View Poll Results: Do You want this?

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

91 68.42%
  • No

42 31.58%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    I don´t understand your point behind "like this"...what do you even mean by that?

And why you do the opposite of what´s written in first post is also beyond my understanding.

OP: "These lines are only examples"
    Elune_ "Omg this pack gonna have these lines? Hell no, thumbs down"

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    No, let me explain to you.

Examples are lines that new lines will origin from when they get implemented. When something origins from another thing, it will most probably be the same style. This will say that if those just are "examples", then the pack that would get into the game would have lines that are similar to the examples. And i dont like the examples, therefore i will not like the lines that get into the game.

Its basically like saying that you really dont like DotA's playstyle. If that is the case, you probably wont like HoN either then. HoN origins from DotA, and is almost the same. The same goes for FPS, MMO and other games. If you dont like Battlefield, chances are you wont like CoD either.

But you don´t have to use all the lines. You can skip the ones you totally hate and use the ones that seem decent and usable to you.
    Simple

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    To be honest, i dont really like any of the lines, thats why i dont like it overall. If i dont like one of the lines, i dont want this to go into the game. If it happens, i dont want this guy to get credit though, i would rather want Sell to get the credit.

And you are right, you can skip some of them. But enough of that, fact is i thumbed-down, personal preference and sight on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elune_ View Post
    To be honest, i dont really like any of the lines, thats why i dont like it overall. If i dont like one of the lines, i dont want this to go into the game. If it happens, i dont want this guy to get credit though, i would rather want Sell to get the credit.

And you are right, you can skip some of them. But enough of that, fact is i thumbed-down, personal preference and sight on it.
    Unlike some people, I don´t care about credit. They can give it to you Elune_ if it matters so much. I couldn´t care less.

And the point remains, you voted based on the lines which you were specifically asked not to do.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippa View Post
    And the point remains, you voted based on the lines which you were specifically asked not to do.
    They are negatively affecting your poll and suggestion. If you're specifically asking people to ignore the lines anyway, then just remove them altogether? I know they're just examples, but they're very bad examples and they're actually hurting what you're so desperately trying to get into the game.

I don't really care if you actually do remove them. Just saying they're doing your suggestion more harm than good.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    ^This isnt his suggestion i think :S

But yes, these are the words i was looking for.

Doesnt matter. It gives people the basic idea of what it could be instead of another MsPudding pack.

If people unable to read can´t accept that then it´s their problem.
    Besides, the suggestion was doing fairly well before the forum rework. So there actually is no reason not to implement it. It´s obvious that people want it.
    Last edited by Tippa; 01-30-2012 at 08:36 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Doesn't matter? How can you say that when clearly your exemplary lines are making far more people vote "no"? You do realize that some people (including myself) had never seen the other threads and as such will only see your examples?

I can read, you know. I did actually realize they were just examples, but until you linked to them I hadn't seen those other threads which had much more acceptable (and overall stronger/funnier) lines, of which I wouldn't have thought because I don't care enough about the suggestion to even think about it. BUT, if I had seen those threads instead, with their examples, chances are I wouldn't have voted (because I'm not for the idea, but with those lines I can accept it, so that would be neither "yes" nor a "no").

Tl;dr: Some people have only seen this thread with your exemplary lines and take them for granted. You don't make a suggestion to have people make up their own lines, you have to "sell" your idea to them and you just don't seem to be grasping that.

My 2 cents and with that I'm done here. Good luck with your suggestion.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Right. We have all said our opinions now. Can we please stop discussing on this thread and stop bumping it to the top all the time? Other Tier 1 suggestions should have a chance too (and yes, this was at the top when i posted this).

No, you voted against the idea the minute you saw it claiming it to be sexist and what not. So please, don´t try to tell me now that if the thread would have consisted only of "The idea is to have female seductive announcer pack" you would have voted "yes".
    That´s such a bull.
    The other thread got 600+ "yes" votes against 170 "no" votes. That´s pretty healthy ratio to me. Oh yea...the same lines were there as examples.

And Elune_ do you really think that only the one top thread gets attention?
    Really?
    Last edited by Tippa; 01-30-2012 at 01:44 PM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Yes, because obviously no other thread is at the top but the ones that get discussed. Is it so important by now to prove that your opinion is the superior?

All I do is respond to your rubbish.

bump

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    No offense Tippa, i dont want to discuss anymore, but why bump another thread as the only one willing to do it? If the author doesnt have the guts to do it himself, then it clearly should be abandoned. Ferocios (or what his name is) clearly is inactive on this thread, dont be his pawn all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Elune_ View Post
    No offense Tippa, i dont want to discuss anymore, but why bump another thread as the only one willing to do it? If the author doesnt have the guts to do it himself, then it clearly should be abandoned. Ferocios (or what his name is) clearly is inactive on this thread, dont be his pawn all the time.
    I am Feroci0us but thanks for your concern.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Oh, well that makes sense...

bump

Bump

I don't see how is having a sexy female announcer sexist. It seems to me that a sexy female announcer is just as stereotypical as the badass announcer, which portrays guys as callous, gung-ho ass holes.

I feel that GUYS should be more insulted at the sexism against the males in the game. We have that ignorant redneck drunk, several hideous fat dudes, some jocky guys, samurai with racist accent, and Artesia even makes fun of that dumb nerdy kid that thinks winning Hawn is just spamming magic missile.

ITS NOT SEXIST IF THEY DISCRIMINATE AGAINST BOTH SEXES.

Stereotypical, yes
    Objectification, maybe
    Sexist, no