Thread: If you dont stop tracking useless stats...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychel View Post
    Heres the fun fact of ppl that agree with the stats "problem".
    I consider bads everyone thats under 1750 mmr and 2.0 KD.

Now to prove a point.

People that dont want to show stats :

• Player name: Maniakal
    • MMR: 1613
    • K/D: 0.8:1

Bad player overall + poor gameplay = a loss for you most possibly.

And this is exactly the problem with showing useless stats. People, such as yourself, only look at ones that help them prove their point, whatever the point may be.

You dont have one at all but you think showing everyones KD/MMR is proving stats should be shown, so you try to make us look terrible.

However, you purposely neglect to show that all top 5 of my heroes played are support.

Therein lies the problem with this community, thanks for the perfect example.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Close this thread man.
    It's done for.

Quote Originally Posted by dontblameme View Post
    If you take away stats, then what will be the use of playing a RTS game?

The point would be to finally be able to actually play the game without someone loses a poorly chosen team fight by himself then sitting in the well for the next 20 minutes calling out everyone on his team for not having a KD ratio that rivals their Call of duty stat page in a game where its completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by MojoSpirit View Post
    Close this thread man.
    It's done for.

P.S. People need to stop throwing the word "troll" around as if actling like a ****ing idiot means anything more than youre just acting like a ****ing idiot.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    When did I say that?
    Made up bullshit.
    But I like it, it sounds retarded so keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinari View Post
    stats tell you more about the person's skill level than mmr does
    Not really. If you have an account from way back when you first started, then those, most likely, horrible stats from learning the game will hide your progress and current skill level.

KD :R is not very precise nor a good measure for judging a persons skill level.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Stats will decide my bride.
    I want a homemaker type girl so she will be .7 KD and all support heroes.
    If she plays heroes like hammer storm she is a butch.
    If she plays heroes like Scout or NH she will be freaky in bed.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I think that they need to give us the option to choose "show stats" or not when u create a game...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    I think there is a better solution to this problem, but it involves S2 doing work, and we all know how bad S2 is at doing stuff that can't be sold for gold coins.

There should be a better MM algorithm and/or increase the concurrent population on international servers. If people of the same stats/rating were matched together the amount of judging would happen less. S2 needs to increase the player base by marketing it. At least try to get people who quit the game to come back. S2 probably won't do that since they don't want to spend much money on marketing, and they just sold off the russians to garena, they are not interested in increasing the concurrent player base on international servers.

Another option would be to incentivise people to play certain modes. Like offer an extra coin or 2 for playing BP or BD. Limit the amount of AP games so people will stop picking crap line ups. Since more people would be playing only a few modes, there is a greater pool to match up people with similar stats.

S2 won't do this though, since they can't make any money from this.

So all this thread has done is effectively proved that this guy named Psychel is an absolute assclown? Great stuff.

Also, I don't care either way.
    Commander Lovely, Streamer, Competitive gamer, Professional internet user, WRPG Guru and Professional smack talker.
    Twitter - http://twitter.com/#!/CommanderLovely
    If you don't already know my sub accounts then you don't need to know.
    [Support Rhapsody Player For Hire] Always tuning the tide of battle~
    You have no idea how stressful it is going into each game and praying you team is competent when you're a support player.
    [WSHH] is a social clan, Not a competitive one. Wanna join? Just contact me ingame and I'll send you an invite no matter the stats or rating.

Quote Originally Posted by CryingGod View Post
    I think there is a better solution to this problem, but it involves S2 doing work, and we all know how bad S2 is at doing stuff that can't be sold for gold coins.

There should be a better MM algorithm and/or increase the concurrent population on international servers. If people of the same stats/rating were matched together the amount of judging would happen less. S2 needs to increase the player base by marketing it. At least try to get people who quit the game to come back. S2 probably won't do that since they don't want to spend much money on marketing, and they just sold off the russians to garena, they are not interested in increasing the concurrent player base on international servers.

Another option would be to incentivise people to play certain modes. Like offer an extra coin or 2 for playing BP or BD. Limit the amount of AP games so people will stop picking crap line ups. Since more people would be playing only a few modes, there is a greater pool to match up people with similar stats.

S2 won't do this though, since they can't make any money from this.

If they simply didnt track stats other than Win/Loss then people wouldnt be afraid to sacrifice themselves as a demented shaman for their carry to get another kil or escape a bad fight.

Then youd hear people *****ing more about teamfights and who did what than stats and how many kills you dont have on a tempest.

The stats are not the problem, the players are. They find excuses for everything and will always trashtalk.
    My suggestions:

Key Binding - http://tinyurl.com/BindDemItems2

Remake votekicking - http://tinyurl.com/RmkVotekickingNao2

Ability to use item hotkeys while shopping - http://tinyurl.com/DemHotkeys2

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniakal View Post
    P.S. People need to stop throwing the word "troll" around as if actling like a ****ing idiot means anything more than youre just acting like a ****ing idiot.
    I have to agree with this part. After coming back to Moba games 1 year ago everyone is using the word "troll" to describe somebody who acts like an idiot.

Did all the players forget what "troll" means? Stupid.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Troll is someone who trolls.

Account Icon
    Troll is someone who trolls.
    O'rly?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Some stats are pretty useless I agree but some of them are like a badge of honor. Like having a 10 KDR people would go wow you are either awesome or a super KSing dick

I agree stats should be a little more rounded overall like you don't need average creeps, wards..etc and they only skew peoples perception since stats do tend to fall on the low side over time like no one can keep like 15 wards a game or 30 kills a game everyone has bad days even if they are good players. Id much prefer to have a loose achievements system you know like 20 kills in a game gets one 20 assists gets one 10 wards...etc the list goes on.

As a side note id love if mmr wasn't shown either but a more looser ranking like how SC2 does it. Its more skewed now since they effect win rate in the match now too so what is mmr if its not the only thing that effects matching? And that is not really all that much.

Delete this **** already, contributes to nothing, dear OP I wouldnt want you going my mid because of your stats. QQ Away all you want, thx.

OP has shitty creep score. Disregard him.

Stats will decide my bride.
    I want a homemaker type girl so she will be .7 KD and all support heroes.
    If she plays heroes like hammer storm she is a butch.
    If she plays heroes like Scout or NH she will be freaky in bed.
    Why is this guy still allowed on the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucian01 View Post
    OP has shitty creep score. Disregard him.
    Helpful, educated, and loveable you are not.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    This guy. Comes out of nowhere...
    Tells me to get lost.
    Tells the other guy his uneducated.
    Coz you can see his room wall it has no diplomas.
    Nice. Am I ugly too? You seem to have magic.