Thread: [2.2.9] Lord Salforis Speculation

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post
    ahaha.

Poor stat gain, low ms, low agi (which leads to poor EHP), high mana cost skills, which offset his farming potential.

He's just another hero that needs a lot of gpm to be a dominating force mid-late game.

If anything his greatest strength is the flexibility in how you skill him. His skills all scale nicely. Which can be seen as good or bad.

But all-in-all, nothing special.

lack of farming ability is the last thing he has with his passive

the ultimate should be equal to swiftblades cooldown if you want it to be balanced

either buff swiftblades ultimate to have a short cooldown (if given to salf) OR keep salfs ultimate a long cooldown

Salforis is definitely held back by poor mobility, mediocre stat gains and crap Agility gain. So it's made up with the power of his skills. He's a character of extremes, like take a heavy grappler in a fighting game, for example.

Thanks s2game for this hero

Has removed hon

Held back by insanely poor range on all of his spells and his stat gains. Will be picked for his ult to counter massive healers (Like the zeph/jera/rhap/demented fight, PORT vs MFC if I recall correctly).

doesnt seem OP atm atleast.

One thing he does have, is that he can sneak into the jungle if he gets semi crushed mid (Like moon got with Ra several times). Not that effective but hey, he got the choice atleast.
    It's definitely possible if you know how to play well.

Account Icon
    well jereziah and zephyr can survive his ulti because of instant heal

Quote Originally Posted by Ripoff View Post
    Held back by insanely poor range on all of his spells and his stat gains. Will be picked for his ult to counter massive healers (Like the zeph/jera/rhap/demented fight, PORT vs MFC if I recall correctly).

doesnt seem OP atm atleast.

One thing he does have, is that he can sneak into the jungle if he gets semi crushed mid (Like moon got with Ra several times). Not that effective but hey, he got the choice atleast.
    He does have awesome survivability in the jungle from lvl 5 onwards. Max life tap and his passive and you're set! 200dmg and heal every 5 seconds for 40 mana is not bad at all, not to mention the regen he gets and aura DPS against the tougher neutrals.
    Proof that LoL players are definitely brain damaged and have no clue what they're talking about :

Chronos was extremely bad early game and could only KS with his blink then blink away as he would die in 2 hits. Xin is like Pyromancer early game, can towerdive anyone once he gets to level 3.

I played him a few games yesterday, he's absolute junk in my honest opinion. His nuke is hard-to-land, doesn't actually nuke for that much, and has no stun or slow attached. His second skill is a melee slow with a cast time, and his third skill doesn't do very much unless you can get someone on their own. Only interesting thing about him is his ult, which doesn't seem even close to good enough to merit picking him. Bear in mind he's a strength caster with junk MS as well.

Credit to Devious`, with thanks to AvunaOs for my last signature

Account Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by lolb0t View Post
    well jereziah and zephyr can survive his ulti because of instant heal
    Those instant heals doesn't work on the ultimate. Just tried it out in practice mode to be sure.

Although Demented can still use his cape on an almost dying target to heal, even when Salforis' Ultimate is applied (maybe a bug?). Jera can also use his ultimate and charm to get no damage from any other source than Salforis' 2nd ability (E: And Ultimate ofcourse).

Ra won't gain any health from hitting himself or any other target (his passive health regen and regen items are also negated).

One think to mention is that the Ultimate has a 40 seconds duration on the soul enslaved to Salforis (it's not mentioned in the skill description - see spoiler below for picture of proof and suggestion).

If the target dies under this effect, its soul will be enslaved for 40 seconds, granting you 35 Attack Damage and 20 Attack Speed. He may then consume the soul to gain 300 Health.
    Last edited by Thuriner; 11-19-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Forum Moderators are not S2 Games employees. My posts in no way represent the view of S2 Games or any of its staff.

Please use the report post function to have me review a post that you believe is breaking the Forum Rules.
    Check the Sticky Threads for additional information on this sub-forum and the Announcement Threads for more information about Heroes of Newerth as a whole!

-----------------------------

He has strong skills, but his slow movement and basically non-existant mobility really hurts him.
    Unless they have 0 escape mechanism and no movement speed he just will fail his ganks 70% of the time. Might get better as soon as he gets his PK, which I can see as Core on him. But in the end, there are so many better PK gankers out there...
    So he is better off carrying and dominating in team fights (He jungles like a boss), but lets get real, a lot of other heroes carry harder and better too.

Account Icon
    so basically he is a walking ultimate.....similar to blood hunter?

