Thread: Chain - Master, The Life Before Death Torturer.

View Poll Results: Should this avatar be implemented?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes please!

19 76.00%
  • I don't think so, and will explain why.

6 24.00%
    Account Icon
    Chat Symbol

Thumbs up Chain - Master, The Life Before Death Torturer.

Torturer, arguably one of the heroes with the most potential to change games. We all love tort's original skin, and nothing can ever replace it, but I feel like he could thrive in another skin.

Torturer is not human (obviously), but he had to have been at one time. Even his description says he was at one time, let us take a peek..

"Many years ago, the Torturer was just a dying man who made a pact to serve the Hellbourne in exchange for eternal life. However, to ensure his loyalty without the distraction of physical temptations, the Hellbourne stripped the man of his physical body leaving the pure energy of destruction, agony, and hate."

Now what kind of man would do such a thing? We have to envision a man, so desperate to live that he would serve the Hellbourne. It is obvious that when Tort was alive, he enjoyed his life.

I envision him as a dark man, cloak overhead and no one really speaks to them because he does not speak to people. He worked a daily job and was a normal person in daylight, but at night he grabbed his chains and set out and became... Sebastian "Chain-master" Chadwick..

(Btw, in my mind this is occurring in foggy London town, in the 1800's.) I think in his life, Tort was a blacksmith, and he always wanted to be one because he was obsessed with chains and he always had been.. The linking, the symmetry between the steel, the strength of the chains...

"Man torturing man is a fiend beyond description. You turn a corner in the dark and there he is. You congeal into a bundle of inanimate fear. You become the very soul of anesthesia. But there is no escaping him. It is your turn now... "Sebastian "Chain-master" Chadwick..

"For some men, Torture is a need, an appetite, and an accomplishment."

...So I give you...

Sebastian "Chain-master" Chadwick

(This is a rough idea of how I want him to look. This is kind of how I envision him but with a lot more chains.)

The Chain-Master's Skills:
    • Chain Reaction: The Chain-Master throws his chains at a target location which whip nearby enemies, damaging and stunning them.
    • Impalement: The Chain-Master whips his chains around him in a complete circle for a duration, hitting random enemies and structures near him.
    • Agonizing Bonds: The Chain-Master sets his chains flying at his opponents, they wrap around them and he pulls them into a targeted area.
    • Torment: The Chain-Master's evil soul erupts through his body. His chains and himself start glowing a blackish-blue and he himself starts levitating, doing damage to all those around him.

The Chain-Master's Animations:

• Standing still: He looks around curiously, as if looking for someone to be caught out... alone.
    • Idle: He takes his chains on each arm and swings them in a circle and whistles.
    • Movement: Decent speed. It looks like a fast jog. Arms swinging, cloak flowing. I imagine it looking like he is chasing someone/something.
    • Attack: Pretty simple, the Chain-Master extends one arm in a throwing motion and a chain flies out. (Similar to Tort's current attack animation.)
    • Spell 1 Animation (Chain Reaction): Chain-Master throws the chains in his hands at the targeted area. Cloak catches air and extends out when he does this.
    • Spell 2 Animation (Impalement): Upon activation, Chain-Master throws his arms into the air and shouts something, then the chains start coming like normal impalement.
    • Spell 3 Animation (Agonizing Bonds): Chain-Master throws both of his arms like you would throw a furious hand of dice, kind of to the side? (As if to curve the chains) and in doing so the chains wrap around the targeted foes, and then Chain-Master instantly pulls with all of his might and flings the targeted heroes to the targeted spot.
    • Spell 4 Animation (Torment): Like in the skill description above, I imagine Chain-Master releasing all the pent up evil/(Maybe souls of past victims?) and this gives off a truly black aura resonating from him (Kind of like Defiler's ult?). He is also gains levitation during this. When he is in the air, I imagine him kind of slouched, because he does not need to do anything, he just floats and does not need to walk. Implement normal attack animation into this I would think, unless it ended up looking weird, then I would give him a new attack animation during ult.

Sounds:
    Let me first state that I would LOVE to do the voice recording on this, but that seems highly un-likely seeing how you hire proffesionals, this isnt a big deal. I have select phrases in mind for each action he takes. Mind you these are simple ideas and can be easily changed. His voice needs to be very deep, and dark. Almost like everything he says is in a whisper. However, in his skills, I imagine him screaming loudly. (Hence the caps.)

• Walking one: "Cheerio."
    • Walking two: "On my way."
    • Walking three: "I'm going!"
    • Clicked on him one: "What?"
    • Clicked on him two: "You'd better stop."
    • Action one: "Bollocks."
    • Action two: "Understood."
    • Spell 1(Chain Reaction): "GO NOWHERE!"
    • Spell 2(Impalement): "DIE!"
    • Spell 3(Agonizing Bonds): "COME TO ME!"
    • Spell 4(Torment): "heahehaehehahehaehah" (Very dark cackling.)
    • Death: "I will return..."
    • Revival:"Told you."

Thank you very much for reading this, and obviously this is just the very, very rough draft of what could be a very cool alt avatar. This alt avatar is not only cool and fun for HoN fans, it actually adds backstory and give Torturer a little more depth, which I think is a very good thing. You can never have too much background for a hero in my opinion.

Best Wishes,
    Romulox.
    Vote for my Alt Avatar for Torturer

Chain-Master

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=345531

(Popular)

IsmaelVera for President

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    My suggestion is to take off the mask, so that he can look a little more human. Or at least a bandit mask. Great idea!

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Thanks everyone!
    Vote for my Alt Avatar for Torturer

Chain-Master

http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=345531

(Popular)

IsmaelVera for President