Thread: K2 Exception Error - Its Back - How do I fix?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

K2 Exception Error - Its Back - How do I fix?

Hello , many times since the last patch my game has been crashing (once or so every hour).

It used to do this like 5 months ago but there was a fix. I used that fix and didn't have any crashes for 5 months.

Now the K2 exception error crash is back.

Does anyone know how I can fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by TunaCutter View Post
    Hello , many times since the last patch my game has been crashing (once or so every hour).

It used to do this like 5 months ago but there was a fix. I used that fix and didn't have any crashes for 5 months.

Now the K2 exception error crash is back.

Does anyone know how I can fix it?
    I'm with you. I never crashed until last patch. Now it's constant.

i got the hon installed on c:/ before, i re-download and install but this time i put in
    d:/ and i got no more crash reports i dont why but i'm fine right now :S

Same with me. I fixed it months ago by going into cmd and writing something (im running windows 32), but now the crashes are back.

This is for me the single most important thing, screw 2.5, EA and alt avatars.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    looking for a solution and im sure others are too

Use search next time.

Workarounds: http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/wi...ws_Workarounds

S2 Answer:
    Quoting IAmRoot: I should really write up a copy-paste response to these threads. I keep on answering what's happening. It doesn't technically have anything to do with RAM. Rather it's the address space that's running out. 32 bit memory addresses have a unit size of one byte. Therefore, you get (2^32)*1byte=4GB maximum number of addresses. These addresses are used for many things, such as access to hardware memory as well as RAM. By default, Windows reserves 2GB for itself, only allowing applications as a whole to use 2GB. This become quite a problem, especially in Vista and 7, due to the driver model. Drivers in Vista and 7 are run in userspace, not kernelspace, which means the memory addresses for both mapping textures and resources to the graphics card, sound card, etc are in the same 2GB range as what HoN needs to store backup copies of textures in case the graphics drivers flush a texture (such as when alt tabbing). Direct3D 9 isn't smart enough to be able to manage the textures itself, which results in a 2x texture usage. Other games get around this by using fewer texture (creating detail by tiling many small textures in layers) or requiring DirectX 10/11. 32 bit vista/7 exists to support archaic hardware and abysmally written software, and is far from ideal for a modern computer.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    that was the fix i used 6 months ago. has that thread been updated since then?

can i use a value higher than 3072? is higher better?

i believe i have 4 gb of ram installed
    Last edited by TunaCutter; 12-10-2011 at 09:57 AM.

relating to Iamrootslast point there, i have great success with OpenGL. try it in practice first though, not all driver/card/game-combos work well with opengl. you will also notice some black flashes when HoN gets focus after alt-tab but thats not gamebreaking.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    i want to know if i can use a higher value.

MY GAME IS CRASHING EVERYGAME

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    wtf, so HOW can I fix it? i saw the quote, and i want a simple solution

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by TunaCutter View Post
    that was the fix i used 6 months ago. has that thread been updated since then?

can i use a value higher than 3072? is higher better?

i believe i have 4 gb of ram installed

DONT go higher, in fact go lower. 2900 is a better value.
    the higher that number the more you eat into the memory range used for the PageTable

use 2900 and use OGL

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

wtf man this is getting hilarious. I was playing midas now, and i fkin got 5!!! 5!!!!!!! crashes, how do i fix this ****, i can't restart this game 24/7, I want to play without these crashs. I played like 10 mins - crash; 8 mins - crash; and the last time i crashed after 1 single minute.... Call us the solution pls, it's ruining my games. srsly.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Read Naib's post, follow his advice, and start again.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

Kenhek - another Hero Suggestion | My blog! (updated 18/09/14: Why Java Ain't Bad)

Constat crashes every now and then,getting to be pissed like hell

Before any idiot suggest you to modify your virtual memory - in graphics settings switch from DirectX to OpenGL.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    5 crashes in 1 game with OGL and 2900 ,

can i get a response from s2's brilliant coders?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    then there are other reasons for the crashes besides the known ... inconviniences which require some workaround