He has no use in team fights? Are you all retarded? His ulti completely renders any type of regenerational object completely useless. This hero is just simply op, s2 need to be slapped after this1. Lets make a tank then give him mass SUPERIOUR magic damage, a 100% life leech ability. I mean pop a SH on this char and he becomes completely impossible to kill, even after it wears off as a team are we supposed to use EVERY single disable/stun on their "tank"? Retarded idea, retarded concept. And how did a guy win any type of naming contest by taking his nick and adding Lord infront of it? herp derp s2 is turning into riot

I was thinking about his lifesteal attack. The problem with it is that it has a too long wind up. Reduced cast time but a longer animation would probably make it even usefull. Because as its not you dont really gain anything from that movespeed because you waste it on the cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by YawningAngel View Post
    I played him a few games yesterday, he's absolute junk in my honest opinion. His nuke is hard-to-land, doesn't actually nuke for that much, and has no stun or slow attached. His second skill is a melee slow with a cast time, and his third skill doesn't do very much unless you can get someone on their own. Only interesting thing about him is his ult, which doesn't seem even close to good enough to merit picking him. Bear in mind he's a strength caster with junk MS as well.
    compare him to that useless wolf last patch

all of a sudden hes OP bouncin off the walls

Why not just make the hero like the Necromancer? Salforis only got the First skill and the ult idea, the other 2 skills have nothing to do with Necromancer, and he is not a viable hero in my opinion.

First skill deal 40 less magic damage than Necromancer's, but with a lower mana cost (but since the hero is str and not int, well..).

Second skill has a little AoE for the slow, a ms boost that don't help in nearly anything cause of the cast time. The lifesteal can be useful, but the skill is bad as a whole.

Passive actualy seems op, but although the AoE is ok (300 if not mistaken), the hero just can't chase enough to make full use of it. Basicaly, its good for farming and survival with the hp regen.

Ult is kinda bad. The synergy from Necromancer's skills were so cool and viable, but on this hero it just don't fit that well. If the enemy heals dealt damage to them it would be so much better.

Will make martyr even more useless.

I dont see him make too much use of his aura offensivly pre-bkb. Especially with that low ms. Just land a slow or stun on him and ur fine. In teamfights his aura will make him pretty hard to kill but doesnt deal any dmg. His ult seems like a wierd port of doombringers ult (tho db is insane ) but got some counter pick potential.

But he could be intresting if used correctly. Time will tell.
    Gooby pls...

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    Salforis sucks really bad, he's just too slow, his W skill has some nice potential for big crit heals, but you can't build any real attack damage on him without sacraficing his need to be tanky because he's so easy to kill/kite.

If you don't build him tank you just get shut down, and the fun in this hero is building critshards so you can get nice W crit heals.

He requires a strong mana regen item or he's just mana starved constantly, you can squeeze 2 types of item on a hero, like going Helm, crit and shroud on glad, because he's not that mana intensive, but you're just not gonna have the money to build survivability, mana regen, and damage on him.

He needs his mana cost on Q lowering a little, W needs it's cast time lowering or removed, as that big slam he does is just pointless and gives them too much time to get away, E just doesn't do anything unless you invest in it early, it's a paradoxial skill because it has just a small AOE around him, and he's so easy to kite - the health regen doesn't even feel like it's there and is a weak attribute in such a bursty metagame.

He's like playing an evil accursed, but with even lower skill ranges, yes he can put out some nice damage, but if he couldn't he would do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, 0 utility, 0 support, he is a pure damage hero, he suffers from the inability to get close enough to dish it out.

I've been experimenting with a lot of builds, the only thing that seems to work is building him full tank with helm and shamans, but he's clearly not supposed to be played like that.

Would just like to add that 70% heal at lvl 1 life tap is just pointless, it needs to be 100% at all levels - even at max level life tap usually isn't worth it for the heal as doing it keeps you stationary for too long.
    Last edited by DaPPa; 11-19-2011 at 11:05 AM.

Account Icon
    Chat Symbol
    i think he's great.

I rather dislike Mors Somethingsomething.

I made this crappy Excel chart to show why. With any magic armor, the ability drops off in effectiveness to a stupid amount. With the normal magic armor, it ends up dealing 170 damage when a normal 300 damage nuke ends up being 225. This isn't a big deal considering Mors is supposed to be stronger at the first blow, and it shows up in the 270 damage before the heal. The problem is when the magic armor gets higher. With a Shamans, it deals 86 bloody damage when a normal nuke would deal 155. There is a huge difference in that. The percent Mors does compared to a normal nuke shows up to be quite bad quite fast. I don't know if he needs any buffs, but I would say 400 damage would be a possible buff that would not be stupid.
    Last edited by Cyber_Kun; 11-19-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    "All they do is expound their store of knowledge. They excite themselves with their ranting; their disapproval swells them with a feeling of importance and sick victory, they thrive on spoiling the pleasure and trashing the creativity of others."
    The Minister shares her opinion of critics. ~ Kino's Journey

You guys are crazy, salforis is quite balanced imo. He just needs a pk and he's set. His low ms and agi gain are what keep him from being op.