Thread: [2.3.0] Magebane

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    the problem is that hotbl is broken, mage as a hero is strong but not broken without it.

Quote Originally Posted by SirVH View Post
    About Hotbl, it needs a serious nerf. It's way too good for a first item that helps during the whole game. There's so many heroes that have a amazing use of that item is not even funny. :chro:
    But if Hotbl gets nerfed, then each of those heroes also gets nerfed, and not all of them need a nerf. So its a tad more complicated then that.
    It's definitely possible if you know how to play well.

Irrespective, HotBL needs a nerf for reasons more related to internal fairness (damage outputs vs. ability to withstand damage).

While thats true, a nerf to hotbl while shake everything upside downs with balance. Like, really.
    It's definitely possible if you know how to play well.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    You know whats funny is about 3 months ago I remember someone starting a "buff magebane" thread. The hero has gone from crap to overpowered without any real changes besides the baseline melee health regen change.

I definitely think the issue is tank items, they are too good in this game because of all of the heros who have built in DPS capability combined with escape moves. Magebane is really no different from a kraken, or a ra, or zephyr or a drunken master in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by GODROD View Post
    If he goes hotbl first it takes a good while before he makes an impact in teamfights, and hou can counter him and he doesnt have much mana to do stuff either..
    You clearly don't play this hero much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripoff View Post
    While thats true, a nerf to hotbl while shake everything upside downs with balance. Like, really.
    Yep. And it's been a long time coming. This item, along with certain heroes, set an internal standard of balance that is poisoning the game from the inside very slowly.

Quote Originally Posted by TRYTROUSERS View Post
    You know whats funny is about 3 months ago I remember someone starting a "buff magebane" thread. The hero has gone from crap to overpowered without any real changes besides the baseline melee health regen change.
    Aura buff from 600 to 800 (the range of most disables) put it solidly in the realm of being an amazing skill. If it had a clear visual before and after, there would be a lot more people attributing Magebane success to that buff.
    Last edited by Anakha; 11-29-2011 at 02:41 AM.
    Let me spell it out plain for you
    Angry people complain about the things I do
    I'm not changing direction, I'm stepping my game up
    Maintaining my name, the same way I came up.

Truth is, I thought it mattered
    I thought that music mattered.
    But does it? Bollocks!
    Not compared to how people matter.

I still think magebane pushing/farming lane with runed axe is an even bigger problem than not being able to gank with hotbl.

You can reasonably counter that with a couple of heroes all early game and consequently shut his farm down utterly. The pushing that is...

We can take some recent examples of Rea vs EZ NASL game were they pushed rather fast and hard + mb was incapable to do anything against blinking Pollywog. Or DHW finals game 1 and game 2 were constant pressure and in case of second game 5 seconds silence kept him down. Or Jaga vs Port also from dhw where magebane got insane farm and still couldn't win due to massive early game push by Keeper+Warbeast.

they should switch the animations for magebane and hags blinks, so mb has the animation time and hags becomes instant

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Ehm, Magebane's isn't instant. Try pressing s to cancel the cast sometime maybe.
    RIP in Pepperonis m8
    I cry evertim

//Greger af Moek de la Hoek from Soek in Roek

in a high level game with lots of disables, magebane isnt that strong, except for his ulti which is insanely strong, especially against heroes with TONS of mana who burn it fast (dr, torturer, pyro). that said, if the team has stormspirits, tablets, void talisman and/or slows and disables magebane can be countered very effectively.

i play him a lot recently, and i feel that if my laning phase is decent and i can get hotbl and/or runed axe in a decent time my farming will sky rocket and i win the game no matter what happens.

i believe this hero is fine if dealt with correctly, with the exception of his ult. this ult's biggest power is its underestimation. it often results in a team thats winning the game hard getting raped by a single ult while not expecting it.

Ehm, Magebane's isn't instant. Try pressing s to cancel the cast sometime maybe.
    it's one of the best skills in the game to cancel. it looks like he's having technical problems with the teleporter
    "Proclamation was made, in the King's Name, for all Persons to keep Silence" - House of Lords Journal, Volume 20, 24 June 1717

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Quote Originally Posted by GregerMoek View Post
    Pretty sure it's faster than Hags though. Hag has ~0.6 seconds casttime, and I'm pretty sure Magebanes is lower (~0.3).

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    So someone just suggested a buff to Wretched Hag, marvelous!

Also, of the heroes that in a way gets nerfed if this item gets nerfed are mostly heroes that could use nerfs in general. Legionnaire is one of the exceptions in my opinion, but the exceptions are fewer and they could instead get some kind of compensation if it was seen as needed.
    RIP in Pepperonis m8
    I cry evertim

//Greger af Moek de la Hoek from Soek in Roek

Quote Originally Posted by GregerMoek View Post
    So someone just suggested a buff to Wretched Hag, marvelous!

Also, of the heroes that in a way gets nerfed if this item gets nerfed are mostly heroes that could use nerfs in general. Legionnaire is one of the exceptions in my opinion, but the exceptions are fewer and they could instead get some kind of compensation if it was seen as needed.
    I know this is out of place, but I for one think that qop needs a buff and they were experimenting with giving her a shorter animation on her blink in dota... and since mb is kinda imba atm the change fits x)

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Pretty sure it's faster than Hags though. Hag has ~0.6 seconds casttime, and I'm pretty sure Magebanes is lower (~0.3).
    Pretty sure Flash of Darkness is at 0,33 and Flash is at 0,25.

i dont really get the problem here,as i played 11 games with magebane and won all of them,but i won them 35 minutes or later in, not before,because hes a HARDCARRY

hotbl gives him survivability but no mean to play offensive, he still need alot more farm than you should think of.
    yes you cannot get ganked easily,but i usually survive with 400-600 hp , cut 300 of that and i still have 100 to 300 .

his bat makes up for his pretty low base dmg (althought he got a nice per lvl gain )
    and he doesnt have any nuke or basher ( like chronos,can deal alot with bashing + q at the same time) he doesnt have a slow (dark lady, tremble) or a true dmg strike ( sw) all he does have is some mana drain early, and the ability to blink away, which by any mean,every melee hardcarry can.

in my opponion a sandwraith is much worse to gank,since he gets literally a Wallhack with using Q, if hes noit completly dumb he can escape out of so many situations.

oh also

MSI vs Frenatic array

Trixi didnt even bothered gettin boots or a hotbl

i sometimes dont get a hotbl too(If my farm is 350 or higher) because boots also give 200 life points + lifereg from runed axe pretty much makes up for it.

it really depens on the situation
    Last edited by NorXTream; 11-29-2011 at 09:22 AM.

Since his alt avatar got released, people noticed Magebane's potential and now he's on every game, and now noobs are qq'ing about him. Magebane were always this strong, doesn't need any nerf, he's like any hard carry on the game, with pros and cons. Deal with it, scrubs.

(Magebane player)

Quote Originally Posted by KaitosHyral View Post
    Since his alt avatar got released, people noticed Magebane's potential and now he's on every game, and now noobs are qq'ing about him. Magebane were always this strong, doesn't need any nerf, he's like any hard carry on the game, with pros and cons. Deal with it, scrubs.

(Magebane player)

with the words of the character the skin is "obviously" designed from.

YOU ARE NOT PREPARED( enter random nooby name here)

but i totaly agree to this statement,if i see an MB i only see him because of that illidan lookalike skin,althouzght i played with him before,admit it,the skin is freakin epic

needs a nerv,no more shiny warglaives