Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread. Thread: Matchmaking Rework FAQ

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    so.. im gonna be 1675? for real?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTowN View Post
    The other team will not have their point gains adjusted at all, it only affects the team with the disconnected players.
    Thanks for the quick reply, JamesTowN :]
    Quote Originally Posted by Meier_Link View Post
    HoN is not retard, it just take out our inner retarard on all of us.

I may love you right now, don't be alarmed.

This is bs I hate cm mode and only playboy for trolls and now my account will go down coz of I don't like cm that's bs
    Don't judge my grammar

Still missing a crucial thing.

A mode that requires 1 Agility, 1 Strength and 1 intellect. No mather what. So you dont join a fail team that everyone picks a carry. 1 intellect and 4 agility´s.

Also, playing a support hero should make the player earn 1 extra silver coin.
    I eat 2 panncakes with 1 bite.

Quote Originally Posted by slaughteryou View Post
    This is bs I hate cm mode and only playboy for trolls and now my account will go down coz of I don't like cm that's bs
    Have you been sniffing the glue again?
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why people appear to be bright...until you hear them speak.

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by NegDouce View Post
    so.. im gonna be 1675? for real?
    same, what the **** is this

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTowN View Post

• Introduced a "Provisional Ranking Period" for new players that will facilitate adjusting them to their true skill level (whether higher or lower) much faster than before.

• Made numerous changes to the way MMR is calculated such as how many points players gain or lose each match, how match predictions are calculated between two potential teams when searching for a matchup, and many other changes to the backend calculations that should make the MMR progression much more accurate in predicting and placing a player at their true MMR rating.

Explain in detail plzz
    What changes ? Does KDR Wards or anything has an effect now?

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    For everyone complaining about now being in the 1600's, keep in mind that all the other 1800s are also going to be dropped to 1650. You're still going to get matched up with the same people you did before.
    When I was younger I had an imaginary friend.
    Now, with internet gaming, I have hundreds of imaginary friends.

-American proverb

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    @Jamestown: Are you going to give Broodje credit?
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=324132
    When I was younger I had an imaginary friend.
    Now, with internet gaming, I have hundreds of imaginary friends.

-American proverb

I got a suggestion i expect some hating since its like its in WoW.
    An option where people can chose what they are willing to play. Like Support,Initiator,Carry,"Tank". With those thumbs up/down from game modes. Would really make it easier not to get 3 carrys and 2 strenghs in a team

Quote Originally Posted by MacroHard View Post
    For everyone complaining about now being in the 1600's, keep in mind that all the other 1800s are also going to be dropped to 1650. You're still going to get matched up with the same people you did before.
    you just missed that the gap became much smaller so normal 1900s can be easily queued up with 1700--. because the 1900s are 1700 and the 1700s are 1600s...

oh god its not first time compression is being made so dont cry
    ure good ull advance through again

yeah but..i have such a bad impression of 1600s.. wont be able to look at myself in the mirror the same way.

Start raping with Monarch before it's too late~
    Need more souls.. !

Quote Originally Posted by NegDouce View Post
    yeah but..i have such a bad impression of 1600s.. wont be able to look at myself in the mirror the same way.
    Wouldn't the 1600s become 1500s

Actually no, that what u are saying would be applied if all players were given a -100 mmr. Not like this. So a guy with 1500/1500 is 1500 and me with 1670/1500 1585. so now im with him, who just started yesterday. ?? On the other hand 1600/1600 guy is now above me. I just cant realize what does 1500 casual has to do with my mmr if im not even playing it.

JamesTown can u please just explain why is this done in this way.

@Jamestown: Are you going to give Broodje credit?
    http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/sh...d.php?t=324132
    I made that suggestion earlier than he did.

(oddly enough, we had the same ratio idea with his being "So if I gain +20/-20 mmr at the beginning of the game, and a hero gets terminated at the 20:00 min mark. If the game ends in 50:00 and you win with 4 players the mmr will be adjusted to the time rate. So your mmr gain/lose will be something like +30/-10," and mine being "So if you were to be +20/-20 in a 5v5 and somebody on your team d/c's, then the ratio should change to +30/-10 for you." haha)
    Last edited by Kripke; 12-06-2011 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hlev View Post
    Actually no, that what u are saying would be applied if all players were given a -100 mmr. Not like this. So a guy with 1500/1500 is 1500 and me with 1670/1500 1585. so now im with him, who just started yesterday. ?? On the other hand 1600/1600 guy is now above me. I just cant realize what does 1500 casual has to do with my mmr if im not even playing it.

JamesTown can u please just explain why is this done in this way.
    Hes saying the casual will change too... So if you have 1700 casual rating u will have 1600 Casual rating...
    My custom map -> Pacman HoN Style

And full on clan support with proper clan matchmaking, and a complete working in-game clan ladder system that revolves around a team name not player mmr?

You are adding that as well right? You know the thing that should already be in the game from day 1...