Oceanic TMM Server Possibility?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Australian/Oceanic TMM Server Possibility?

As title says, any possibility of having Australian/Oceanic TMM servers?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I believe its an on going discussion between S2 and service providers in Aus. As we Aussies know our service providers are crap, ask for large amounts of cash and give little in return so it maybe a long process.

Looking at you Telstra.

Vahn Brand Signature
    Code of Conduct: Read it, learn it, obey it.

aww crikey mate! you couldn't do that to us poor american blokes we would miss gettin yucky with our boys from down unda'

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gridlocked View Post
    I believe its an on going discussion between S2 and service providers in Aus. As we Aussies know our service providers are crap, ask for large amounts of cash and give little in return so it maybe a long process.

Looking at you Telstra.
    Pretty much this, it isn't S2's fault that our telecommunication/internet service providers are money hungry degenerates.
    Our government would much rather put their money into enforcing their nazi-esque police state ideologies.
    I am eye, you are eye. We are I.
    "What I am saying, happens to be the oldest message of human wisdom; Look within, find your own divinity. Detach yourself from competitive social and material struggle"

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by T0x View Post
    Pretty much this, it isn't S2's fault that our telecommunication/internet service providers are money hungry degenerates.
    Our government would much rather put their money into enforcing their nazi-esque police state ideologies.
    Wat.

Vahn Brand Signature

Will never happen

Account Icon
    Wat.
    In a nutshell, government dictates ISP funding, if government refuses to properly fund internet infrastructure, ISP's must then rip their customers off in order to stay afloat and even consider the possibility of providing affordable servers for gaming.
    EDIT: missed the bold - do I REALLY have to go in to it all now? :S
    "What I am saying, happens to be the oldest message of human wisdom; Look within, find your own divinity. Detach yourself from competitive social and material struggle"

So long story short, the answer is no
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoSpirit View Post
    We are all on Kangaroos right now in the city jumping around drinking VB.
    U mad American?
    Quote Originally Posted by ````Dvt```` View Post
    I like your style Heimlich.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    EDIT: missed the bold - do I REALLY have to go in to it all now? :S
    No.
    Mostly because:

a) It doesn't belong here and;
    b) I really don't want to see another person winging about bullshite like "my civil liberties being taken away"

Vote 1: Bob Katter

Edit: Ok Bob Katter is going a bit far even for me.

Vahn Brand Signature

Account Icon
    No.
    Mostly because:

a) It doesn't belong here and;
    b) I really don't want to see another person winging about bullshite like "my civil liberties being taken away"

Vote 1: Bob Katter
    A) true
    B) Now fair's fair... there's plenty I can agree with when it comes to the removal of certain liberties... but in all honesty, there's really no denying that the Australian government is starting to get WAY too involved with our personal lives.
    BUT you're right, we'll just leave it there.

Basic jist really is, don't expect Aussie ISP's to be reasonable any time in the next decade.

Looking at you Telstra.
    This post is amazingly accurate.

Just move USWest to California.

Quote Originally Posted by stereodic View Post
    Just move USWest to California.
    Who in their right mind would move to there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MojoSpirit View Post
    We are all on Kangaroos right now in the city jumping around drinking VB.
    U mad American?
    Quote Originally Posted by ````Dvt```` View Post
    I like your style Heimlich.

Account Icon
    It would be nice, but as many people have said, due to aussie ISP's pricing robbing people and the speeds we get it is practically impossible..

All we can do for now is play on the iPGN servers that are up even if there are only 20 or so
    "Revenge is a meal best served cold"

^^^^ this

Looking at you Telstra.
    i think not a single aussie would disagree with this one

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I'm actually getting tired of having to reiterate this point every single time this topic arises.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1442345
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory McMahon
    I ended up just giving it to them for free (in exchange for some promotion/advertising), it's easier that way than trying to rent it out.
    I can host more servers right away if S2 (or someone else) were to supply them (must be 1U rack servers)
    Would it be possible to create a donation fund?
    iPrimus wouldn't be able to, but if someone else wants to do that, and buy a server with the required specifications when they've collected enough money, that'd be fine.

what are the cost for the servers?
    Around $2500
    The hosting costs are being entirely handled by iPrimus. The economics of telecommunications in Australia and Telsta's monopoly has been greatly weakened in the last few years, and our internet services are now beginning to rival that of other countries. The only major drawback is the geography of it as the population is very widespread. The costs for iPrimus to host a server would only be equal to that of the hardware, i.e., it costs the same to host here as it would anywhere else; however, instead of renting the servers, they must be bought outright, as S2 require server hosts to have ownership of servers so they can protect their server binaries under an NDA.
    Last edited by Octavia; 01-04-2012 at 07:25 AM.

I'd sing you a song, but
    I'm just a little hoarse.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Why do u need AUS servers when we have 200 ping?
    It's good.
    I even played with Elune from EU 350 ping it wasn't to bad.

I think it is going to happen very soon...

As on 1st jan one of the s2 employee (dont remember the name) first wished all the Australian players exclusively and also mentioned that "U guys would love what we are getting to u in the year/month"

Then he wished to all remaining hon players.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by blackperl View Post
    I think it is going to happen very soon...

As on 1st jan one of the s2 employee (dont remember the name) first wished all the Australian players exclusively and also mentioned that "U guys would love what we are getting to u in the year/month"

Then he wished to all remaining hon players.
    Who was it?
    Jamestown? idejdar?